Hit Detection

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    mischkag wrote: »
    Well it was actually possible to go much further than 300ms. If server side hit detection works out, this safely behind cover would work out pretty well as the shot cannot go thru cover where u in fact are already on the server. So fingers crossed this works out... Right now the setting is about the same.

Wouldn't that mean, that if a guy with 500ms ping. Is running around a corner in to cover, while being shot at by someone with a low ping. The damage gets rejected, since he may already be behind cover?

Or is he going to receive the damage behind cover?

I guess it means the later. If so, that sounds kind of good.

What about the guys with package loss and fluctuating ping?

Any idea of why the server performance feels really bad when SrvTick goes above 16-18ms?

Is there anything you can implement to keep the SrvTick under 10-15ms?
    Thats when the game seems to feel the most responsive.
    But When the Bull s..it starts, the SrvTick is usually in the 16-18ms region.

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer the questions, and give information on this part of the game.

Since the high pinger hasn't reported his location he would be hit around cover. I've been able to replace this both in BF 4 and 1.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    What server center are you usually playing at? Well the server tick is a tricky one. I have seen times where it peaks for a while and goes back. I am looking into this atm. However, we definitely have to make sure to not overload the boxes with too many instances.
    Of course it means that the one playing with the low ping will not have to lead his shot and hit whatever is on his machine. I am providing quite some margins now to ensure it does not get rejected by the server if it is a fluctuating player you are trying to hit.
    It is all meant to make it harder for high pingers (and high meaning 100+ although there is a transitional period so that it is not all client or all server). As mentioned before, players with significant packet loss suffer a lot when playing the game.

That would be Irish or dutch server centers. Mainly between 21:00-23:00 Swedish time.

The strange thing, is that the east us servers doesn't seem to be as bad. On the same time that is.

Maybe its some connection with oor players?

See many USA guys complain about the east us servers.
    But I almost never see high SrvTick values on those servers. And they seem to perform alot smother then the European servers.

Can it be an issue of time difference?
    And what parts of the world that are awake and playing?
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can you please hurry up with al the promises please. European servers mights as well placed in the Middle East. Its only UAE KSA IRAK IRAN Q8 Qatar etc etc. as soon as the KSA aboods hamoodis etc etc join the server goes haywire. I paid top dollar too and invested in good internet so i shouldnt be punished. Good day:)
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you please hurry up with al the promises please. European servers mights as well placed in the Middle East. Its only UAE KSA IRAK IRAN Q8 Qatar etc etc. as soon as the KSA aboods hamoodis etc etc join the server goes haywire. I paid top dollar too and invested in good internet so i shouldnt be punished. Good day:)

Please stop, your nonsense is not helping.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I would like to ad that this statement sounds bad!
    But it really isn't!!!
    Its the truth right now.
    It may sound bad.
    But its a real issue, and it have to be brought in to the light!

Do a server search for Europe.
    Half the servers are KSA. Iraq. Saud. Q8.
    So why the h..ell is all the official European servers half full of guys from that part of the world!?
    And why do the servers perform so incredibly bad when those players are playing on them?

It feels like the only chance to play the game and have a somewhat nice experience. Is to join the east USA servers!
  • VBALL_MVP

I would like to ad that this statement sounds bad!
    But it really isn't!!!
    Its the truth right now.
    It may sound bad.
    But its a real issue, and it have to be brought in to the light!

Do a server search for Europe.
    Half the servers are KSA. Iraq. Saud. Q8.
    So why the h..ell is all the official European servers half full of guys from that part of the world!?
    And why do the servers perform so incredibly bad when those players are playing on them?

It feels like the only chance to play the game and have a somewhat nice experience. Is to join the east USA servers!

Yet many complain that east is overrun by oor, yet no srvtick issues like what you claim so it wouldn't be oor causing the issue.

There are issues, but looking at a player's profile and making a conclusion from that is misleading.
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PSN profiles should include the nearest region or country a user is playing from.
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

your denial isnt helping either. i posted numerous screenshots of european servers and the players in them but they got deleted.

