Hit Detection

Comments

• Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    no need to lock this thread, im done argueing with certain persons so its all cool. no need to lock this thread i know its confedient but rather ban me than close this thread, i really wish you could see how others here lose the respect too but get away with it everytime. I not a racist but I suggest you use the server browser and see what i mean. englisch is not my native language so maybe i come over angrier then I am:) If you wat to ban me go ahead no worries.wont lose sleep over it bit dont deny other peop[le the acces to talk to the Dev.
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    you know how many times I see or hear someone say
    I not a racist but
    and then come out with completely racist remarks?
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    What is racist about it. I only said arabs players all over euro servers. Why s that racism? Now lets stay on topic. Not in the mood discussiom with a mod who will probably ban you if he gets a reply he doesnt like. Im being discriminated for having a low ping. Guess its easier calling.me a racist then fixing the problem.
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't particularly like anything you've posted in this thread but you are still posting, so dont try to become a victim.

Do you see me say ANYTHING about you being banned? nope. Do you see me saying anything about YOU being racist? nope.

Learn to read and comprehend before putting on a tinfoil hat.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Schmo13 wrote: »

Yeah infrastructure means everything, but like your example, there are many french people on decent infrastructure as well. But even if they have a poor infrastructure they are playing in region, which ping limiters won't do anything to fix.

As I stated before, 29mil families in the US dont have what is considered the average broadband connection. Out of them, many don't even have broadband period. So going after high latency and OOR players won't resolve that. The fact is that those people skipping around can be your neighbor or it could be your network that is the problem.

It's easy that blame others, but what really takes skill is to make sure you're not that the issue.....it takes more than a couple speed tests and traces.

So what do you suggest for testing then?

Well there is not one route, you have to take it piece by piece. Like I said a speedtest amd trace is a start but first you have to choose the right speedtest server, by default it chooses the nearest one. From there if all checks out, need to move on to a line quality test and see your jitter. Then check by doing a repeatin ping to a BF server with large data. You can also examine your internal network, get off of wireless, or make sure if youre wired you don't have emi. As one stated here, make sure your router is set up and can handle all the configurations. Log the times when you have good games and bad games so you can see a pattern, and so forth.

It's not easy trust me, took me months of investigating (not to mention finally accepting that I haven't done everything to proove my side wasn't the issue) to get to the answer. But I made a choice to get to the bottom of the issue or accept my bad experience and stop complaining about something I had zero evidence on.

Once I fixed it, I was able to out the nail in the coffin by joining numerous domination games that were being rented by "supposed oors" and playing in them with Zero issues. I also review my gameplay whenever I think I was robbed, amd pretty quickly I can see that what I "saw" in the heat of the moment was easily explainible.

Jeez vball ,
    That looks like lots of work just to get a smooth experience to play a game. If I had to do these steps for every game I wouldn't be a gamer. What happened to a customer buying a game, firing it up and enjoying it without going through all of these steps . Heck shouldn't we get a manual outlining these steps when we purchase the game ?
    I'm not coming down on you man,but I just want consistent good gameplay ya know?
    Anyway, I bought a damn good router a year ago, had my isp provider here a couple of times and everything is good. I don't know what else to do. Suggestions?
  • Immortal_0neShot
    edited January 2017
    I dont like biased mods either but hey we cant have everything we want. If you dont like my posts its ok. You can choose not to read them.

On topic. There needs to be more servers and real servers. Not all the virtual crap. Better hardware is better servers combined with max ping settings. This is the start we need but still since bfbc2 we dont have.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah infrastructure means everything, but like your example, there are many french people on decent infrastructure as well. But even if they have a poor infrastructure they are playing in region, which ping limiters won't do anything to fix.

As I stated before, 29mil families in the US dont have what is considered the average broadband connection. Out of them, many don't even have broadband period. So going after high latency and OOR players won't resolve that. The fact is that those people skipping around can be your neighbor or it could be your network that is the problem.

