Can we get an official response from dice?

Comments

• MonkishOnion
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let's say you hold 3 and the enemy 2 flags.

Let's say the ticket counts up every second.

So for every second you will get 3 points, the enemy 2.

But now kills also count, so for every respawn on your team, the enemy gets a point.

This is why sometimes struggling to take flags causes the enemy to gain more tickets, your team is dying more attacking.

If your team has a significant lead and is killing more, sometimes it is preferable to just defend, even with less flags, and let the enemy die trying to capture another flag.
  • Braddock512
    1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @BFBulletin Ask them about South African server roll out ETA (asap is not an answer) since they (striterax and brad) ignore us on twitter and forums. Maybe they will answer a non South African.
    1. As soon as possible IS an answer, because we don't have an exact date set as it's still being worked on. As soon as it DOES go live, we will make sure to share the exciting news as loudly as possible.
    2. Stay on topic.
    3. "Maybe they will answer a non South African." I've seen Striterax respond, as below, 14 hours ago. To assume such a thing is ridiculous and not welcome on these forums.

The teams are working diligently to launch the servers and improve the experience for our gamers in that region.

-Braddock512-
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They had it right in the BETA.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why was the ticket system changed in the first place?
  • MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    REMOVED
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

MAADDEE wrote: »
    REMOVED

I leave the thread for a couple hours and I miss a banning? Man...
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    anzac1915 wrote: »
    @ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    Why was the ticket system changed in the first place?
    Dice changed Conquest this way because they said no one really understood how the old way worked, they said this is better and everyone would understand.

Lol

No one understood how the old system worked?

Not even the devs know exactly how the new system works from what I'm reading here.
  • DingoKillr
    4350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ticket bleed in Conquest has always been about capturing more points and holding them.
    With BF1, the points count up, instead of down - like in BF4.
    There was an update a during the Beta that included kills in the ticket bleed/scoring.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-learned

If you're looking for capture bleed per second, kills vs capture bleed rate - I don't have that info... yet.

-Braddock512-

Thanks for the response. I was aware of the change during the beta.

Yes I am looking for capture bleed per second, kills vs capture bleed rate details.

@CaptainSmooth69 Someone on Reddit posted a interesting analysis of this very thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/4ypsof/the_new_conquest_and_domination_scoring_system/

In short, holding all 7 flags gets you a point a second. Every flag the enemy holds increases that time by 1.5 seconds so that if you only hold 1 flag, it takes 10 seconds to get a single point.

Those numbers change a bit if the number of flags on a map is reduced.

I have acatully read that post and is the best attempt to describe the system I've seen so far. But as stated by the OP it's still speculation and does not take in account what the factor for kills does to the scoring.
    That is because it was the ticket system in beta which had no kill count.

I don't know if it kills or deaths, or the impact on the ticket.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ticket bleed in Conquest has always been about capturing more points and holding them.
    With BF1, the points count up, instead of down - like in BF4.
    There was an update a during the Beta that included kills in the ticket bleed/scoring.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-learned

If you're looking for capture bleed per second, kills vs capture bleed rate - I don't have that info... yet.

-Braddock512-

@braddock I think to understand the game. I think the rules should be clear, shouldn't it?
    Personalising the experience for you? Please do go to some devs. And for the love of god let them be clear and open about their gamerules. Because me and my friends we are smart and figure certain gamerules out wich isn't fair...the matchmaking, the fog, the vehicle spawns.

I will not stop adressing this and wake up this sleeping community.

Tata Snav <3
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Still hoping for a dev response on this matter. I hope others will help keep this thread bumped.
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    An official statement would be fine. It's not like every flag gives points, it's more complicated.
    Until then, you might wanna read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/4ypsof/the_new_conquest_and_domination_scoring_system/
    According to this, the percentage of flags held by each team results in score gain per second.
    It might be outdated concerning the actual numbers, but I find it to match the current ingame experience.
    No clue about that TeamDiffThresh tho, I assume it can slightly change the calculation depending on which team is doing better.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    +1 to knowing all the games modes rules
  • No_Other_xD
    499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gives me hope see that a EA employee answers in needed, hope the CM were more active in the forum with the community...there soooooo many questions and almost no answers in the forum
  • DingoKillr
    4350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    An official statement would be fine. It's not like every flag gives points, it's more complicated.
    Until then, you might wanna read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/4ypsof/the_new_conquest_and_domination_scoring_system/
    According to this, the percentage of flags held by each team results in score gain per second.
    It might be outdated concerning the actual numbers, but I find it to match the current ingame experience.
    No clue about that TeamDiffThresh tho, I assume it can slightly change the calculation depending on which team is doing better.
    That is the Beta ticket, it does not mean include ticket for kills.
  • captinsmooth

Seen this already as well. Would still like an official response. Please keep this thread going.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The scoring system shouldn't be complicated surely. On say a 5 flag map it should either be something for a given time interval you get a number of points relative to the number of flags you hold - eg A = 3 v B = 2; team A gets 3 points, team B gets 2, or the number of flags you hold corresponds with the time taken to get a point - eg 3-2; team A gets a point every 2 secs, team B every 3 secs. Throw in a point for every opposing team respawn and Bob's your uncle. A simple scoring system. There shouldn't be any other variables. If there is then this leads me to think there is handicapping involved or other ways to artificially narrow the gap in the scores. I've noticed a few odd end of round scores. Mostly when i've been on the losing side and losing fairly comfortably (at a late stage of the round) with the enemy team needing 10 or so more tickets and my team 50/60 or so behind and maybe holding 1 more flag, only to end the game 1000-998.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I always wondered what the squad spawn means. Can someone help me on this . What does it count for? Less ticket bleed if spawn on sqaud?
  • DavTan
    857 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find it both hilarious and sad that they changed a scoring system for their premier mode, from a system everyone understood and that could be used in a strategic way..... Eg. Stopping the bleed
    To a system that no one was asking for, and no one fully understands except a few devs and that counts undramaticly up in a way that is counter to excitement.

You count down for drama dice, not up.... No one ever launched a rocket etc by counting up to ten!

I hope they get rid of this horrible new system for the next bf.... And bring back the classic cq system