Its the same as BF3. noshar canals. KSA everywere and the game runs like crap.
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

your denial isnt helping either. i posted numerous screenshots of european servers and the players in them but they got deleted.

Same as US East...South American profilles everywhere, game runs like crap...
  • lizzard
    FlopTrain wrote: »

What times do they appear on those servers?
    Its really rare that I see anyone of them if I play on a east US.
    I guess its morning or noon in East us. When I usually go online.

Check the netgraph for SrvTick values. And compare if its higher when you see the oor flooding.

@VBALL_MVP @mischkag have already said that fluctuating ping is one of the things that "degrades" a server.

As i see it.
    The chance of players having an unstable ping. Is higher if that player shares Internet with an entire household!
    Or is using some form of strange 2/3/4g cellphone router/modem!

Or is it only the "package loss" thing your going to continue to argue on?

Or is your opinion still, that the guys developing the "netcode" is the cause of the issues?

You said earlier that "the netcode guy contradicted him self, and couldn't be taken seriously"

Maybe he can set you straight this time, so we can focus on providing information that solves the issues.. Instead of denying one side of something that can be a issue, just to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ people of.

Now that engineer is communicating with us!
    And the majority of us are really happy about that!

• Immortal_0neShot
    Some people here without mentioning names. Shoe does fit claimed for over 2 years in the bf4 thread high ping didnt matter and it was all our internet. Dice fixed the lag and high ping didnt matter because high pingers got hits rejected which they didnt. Vids enough. Funny that when i see those people here now they contradicts themselves. Just pure entertainment. Is there btw an eta when middle east will get their own servers so maybe we can play a decent game on a euro server??
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited January 2017

And my game tag says Mad Bosnian...Doesn't mean I am in Bosnia.

Check the netgraph for SrvTick values. And compare if its higher when you see the oor flooding.

@VBALL_MVP @mischkag have already said that fluctuating ping is one of the things that "degrades" a server.

As i see it.
    The chance of players having an unstable ping. Is higher if that player shares Internet with an entire household!

Or is your opinion still, that the guys developing the "netcode" is the cause of the issues?

You said earlier that "the netcode guy contradicted him self, and couldn't be taken seriously"

Maybe he can set you straight this time, so we can focus on providing information that solves the issues.. Instead of denying one side of something that can be a issue, just to **** people of.

Couple of things here, packetloss does not mean OOR. Variable ping doesn't mean OOR. High latency doesn't mean OOR.

Yes I still believe a lot of this is due to poor coding since I have exhibited issues with playing against my own teammates which I brought up before. DICE themselves have talked about fixing hit registration plus we know there are issues with melee (shown a vid to you that prooves it's not a lag thing), and hit boxes not being accurate when vaulting. None of this even addresses the many misrepresentations of peoole claiming lag when its clearly not. You have coding that is not stable, how can you definitively say OOR is a plague when there are bugs that still need to be addressed?

You made a statement that the high SrvTick values in your region may be due to OOR. Well many keep accusing US East servers are infested with OOR yet the SrvTick is not getting out of hand. So that eliminates that idea doesn't it?
  • Immortal_0neShot
    edited January 2017
    Lol that logic. So every hamoodi or abood_ksa is just trolling. Have their psn profiles in arabic just for fun. Ok that is one way to look at it. Ps. Im not really Immortal.

I dare you. Start up bf3. Select Europe and noshcanals. See al the asmin names. See the server banners. Its all arabic. But all trolls right? See for yourself. I made screenshots but got banned for it because it was naming and shaming. Didnt know a server was a person. Guess sometimes truth stings a little. I believe even your buddy king tolapsium said something about ksa on noshar canals. Maybe if he repeats it you will take his word over mine.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited January 2017
    Lol that logic. So every hamoodi or abood_ksa is just trolling. Have their psn profiles in arabic just for fun. Ok that is one way to look at it. Ps. Im not really Immortal.

