Behemoth - worthless?

JensAL1
373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Seems like everytime my team gets a behemoth it gets even worse. We lose the 1-2x based we have and the lady says "the enemy controls ALL the objectives". Why is this? A Behemoth has turned the tide once or twice for my team. I am lvl 91 and play mainly conquest and some operations so i have seen some big war machines... are they to weak? Personally i love destroying airships. I get thousand upon thousands of points and the kill. Airship driver seat weapon is almost useless aswell. Annyway, whats the point when they never ever change the tide? Shud there be a course that certifies the use of the driver seat? Something must be done!

Comments

• kekcroc
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    nah they can change the tide pretty good, Dreadnought and Trains in particular can give off some nasty bombings, problem is that they need a guy with a good sense of what to do and what not to do, and those guys are rare

so you end up getting a lot of player who just want to try out the Behemoth and find themselves driving the thing, and then they say 'aw snap' and do their best when they have no idea what to do.

that and the airship is garbage beyond being annoying when you get bombed in particular out of nowhere. there's AA everywhere, planes can do whatever they want because the machine guns are only good at shooing away enemy aircraft rather than killing (and even then they can just be avoided by flying under or to the side of the ship) and they're so slow to getting to the frontlines, meaning that by the time it's looming over the hotpoints, AA guns and planes probably already took down a quarter of its HP before it got to effective range. oh and the cabins can be blown off entirely and kill most of the occupants for Petes sake

that's just me though
  • fdm867
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they should ad an additional advantage to the behemoth, like automatic spotting within a radius of the vehicle
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The behemoth is like every other vehicle in the game, if you go in to the battle you will get destroyed fast but if you sit back and let the gunners shoot everything you will succeed. Plus I don't think it has enough health !
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    in CQ they are completely useless, never changes a thing, just takes several of the losing teams players out of action to basically sit in a big useless behemoth
  • luke3026
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm Rank 98, and have played a lot of Conquest. Exactly 2 times have I seen the team getting the Behemoth come back to win. Once it was my team, and once it was the opposite team.

And many times I've seen the Behemoth deploy when the leading team has more than 900pts already. What good is having it then, so close to the end?

It almost feels like the Behemoth is just a consolation prize to the losing team, so they can get some cheap kills to make them feel better about losing.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The armoured train:

Two versions; A six seater (Sinai) and a four seater (Amiens, Argonne, Seuz). The six seater has the driver who can use a mortar/train whistle, two cannons, two hmg turrets and an AA turret.
    The four seater has driver with mortar, one HE turret, one hmg turret and; one mortar turret yeah?

The train is a a mobile spawn point if used correctly (critical on Suez). It's a solid behemoth with the restriction of rails (obviously) and is vulnerable to AT mines, limpet charges, dynamite and Anti Armor armaments e.g. Tank Hunter Landship.

It's turrets can be destroyed but they slowly auto repair over time so it's best to take care of it before it 'rearms'.

~

The Rigid Airship:

Pilot armed with three bombs per load.
    Two HE gunners on the driver gondola, two more on the rear gondola.
    One mg placements at the front and one at rear on the top of the airship.

The engine can be disabled with restricts movement. The gondolas can be destroyed which kills any gunners in them. The gunners in the gondolas can also be targeted and killed without destroying the actual gondola. The operators of the mg placements are vulnerable. Anyone that leaves the airship with pop out on the top usually in the middle or near the turrets.

(WARNING! The airship can out of bounds like planes and be fine but if you leave the airship whilst it's out of bounds you will have ten seconds to either bail off and get back in bounds or hop on a turret that isn't occupied)

Best way to destroy the airship is to target the sections. Unless under fire from the gondola turrets target the segments of the airship. It should be around two-three AA Fire cycles (havent confirmed the amount for planes as I vary in plane usage and their equipment e.g. Mg and rockets)

It will say part destroyed 200 and a section of the airship will erupt in flame and reveal a bit of the skeleton. You'll also notice it takes a far chuck out of its health too. Unless you like pullin wings off flys don't target the engine; except if you desperately need it to stop (e.g. About to bomb you/last AA placement).

Engine and gondolas auto repair overtime once disabled.

One sortie from the pilot is enough to destroy a tank or take out an AA placements

~
    The Dreadnought:

Four seats; I literally have never operated the Captains seat so I'll leave that to someone who has.
    One AA turret that has full 360° area of operation.
    Two cannon turrets.

AA postion's job is to eliminate any and all air threats and take out any torpedeo boats that attack the Iron Duke. Do not shoot the shore; you are out of range and even if your captain beaches it, target the boats and aircraft first.
    You can shoot through the boat so don't worry about losing a boat because you can't see it; make sure you keep them spotted to ensure you can't lose them. You have fairly significant range against the boats; they would be hard pressed to outrun your range. Keep at them.

Leaving the Dreadnought sends you back to the spawn menu. I have no idea if it credits you a death or not or it is just 'teleporting' you back to the battle.

~

Good operators will make the behemoth flourish and cause an impact even to the point of turning the game around whilst bad operators just waste your assests and cost you the game further.

Competency from both teams is critical for success with and against a behemoth.
  • Zeagles21
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it all comes down to the PILOT, BOAT CAPTAIN, and TRAIN ENGINEER....if they know what they are doing, they can easily turn the tides of the game.....
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    The boats seem the most worthless. they move so slow and are usually toast before you can even see them.
    They should just pop in extra tank/plane spawns for the losing team to play catch up with instead of those big stupid things. I'll do my part to damage or take down Zeppelins, but I rarely board one. Same with trains. I completely ignore the floating ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    The armoured train:

Two versions; A six seater (Sinai) and a four seater (Amiens, Argonne, Seuz). The six seater has the driver who can use a mortar/train whistle, two cannons, two hmg turrets and an AA turret.
    The four seater has driver with mortar, one HE turret, one hmg turret and; one mortar turret yeah?

