GTX 970 FPS drops to 55 - Is it normal?

CutForNipzZz
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I was playing on 64p hainan resort, I'd say it was mid game so stuff was kind of revolving around C if I looked in the direction of C from the objective near where the concrete steps are where boats spawn I think I was getting anywhere from 56 - 70 FPS. For my specs would you consider this normal? its just I've seen people on youtube with similar setups reaching 80 - 100 FPS everywhere on this map....?

FYI - I have no background apps running and the Nividia control panel has been toyyed around with aswell to try and achieve the best performance results, the only thing in the background is Windows media player for music. My temperatures are also fine as my GPU and CPU don't even crack 60 and my motherboard is at around 40 - 45 and so is my ram.

Specs :
i5 6500 @ 3.2Ghz (fluctuates between 3.2Ghz and 3.4 according to task manager)
Zotac GTX 970 Omega edition (doesnt feel very Omega right now xD)
8GB Corsair 2133Mhz ram
Asus Z170-P Motherboard
XFX 750W Psu
Windows 10 Professional X64
Nvidia driver version 376.33

Comments

• gilis90
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi,

I also have a 970 the gigabuyte G1 .

-send screenshot of ur ingame settings
    -u can try also ,click right in Origin on bf an click repair
    -be sure ur updated with drivers
  • CutForNipzZz
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Hey dude, my settings are as follows :smile:
    High on everything apart from Ultra mesh and Anti Aliasing Deferred is OFF and so is Anti Aliasing Post and Ambient Occolution. Also Resolution scale is at 100%!

EDIT!!!! : running on those settings i dont really drop to 65 FPS unless in certain situations and maps!! so these settings work good but my one question ::::

IS THIS NORMAL PERFORMANCE FOR MY RIG? :D
  • gilis90
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    no mate that is not normal u should also be between 70-120 somewhere.
    Bud the Hainan resort map can give drops like hell :-)

if all other maps work badly also than.
    - try the repair button,and check u got ur driver updated i would say maybe check also windows updates.

• -ProeliuM-LOBO
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You say your cpu fluctuates between 3,2 and 3,4?
    Unpark your cores on that cpu, it will help a bunch.
    Are many things you can do for improvement.
    You write the specs of your computor but not what screen you have and resolution and hz on it.
    If you wanna max out fps set everything ingame on video to off or low exept mesh, set that to high or ultra, remember to unpark cores
  • TrueEmissary
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ain't the cpu cores on Win 10 allready unparked by default? I guessed the uparking thing was mainly to solve problems on win 7.
    The fluctuating core frequenzy is probably caused by "Turbo boost" or something similar named in the BIOS. That's normal, if you leave this setting on.
  • -ProeliuM-LOBO
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not sure to be honest, i run a program called process lasso and the settings i use for sure make my cpu keep 4,5 all the time. Easy to check though for him if they are unparked or not