I dare you. Start up bf3. Select Europe and noshcanals. See al the asmin names. See the server banners. Its all arabic. But all trolls right? See for yourself. I made screenshots but got banned for it because it was naming and shaming. Didnt know a server was a person. Guess sometimes truth stings a little. I believe even your buddy king tolapsium said something about ksa on noshar canals. Maybe if he repeats it you will take his word over mine.

It has nothing to do with trolling, what is wrong with you sometimes? My nationally is Bosnian, my nick name is Mad Bosnian, that's why I choose the screenname. Just because I live in the US doesn't mean I have to identify myself as American. I have a neighbor who is Puerto Rican, his SN has a PR in front....Doesn't mean he is there right now playing. That is a very narrow minded throught process...but then again you have made the statement that many from Afghanistan are playing as well.

Go to Switzerland, there you will see people in Basil talking German, people in Delamonte (sp?), speaking only French.....yet they are Swiss. You can't judge a person's location by language and Screennames.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Maybe you can stop the petty arguing. Maybe? Probably not, but I'm going to try and calmly address your opinion.

Who cares about the semantics of the situation? Not me. At all.

I've been very clear with WHAT I PERCEIVE TO BE THE ISSUES, I have no proof that high ping is doing anything but causing extrapolation issues and damage desync around corners. For some reason your assumptions pass as fact for you, that's a personal problem.

If I remember right, European servers were the local servers in bf3 for middle east players. So stop ragging on those just trying to play the game they purchased. :no_mouth:

It's a global world, people move all over, and they don't climatize their names simply because they moved to an English speaking country. So let's stop crying OOR based only on name.

If anything you should be asking for scoreboard ping so you can actually call out high ping correctly, instead of being full of rage based on ASSUMPTIONS.

I've been reporting real issues, with proof. Hearsay and calling OOR (like the little boy who cried wolf) really doesn't help us get to any sort of solution.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited January 2017
    This is a good example of what I mean there are coding issues to be address first. I suggest you watchoose @4:50 and pay attention to @6:52 where someone posts a comment, again lag, nope just bad coding. Also @6:56, invisibility glitch...but on his screen and to many he is visible...again not lag bad coding.

• lizzard

As i see it.

Maybe he can set you straight this time, so we can focus on providing information that solves the issues.. Instead of denying one side of something that can be a issue, just to **** people of.

Couple of things here, packetloss does not mean OOR. Variable ping doesn't mean OOR. High latency doesn't mean OOR.

Yes I still believe a lot of this is due to poor coding since I have exhibited issues with playing against my own teammates which I brought up before. DICE themselves have talked about fixing hit registration plus we know there are issues with melee (shown a vid to you that prooves it's not a lag thing), and hit boxes not being accurate when vaulting. None of this even addresses the many misrepresentations of peoole claiming lag when its clearly not. You have coding that is not stable, how can you definitively say OOR is a plague when there are bugs that still need to be addressed?

You made a statement that the high SrvTick values in your region may be due to OOR. Well many keep accusing US East servers are infested with OOR yet the SrvTick is not getting out of hand. So that eliminates that idea doesn't it?

When you played against your buddies.
    Was it only you on the server?

Did everyone provide proof of there connection quality?

Was it in bf1?

Can you prove that the melee rejection bug, or the hittdetektion. Doesn't get worse by highping, fluctuating ping, or package loss?

I see some strange things when playing against my friends to.
    But that is not even close to as many wtf moments, as when up against a serten group of players..

So now you say that the SrvTick numbers is stable and everything is fine?
    When that's something you have complained about in several thread's!.....?

Me and my friends usually play at 21:00.
    SrvTick values goes above 18-25ms about 80% of the time. And the game runs really bad! Especially for the guys that have a bit faster phase / More run and gun style.

Joining a east US server, at that time. The SrvTick is not nearly as high. And half of the server is not full of players with KSA, q8, Saudi, etc in there player names...

Can you prove that there is not even the slightest chance. That oor players have a negative impact on the server or the gameplay?

Can you prove that the oor players that join a European server. Have a more stable connection then the European players on that server!?

This is what makes me skeptical. IL explain once again!