The train is a a mobile spawn point if used correctly (critical on Suez). It's a solid behemoth with the restriction of rails (obviously) and is vulnerable to AT mines, limpet charges, dynamite and Anti Armor armaments e.g. Tank Hunter Landship.

It's turrets can be destroyed but they slowly auto repair over time so it's best to take care of it before it 'rearms'.

~

The Rigid Airship:

Pilot armed with three bombs per load.
    Two HE gunners on the driver gondola, two more on the rear gondola.
    One mg placements at the front and one at rear on the top of the airship.

The engine can be disabled with restricts movement. The gondolas can be destroyed which kills any gunners in them. The gunners in the gondolas can also be targeted and killed without destroying the actual gondola. The operators of the mg placements are vulnerable. Anyone that leaves the airship with pop out on the top usually in the middle or near the turrets.

(WARNING! The airship can out of bounds like planes and be fine but if you leave the airship whilst it's out of bounds you will have ten seconds to either bail off and get back in bounds or hop on a turret that isn't occupied)

Best way to destroy the airship is to target the sections. Unless under fire from the gondola turrets target the segments of the airship. It should be around two-three AA Fire cycles (havent confirmed the amount for planes as I vary in plane usage and their equipment e.g. Mg and rockets)

It will say part destroyed 200 and a section of the airship will erupt in flame and reveal a bit of the skeleton. You'll also notice it takes a far chuck out of its health too. Unless you like pullin wings off flys don't target the engine; except if you desperately need it to stop (e.g. About to bomb you/last AA placement).

Engine and gondolas auto repair overtime once disabled.

One sortie from the pilot is enough to destroy a tank or take out an AA placements

~
    The Dreadnought:

Four seats; I literally have never operated the Captains seat so I'll leave that to someone who has.
    One AA turret that has full 360° area of operation.
    Two cannon turrets.

AA postion's job is to eliminate any and all air threats and take out any torpedeo boats that attack the Iron Duke. Do not shoot the shore; you are out of range and even if your captain beaches it, target the boats and aircraft first.
    You can shoot through the boat so don't worry about losing a boat because you can't see it; make sure you keep them spotted to ensure you can't lose them. You have fairly significant range against the boats; they would be hard pressed to outrun your range. Keep at them.

Leaving the Dreadnought sends you back to the spawn menu. I have no idea if it credits you a death or not or it is just 'teleporting' you back to the battle.

~

Good operators will make the behemoth flourish and cause an impact even to the point of turning the game around whilst bad operators just waste your assests and cost you the game further.

Competency from both teams is critical for success with and against a behemoth.

To be honest, I had no idea there was a 4th seat in the dreadnought. I have literally never played a match in which anything other than 2 AA seats were open. Which actually makes it even more frustrating that there never seems to be a driver/captain who is able to position it well enough to impact the game.
  • jasoncaric
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I play alot of operations and i notice if you let the other team just have the behemoth/train/dread and dont try to destroy it, most of the time noobs "control" it and dont use it properly, which takes out 6 or 7 players who arent having an affect on the game. Its hard not to try to destroy them because thats the who,e point as defenders.
  • Broliszibaila
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths cant make players to play better if they played whole match bad...
  • t_dizZe
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    according to my experience it doesnt worth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I've played more than 200 games so far and the train/behemoth could change the result of the match only ONCE . Basically it just gets destroyed in 2 minutes and thats it
  • MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Depends on the behemoth.
    The air ship and the dreadnought are 100% thrash, and they not going to change anything. The train sometimes can.

Also dice changed how behemoths spawn on the conquest with one of the patches, and now it requires bigger score difference to get it, making them even less game changing.
  • grazthespaz
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Blimp is a waste of space think ive succesfully killed one person from the gondolas however with my LMG on the ground I can kill them with ease
  • Charly0871
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not the behemoths. It's the lack of decent pilots and common sense. I've seen those vehicles turn the tide with the proper conditions and teammates. Sadly it's not often. When only a squad is PTFO while the rest of the team is doing nothing, not even a train, a blimp and a dreadnought on the same map at the same time will change things around.
  • MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well the train have heavy aoe trough mortal which is devastating again structures in that sand map.
    But the bimp have nothing. You can fire with very inaccurate and low damaging machine guns that overheats quickly?
    Dreadnought are limited to the water, so most of the map will be safe from it,(most of time I don't even see or take any dmg from during whole game), how would it change anything? lol even small boats pown it omg...
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Level 78 and I haven't see a behemoth turn the tide since that one time in beta. They just give the winning teams something else to do since they have all the flags and most of losing team has dropped or is driving.

Someone posted here yesterday about locking the seats by first offering them to the players with the highest scores. I thought that was a good idea.

Personally I'd just like to see them gone though, and tweak team balancing to where it actually works. No one deserves a gimme for losing and they don't help at any rate.
  • Sed1Tion
    341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So your team is losing and you get a Behemoth.

Most of the time the Behemoth is completely ineffective and makes the the situation even worse. The other team takes more flags than before and the win faster.

I have seen the Char 2C turn the tide of a game but all of the other Behemoths generally fail to have any impact other than negative.

You immediately lose 5 or 6 infantry players into the Behemoth. Normally a very low level player is at the helm and stays in spawn or runs from a fight. So you are now left with a 32 vs 26 player match. One player can have a large negative effect on its usefulness.

Behemoths are a failed concept.

Sentry kits are so much more effective and dont rely on the chance of just one player not being "not very good".

Yes I am Necroing an old thread but its still a relevant issue that hasnt been addressed.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Necro from the back of the map.