It's easy that blame others, but what really takes skill is to make sure you're not that the issue.....it takes more than a couple speed tests and traces.

Well there is not one route, you have to take it piece by piece. Like I said a speedtest amd trace is a start but first you have to choose the right speedtest server, by default it chooses the nearest one. From there if all checks out, need to move on to a line quality test and see your jitter. Then check by doing a repeatin ping to a BF server with large data. You can also examine your internal network, get off of wireless, or make sure if youre wired you don't have emi. As one stated here, make sure your router is set up and can handle all the configurations. Log the times when you have good games and bad games so you can see a pattern, and so forth.

It's not easy trust me, took me months of investigating (not to mention finally accepting that I haven't done everything to proove my side wasn't the issue) to get to the answer. But I made a choice to get to the bottom of the issue or accept my bad experience and stop complaining about something I had zero evidence on.

Once I fixed it, I was able to out the nail in the coffin by joining numerous domination games that were being rented by "supposed oors" and playing in them with Zero issues. I also review my gameplay whenever I think I was robbed, amd pretty quickly I can see that what I "saw" in the heat of the moment was easily explainible.

Jeez vball ,
    That looks like lots of work just to get a smooth experience to play a game. If I had to do these steps for every game I wouldn't be a gamer. What happened to a customer buying a game, firing it up and enjoying it without going through all of these steps . Heck shouldn't we get a manual outlining these steps when we purchase the game ?
    I'm not coming down on you man,but I just want consistent good gameplay ya know?
    Anyway, I bought a damn good router a year ago, had my isp provider here a couple of times and everything is good. I don't know what else to do. Suggestions?

One would think the more technologically advanced our machines become, things would be easier. I know I didn't have these many issues with the 360.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

Jeez vball ,

It has nothing to do with the game, with more people going online there are more providers some cheap some not. Many have been caught doing sneaky things go google it.

In the past everything used to be set up by pros, now you see more people are doing it themselves. Hell now a days you can even install your own satellite TV....just because you can do it yourself doesn't mean that it's done right....Look at all the DYI home projects gone wrong.

The reality is that as technology becomes more availible and cost effective, more people jump on it. Amd that's the issue more people getting on faster than the providers can keep up with.

Like I said in the beginning you can try to figure out the issue or just put up with it. But don't expect others to serve it to you on a sliver platter, it's just not practical.

There are manuals and stuff online, plenty of things to look at, you won't get a manual since there are so many variables and to be honest it's not the game industies problem if one has bad internet or not. It's expected that we as buyers have the proper setup and understand that not using the default wireless channel, having cat5 next to 120volts, and other things is essential to a good experience.

If you think it's bad for us, go see the PC community...they git 10x more things to consider.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'd say the more technically advanced things become, the more finicky they can be IMO. Take cars for example. Yes they have become pretty technical in all areas, and when something doesn't work right, it could be a number of things and you need to take it to a certified technician, as opposed to 30 years ago when cars were pretty simple to fix yourself. :)
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    I'd say the more technically advanced things become, the more finicky they can be IMO. Take cars for example. Yes they have become pretty technical in all areas, and when something doesn't work right, it could be a number of things and you need to take it to a certified technician, as opposed to 30 years ago when cars were pretty simple to fix yourself. :)

Yup, no a days you can't even get to the sparkplugs anymore.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The solution is simple ping locked servers with restrictions on packet loss aswell, dice are choosing the complicated way and trying to make the game run smoothly for all connections playing together 10ms - 900ms ping on 1 server and everyone having a smooth game and it just isn't going to happen.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Back in the day, I had a 98 Ford Explorer. Whenever I had trouble starting my car, I would just take a wrench, go under the car and bang on the starter 9 or 10 times and it would work. I went under my new car, recently, and I had no idea what I was looking at.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    oJU5T1No wrote: »
    The solution is simple ping locked servers with restrictions on packet loss aswell, dice are choosing the complicated way and trying to make the game run smoothly for all connections playing together 10ms - 900ms ping on 1 server and everyone having a smooth game and it just isn't going to happen.