If 12 of my friends play on a European tdm server against each other.
    Everyone have fiber connection with no package loss, and a good stable ping.

We laugh and see some strange things.. Kind of a Hitt behind cover.. A grafical glitch.. Etc.
    But we can still predict how is going to have a good round and a good kd based of how that guy usually plays.

Then a bunch of oor players join.
    New matchmaking and a new game.
    And suddenly we see 100% more bul...hit!

Every one starts to rage about people not dying.
    Being killed before players are visible.
    Dying behind cover.
    Player animations that doesn't represent whats happening.

The rounds becomes totaly unpredictable!

What conclusion are we going to draw from this experience!?
  • Immortal_0neShot
    edited January 2017
    Ive been asking for ping in scoreboard since bfbc. Oor and high pingers out or in region are the cancer of online gaming. Ping is everything for. Fix that first and grass physics or better trees later. Ipaid money too so i deserve a good experience too. And not pubishment for having a good connectiob. Its 2017 not 2000. I dont blame africans or arabs for joining euro servers. I blame dice and ea for being cheap and offering them the poorest support for the game which affects me as well because they join in my region.

And when they finally get their servers they will be empty because they rented euro servers and will be carried by lagcompensation but i guess its a disadvantsge being a bulletsponge and making kills with over 300ms ping.

Ps How can i join the upvote fan club?
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

As i see it.

When you played against your buddies.
    Was it only you on the server?

Did everyone provide proof of there connection quality?

Was it in bf1?

Can you prove that the melee rejection bug, or the hittdetektion. Doesn't get worse by highping, fluctuating ping, or package loss?

I see some strange things when playing against my friends to.
    But that is not even close to as many wtf moments, as when up against a serten group of players..

So now you say that the SrvTick numbers is stable and everything is fine?
    When that's something you have complained about in several thread's!.....?

Me and my friends usually play at 21:00.
    SrvTick values goes above 18-25ms about 80% of the time. And the game runs really bad! Especially for the guys that have a bit faster phase / More run and gun style.

Joining a east US server, at that time. The SrvTick is not nearly as high. And half of the server is not full of players with KSA, q8, Saudi, etc in there player names...

Can you prove that there is not even the slightest chance. That oor players have a negative impact on the server or the gameplay?

Can you prove that the oor players that join a European server. Have a more stable connection then the European players on that server!?

This is what makes me skeptical. IL explain once again!

If 12 of my friends play on a European tdm server against each other.
    Everyone have fiber connection with no package loss, and a good stable ping.

We laugh and see some strange things.. Kind of a Hitt behind cover.. A grafical glitch.. Etc.
    But we can still predict how is going to have a good round and a good kd based of how that guy usually plays.

Then a bunch of oor players join.
    New matchmaking and a new game.
    And suddenly we see 100% more bul...hit!

Every one starts to rage about people not dying.
    Being killed before players are visible.
    Dying behind cover.
    Player animations that doesn't represent whats happening.

The rounds becomes totaly unpredictable!

What conclusion are we going to draw from this experience!?

Battlenonsense and Dice both tried to replicate server failing with high ping in bf4, they couldn't trigger the performance issues, makes me think it's something else.

Try using a WiFi connection with a cellphone loading YouTube on the same network, it will cause some significant fluctuation on any standard router provided by an isp. Try playing, it makes things incredibly inconsistent, all with a low ping.

This variation and packet loss stresses the server and client extrapolation, we can see this through the extrapolation bug (parallel existence) and the extrapolation offset raising to compensate for variance.

I would guess what you are describing is high ping issues being more noticeable during instances of poor performance, that is not to say the high ping is directly causing those issues.

I will cite playing with a lower tick in domination and having little issue with OOR (other than the expected desync and extrapolation issues), as my reason for believing this.

@Immortal_0neShot

You would have to communicate like an adult to recieve an upvote from me.
  • Immortal_0neShot
    ^ no problem. I know im not in the kneepad platoon. Talk "adult" or mature all you want. Fact is your opinion is just an....... opinion.

Fact is. The lower the ping the better an onlinr game will run.