New Details For The French DLC (maps, behemoth, elite class)

Comments

• Vicb0u
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Ugh, this thread makes me tired. Because of how everyone complains as soon as Dice decides to show something off, they'll back off and nerf the s*** out of everything before it's even released. They did it to the crossbow thanks to posts like this, and now they'll do the same to the elite class. It's just an elite class, wait and see before whining about grenade spam, seriously.

Obviously, there will be 5 new weapons, because Dice has alredy confirmed that for every DLC, so stop with your "no new weapons??!?!?!!!11!!one11?!1?!!".

To the guy who said "March 22nd for premium" please provide a source with proof of that, because it wouldn't make sense since 22 + 14 equals April, and the DLC is set to be released in March, premium or not.
  • _BobcatYEEEAHHHH
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SvenEcc wrote: »
    Fort Vaux sounds like my type of game map
    Upfront and personal

You mean metro/lockers 2.0?
  • puiuz03
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know if I understand well, the players that have premium will have access with 2 weeks earlier, so this DLC will be free?
  • kekcroc
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    puiuz03 wrote: »
    I don't know if I understand well, the players that have premium will have access with 2 weeks earlier, so this DLC will be free?

Premium pays for everything ahead of time, along with other benefits

none premium players will have to pay the dosh for this DLC, but get the luxury of seeing whether this DLC and future ones are actually worth the additional 60 bucks without paying for them all first
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More context

220px-On_Ne_Passe_Pas_1918.jpg
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Two operations have been confirmed

I'd say Verdun Heights > Fort Vaux
    And
    Soissen > Rupture

Makes sense.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    as someone who generally gets very irritated with camping tanks and vehicles, adding a tank behemoth and another standard tank is concerning. if the tank behemoth has full reign of where to position itself on the map, i fear that some maps will become extremely frustrating to play on. i'm really hoping that DICE is going to address the lack of long-range tank fighting gadgets in a patch or dlc.

Making more/better long-range tank-fighting tools is one way of going about it. But another is to just make tanks less accurate.

I think it's obvious that DICE didn't want something called a "heavy breakthrough" tank sitting on a hill and sniping, but they gave it a pinpoint accurate gun and self-repair. So kill-farming from a hill is super tempting.

Give the main guns a bit of random spread and tanks simply won't be able to snipe. Yet their performance at close/medium range will be completely unaffected.
  • Kaabob42
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This DLC Release cycle may be the death of the game on PC.. Stretching out a title until your next blockbuster is kinda uncool. Plus with all this extra time we have to wait you'd expect a complete and polished/finished product, but I guarantee you the game still will be in BETA condition.
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Vicb0u wrote: »
    To the guy who said "March 22nd for premium" please provide a source with proof of that, because it wouldn't make sense since 22 + 14 equals April, and the DLC is set to be released in March, premium or not.
    I have no idea about this guy's source or whether the date is accurate, but I will add that this kind of model of an early, two-week release in one month for premium (season pass) holders while the actual full release doesn't happen officially until the next month (and thus in a different month than the dlc's were announced to be released) is exactly how the Star Wars: Battlefront DLC's worked. And many of the same team from that game are now working on this game, including one of the devs who did all DLC's map design for SWBF who is doing DLC's for this game.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Creasie wrote: »
    Fort Vaux looks to be the next Metro/Locker. Get your grenades ready lads.

Metro/Locker with gas grenades. Must be awesome. :(

The walls are green and wavering.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This community never ceases to confound me; crying about lack of content and wanting more stuff and maps. We have infomation about the upcoming dlc, "meh don't care I want to throw my tantrum or open the thousandth thread on the same bloody topic"

O-o
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This community never ceases to confound me; crying about lack of content and wanting more stuff and maps. We have infomation about the upcoming dlc...

No info about a progression system, unlocks, a performance based ranking system. Looks like the same old game play.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TerraTubes wrote: »
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    Don't understand how people can say they're looking forward to the new maps. You have to play them to determine if they're good. Look how DICE pimped Giant's Shadow with cool video and in reality it was basically a POS map.

What kind of logic is that? i looked forward to the release of bf1 when i never actually played the game. Why cant people look forward to new content?

Ignore that guy. He's one of those gamers that can't be pleased
  • crabman169
    TerraTubes wrote: »
    Don't understand how people can say they're looking forward to the new maps. You have to play them to determine if they're good. Look how DICE pimped Giant's Shadow with cool video and in reality it was basically a POS map.

What kind of logic is that? i looked forward to the release of bf1 when i never actually played the game. Why cant people look forward to new content?

This.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11561 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This community never ceases to confound me; crying about lack of content and wanting more stuff and maps. We have infomation about the upcoming dlc...

No info about a progression system, unlocks, a performance based ranking system. Looks like the same old game play.

Indicates that he is done with BF1, visits the forum often, continues to play and complains frequently. Looks like the same old SHIGGLES.
  • KYUSS_QOTSA
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KINDA lazy job in the new map Soissons. i mean just look at it i looks like st quentin scar 2.0. is it just me or is the the skybox is the same too? its the sam lightning and setup basically they just moved houses here there. Lazy DICE at it again. theres too much break between the game release and the first DLC, they re on pressure again and they doing lazy jobs. ALSO fix the fkin plane crash animations for god sake. it looks damn stupid when the plane hits the ground and just sits there. i mean wtf dice
  • NEGAHN
    213 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I praise the lords everyday for them to remove the auto-repair from tanks. Planes are ok.
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    I praise the lords everyday for them to remove the auto-repair from tanks. Planes are ok.

I praise the lords everyday to keep it in the game, I guess it cancels eachother out.
  • Lykosia
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Creasie wrote: »
    Fort Vaux looks to be the next Metro/Locker. Get your grenades ready lads.

Metro/Locker with gas grenades. Must be awesome. :(

The walls are green and wavering.

I've always loved RNG in my shooters.