The solution would be a simple one if there wasn't console manufacturer's requirements and other "red tape" to deal with, as well as the ultimate factor.... $$$$.
  • Schmo13
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rather than ping lock or packet loss whatever you called it, I think the coding should be able to deal with those connections in a way that has no negative effect on the more stable connections. Simply blocking those people doesn't serve well for anyone, especially business.
  • VBALL_MVP
    Rather than ping lock or packet loss whatever you called it, I think the coding should be able to deal with those connections in a way that has no negative effect on the more stable connections. Simply blocking those people doesn't serve well for anyone, especially business.

This goes hand and hand with my original statement. Fix the bugs, get the code working smoother, upgrade the servers...take out those variables and then you can address anything else systematicly then guess and check.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I can on my jeep!
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I can on my jeep!

I don't have any sparkplugs on my land Rover series 3. Its a diesel.. :smiley:
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "We just need a simple ______ ______"

It is not that simple with networking, especially video game networking, especially with battlefield, I don't care what your solution is.

Yesterday I was in a conquest server that was having variance in tick between 12-15ms totally acceptable bounds, with 45 ms and .5 variance, no packet loss, extrapolation offset right around 30. The servers were reset within the week. Full of players that all looked in region.

My hit-reg started so bad I could not hit or kill anyone for like 5 minutes, like I was in the wrong part of the server computation, unable to confirm a hit. I was also having trouble with regular rubber banding about once a second, lots of instant deaths.

My brother, in the exact same round, had no issue.

Then all of a sudden everything started connecting, like the server finally caught up and adjusted, or like my client finally got its head out of *the ground*, I was landing shots just fine after this unseeable change.

This game has seemingly broken network code, servers that have performance issues that seem like a console exclusive feature, tons of players with highly variant, highly latent, and "broken" connections running without limits. It is not good for the players with good connections.

Trying to play unique modes with a smaller player pool only highlights these issues more so, adding more high ping players certainly doesn't make things any better.

I fully anticipate continuing the networking conversation long after these first fixes, from my experience with battlefield over the last few years, I do not believe that any one fix can address the blatant problems we see.
  • VBALL_MVP

It is not that simple with networking, especially video game networking, especially with battlefield, I don't care what your solution is.

Yesterday I was in a conquest server that was having variance in tick between 12-15ms totally acceptable bounds, with 45 ms and .5 variance, no packet loss, extrapolation offset right around 30. The servers were reset within the week. Full of players that all looked in region.

My hit-reg started so bad I could not hit or kill anyone for like 5 minutes, like I was in the wrong part of the server computation, unable to confirm a hit. I was also having trouble with regular rubber banding about once a second, lots of instant deaths.

Then all of a sudden everything started connecting, like the server finally caught up and adjusted, or like my client finally got its head out of *the ground*, I was landing shots just fine after this unseeable change.

This game has seemingly broken network code, servers that have performance issues that seem like a console exclusive feature, tons of players with highly variant, highly latent, and "broken" connections running without limits. It is not good for the players with good connections.

Trying to play unique modes with a smaller player pool only highlights these issues more so, adding more high ping players certainly doesn't make things any better.

I fully anticipate continuing the networking conversation long after these first fixes, from my experience with battlefield over the last few years, I do not believe that any one fix can address the blatant problems we see.

Interesting on having two people having exactly opposite experiences in the same game.

I think if you both had vids with netgraphs on it would be good to show the devs and see if that gives them a "ah ha" moment.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Interesting on having two people having exactly opposite experiences in the same game.

I think if you both had vids with netgraphs on it would be good to show the devs and see if that gives them a "ah ha" moment.

Unfortunately my ****** recording crap didn't record the problems, I got the end where I check my netgraph again :no_mouth: . My brother didn't get anything, as his was only set to record 30sec.

There was no "ah ha" moment from what I could see, just my hopes getting smashed.