This Week in Battlefield V

New quit button doesn't work

2»

Comments

• ATXHAWKEYE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is quickly becoming Battlefield's "Quitgate"—seriously, 1.) I'm utterly confused as to why the Quit button wasn't properly implemented from the start (is their rationale that we'll be so enthralled we'll never want nor need to quit? Particularly when some of the game modes require a nearly 30-minute commitment from start to finish. 2.) When the community voiced their collective grievances about the issue and they had the opportunity to correct it, they totally blew it. Come to think of it, it was actually better BEFORE when it disappeared, because at least your XBOX didn't completely freeze for 5–10 minutes. Nice try, EA/DICE; we've all had a laugh, can we please get this fixed for good and all?
  • ATXHAWKEYE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just thought I'd come back on here to rant about how annoyed I am with this lingering ridiculous issue. This is bull****, I have to kill the game every SINGLE TIME I WANT TO LEAVE A SERVER. WTF?! Not only that, I was timing the freeze (it was going on 7 minutes of a blurry frozen screen) and all of a sudden it said my Squad Boost expired. So that means while I sat there waiting to finally leave the server, it zapped the remaining time of my Squad Boost. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. This is literally the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a video game, what, the EFF? $60+ for this broken ****? Leave all the rest of the issues, I'm fine, I love the game, but for God's sake fix the Quit issue, please.
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    ATXHAWKEYE wrote: »
    Just thought I'd come back on here to rant about how annoyed I am with this lingering ridiculous issue. This is bull****, I have to kill the game every SINGLE TIME I WANT TO LEAVE A SERVER. WTF?! Not only that, I was timing the freeze (it was going on 7 minutes of a blurry frozen screen) and all of a sudden it said my Squad Boost expired. So that means while I sat there waiting to finally leave the server, it zapped the remaining time of my Squad Boost. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. This is literally the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a video game, what, the EFF? $60+ for this broken ****? Leave all the rest of the issues, I'm fine, I love the game, but for God's sake fix the Quit issue, please.

That's because when you hit quit, you're really just carried over into the next game BUT without the ability to see or do anything other than watch the black screen and a spinner. Your team mates just see you as not spawning in and eventually the server kicks you for being idle. Which is why it counted that time as active and using your xp boost. It just stole your boost, and lowered your spm and maybe added to a quit stat if they were keeping track of that. It's very bad.
  • bf234
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Quit does not work at all, the game returns to the main screen when the server kicks you out for inactivity. Very very annoying!

I basically always end up quitting BF1 by killing it from the taskmanager (on PC). This makes the game appear very amateurish. How hard can quitting be?

And why not add a "Quit to desktop" button? Good games have this! I almost never want to go and start another game, I want to end the game and do something else.

In a good game which you use often quitting is one of the tasks you perform most (much more than adjust options etc.), and making this easy is the sign of a good game designer who understands the users. This is currently the exact opposite of BF1
  • shadycheeba
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sometimes it's faster to dashboard out and restart game....