Is Multiplayer a Real Simulation of a World War I battle?

2»

Comments

• superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    I use it as part of my WW1 simulation. I spend most of my life living in a muddy ditch in France eating hardtack biscuits writing poems about the horrors of war like Wilfred Owen, Siegfried Sassoon and private S Baldrick. I've paid a local farmer named Hugo to take pot shots at me and my friend Barry with his shotgun whilst yelling in a german accent ACHTUNG TOMMY. When we go on leave we head to the local brothel and get all sorts of STD's and get blind drunk on cheap wine singing songs that sound real nice but when you listen to the lyrics you find it's really filthy. Then I write home to my wife about how I hope the war will end by Christmas (spoiler alert it won't).

When we get back from leave we will get ready for the big push (play BF1) But first, we will shoot the owner of the brothel as it turns out she's a spy for the Germans aka farmer Hugo who has been going to the brothel with all the money we have been paying him. Then we will throw old fireworks at Hugo for a month or two before we turn on our Xbox's and start playing BF1 and then I will get killed as soon as the match starts. Later Barry will write to my widow about how I died bravely and did good for King and country and not hiding in a shell hole peeing myself with terror. Later when he gets home from playing battlefield 1 he will go and see my Widow and try and goose her.

We do this every time we play and take turns on who dies and gets to do the Widow, well that's how we play battlefield 1

probably the best post on this entire forum

god

damn
  • MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes it is.
    Soldiers trend to survive 2-3 head shots without death.
    They was available to run/jump around carrying 30kg+ rocket launchers in additional to their normal primary.
    Half of the fighting infantry champed in the hills with snipers.
    And yes, half of the participants was black, especially the german medics.
  • swisherj
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It wouldn't be realistic. In real life you can't die 20 times in a mission. Your whole strategy would change to victory and survival. It wouldn't be a free for all with people running everywhere, it would be much more organized.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    Arcade FPS.

I can probably say, without exaggerating, that the way this game is played is the farthest away from the actual way WW1 was fought that you could possibly get.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whilst some of what you find in game is akin to the fighting of ww1 especially in the last year it's no where near simulation standard in term of realistic.

Verdun is closer to the grit and gore and horror of the war
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For Gods sake guys.

This is a troll thread.

• kekcroc
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For Gods sake guys.

This is a troll thread.

when you read through here long enough, it becomes so hard to tell the difference between genuine silliness or bait
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For Gods sake guys.

This is a troll thread.

Maybe so but it doesn't do any harm to compare what actually happened to what you can do in bf1. (Reading through many of the VC exploits; they sound like an "only in battlefield moment" and the fact these actually happened is the best part)