If you play FAO Fortress conquest

captinsmooth
1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Stop trying to capture the castle! If you hold E&F you loose the match almost 99.9% of the time, especially if your spawn base is near A.

So just stop it!

That's all, thank you for reading.

Comments

• Petedawg508
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never been a fan of taking the castle myself.
    If I can get my hands on a tank and dig in at "D" flag I won't really move from there.
    You can see the entire map from up there as it is the most elevated position on the map.
    I do on occasion take the boat and do a chuck norris mission to cap flags at the castle, but it usually turns into a meat grinder.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    Never been a fan of taking the castle myself.
    If I can get my hands on a tank and dig in at "D" flag I won't really move from there.
    You can see the entire map from up there as it is the most elevated position on the map.
    I do on occasion take the boat and do a chuck norris mission to cap flags at the castle, but it usually turns into a meat grinder.

That's why people end up there is because it turns into a meat grinder fueled by revenge kills. But strategy wise it's crap to win the match because you are so isolated.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It not that you never take it. It's that you take it last. And lose it first if they manage to push you back.

I always take it last with the intention of having E & F before the dread not arrives and holding them long enough to destroy it.

After that the enemy is usually so demoralized they'll hold on for dear life up in the castle and give my team the rest of the entire map.

I almost feel sorry for their team members who have the common sense to spawn from home base but get crushed over and over again bc they're going at it alone. Respect actually since they're putting up the real fight and that's where the fun is to be had in the one sided matches.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thankfully, I am always on the team that has every other flag, and drink some coffee looking at the Fortress as the enemy camp in there all proud of themselves with two flags.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was getting pretty ticked last night with my squad. I was trying to keep A,B,C and D. And we had all of them. Those ignorant smarty pants kept trying to get E and F. We were stomping butt until they took on that task. So we lost in the end.

Please just leave E and F to the enemy....it keeps them confined. Easy farming for guys in bombers ,AA trucks ,mortars,etc
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, the fort can pretty much go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ itself. I usually enjoy running around between B, C and D. The only time I'll approach the fort is if there's nothing else to capture or defend.
  • SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol. I luv the battles you get in the castle against good players/teams. I go straight for the flags at the start of every round and I usually only go as far as B & C.
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate trying to take E and F. Playing earlier and my team wanted to do nothing BUT try and capture E and F. Guess who was trying to defend A, B, and C?
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Stop trying to capture the castle! If you hold E&F you loose the match almost 99.9% of the time, especially if your spawn base is near A.

So just stop it!

That's all, thank you for reading.

100% agree.

It's nice to see someone else thinking critically.

Don't get me wrong, the Fortress is a really fun place to fight, but it's an utterly useless position to take with respect to the rest of the map
  • grazthespaz
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just grab a boat and flank the enemy. Nobody expects you to take a boat right round the map to take A or G from them behind their backs.

Ive had an enemy team holed up in the castle so I took a boat round the back and shredded them
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Every time I sneak in the backside of the fortress I get at least one enemy spawned behind me before I can do anything. I don't even waste the trip anymore.
  • MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most players just camp on hill and in the fortress sniping the others.
    Amazing map.
  • A_warped_mind
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Totally agree and same can be said for Monte Grappa (just cap A/C/E and leave B and D to the enemy, I have never lost a game on that map if you cap and defend A/C and E (just got to hope the rest of your team realises it)
  • ANGRYharold
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    good advice. E and F may as well be a separate map, considering how sequestered it is.
  • captinsmooth
    It's funny Sinai is the same layout in conquest, and holding those points is non issue. Except in back to basics if you are the ottomans and you try and hold A & B you can kiss the match good bye.
  • SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So let the other team take E & F and add even more snipers to deal with on that map.....nah. I like the great battles you can get at E & F. Heading down to B & C from there ends up in alot of action aswell. The fortress gives you the best view over the map for spotting etc and the cannons and AA gun help deal with the tanks and planes. I don't even waste my time running to A, D and G unless the other team is really struggling, or I leave certain flags and give them a better chances to take it so they can put up more of a fight.
  • captinsmooth
    SCOTTISH21 wrote: »
    So let the other team take E & F and add even more snipers to deal with on that map.....nah. I like the great battles you can get at E & F. Heading down to B & C from there ends up in alot of action aswell. The fortress gives you the best view over the map for spotting etc and the cannons and AA gun help deal with the tanks and planes. I don't even waste my time running to A, D and G unless the other team is really struggling, or I leave certain flags and give them a better chances to take it so they can put up more of a fight.

Glad you play to give the other team a chance and not to help your own...
  • SCOTTISH21
    SCOTTISH21 wrote: »

Glad you play to give the other team a chance and not to help your own...

Lol. I'd rather give them a chance than see them pinned back at base spawn or only having one flag..... what usually happens is that team starts losing lots of players to the quitters..... How much fun is it when that happens..... especially if you need to keep changing server.

I'm on the game for fun and playing in balanced matches with lots of action and great battles is what I want from a battlefield game. I'll always try to win and help my team.
  • Masher8559
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Yep, i never go for the castle and refuse to help anyone that does. Once your team holds E and F half of your team will sit in the fort sniping. Meanwhile every other flag on the map will fall to the enemy. It's the same story every time on this map.
  • Zombified_Medic
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Usually, I'll only go to the castle if the AA emplacements at A or G are destroyed and I need to swat that pesky flyboy down. Otherwise, I'm more than happy to allow the enemy to keep the castle.