So....still no medics

Comments

• lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The option to instantly return to the respawn menu should be removed, or at least have a 6 second delay to give the medic a chance.
    A boost in points for revives would be nice too.
  • TheQue
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    Contrary to popular belief, medics also have a health bar and also get shot at. Everyone loves to whine about not being revived, when in fact a lot of situations dictate you not go for the revive.

My wife get's this all the time. She is like Number 90 on the revive list (Girl-In-Pigtails) and people are constantly complaining even though she revives a LOT. If you just ran into a room and died with an Automatico, what chance does she have of killing that shootgun camper in there with her weapon? If a tank just trashed you in the middle of the open, why on earth would she survive that encounter? If we are moving forward to the next point and you died to a sniper 25 meters behind her, should she run back to get you when the sniper obviously has a clear vantage point of your dead body?

When you pick the medic class, you are not picking a class that spends all game running from dead body to dead body. Further this with the fact the the syringe only works 60-70% of the time due to bugs (body under a branch, dirt, box, etc...) and the cool down and you see why revives have gone down. I will try to revive anyone in my reasonable path, and if I hit cool down, I am not going to stand there like a moron for 5-7 seconds in the open waiting for the cool down while one of the 9-12 snipers on the other team mow me down. I am going to keep running. Often I see in the chat... "You just ran over my body..." Yea, I tried, it failed and I moved on.

-TheQue
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    smart2705 wrote: »
    I think it's funny how everyone complained when the beta came out they didn't like the new Conquest mode cause it made Medics useless, it gave no incentive for medics to revive. So DICE catered to you cry babies and put the old Conquest mode back in the game. Here we are 3+ months later and STILL there are no medics reviving in the game. Very rarely to I ever get revived. Ignorant!

What you are experiencing has nothing to do with game modes and everything to do with the horrible gun balancing.
    How can you blame medics for not reviveving when they don't stand a chance of surviving in the hot zones against assault? Risking their lives for yours makes no sense.

If I'm laying in a "hot zone" I don't want you to revive me. That's just the problem. It's not that I don't see medics. It's just that they either Rambo revive me in front of an enemy tank that just killed me or rub their **** on my face, spamming their gun at the distant hill humper that killed me with a stray bullet after I had dispatched an enemy squad.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OwNLY_HFA wrote: »
    If medic SLRs were that good, why is the class then not played more?

Like in the previous Battlefield titles, any infantry based gamemodes were basicially medic only.
    Now in BF1? Mostly Assaults and Supports running around in these modes.

Guess why? SLRs are outperformed by both LMGs and SMGs on their respective optimal engagement ranges.
    Couldn't agree more with you

I have seen supports hill humping in spots you expect to see snipers. The rock arch between A and B the other day(going to see if I got the video) two supports on my squad with mg-15 shooting at D flag while B was being taken. The hill outside of C on Scar firing on B flag, The hills behind C on Empire's Edge, Ballroom Blitz on the balcony overlooking B and A or on top of the bunker behind B going towards the out of bounds area. Since the buff to support, medics like you said are outclassed at every range.

• dfwviking
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Was playing S.Q. Scar the other day and our team had 3 medics in the hills outside C flag sniping - kind of hard to revives from there. The best part was there were snipers from the other team on the hill right next to them and neither figured out they were there.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    According to the tracker, medic class is still second for total kills and for kit score.
    And that despite the higher skill required to play the medic class, compared to BF4, where the medic had the best guns for basically every combat situation.
    It's just the players. If they do not want to revive, they won't.

If you look at "time spent" medic has fallen to 3rd behind assault and scout, and has declined significantly since launch(29.8% to 19.6%) I would like to see a breakdown by platform because on PC medics are harder to find. I have played full time medic since launch and in the last month it isn't uncommon for there to be only 2 or 3 medics per team.
  • bran1986
    TheQue wrote: »
    Contrary to popular belief, medics also have a health bar and also get shot at. Everyone loves to whine about not being revived, when in fact a lot of situations dictate you not go for the revive.

My wife get's this all the time. She is like Number 90 on the revive list (Girl-In-Pigtails) and people are constantly complaining even though she revives a LOT. If you just ran into a room and died with an Automatico, what chance does she have of killing that shootgun camper in there with her weapon? If a tank just trashed you in the middle of the open, why on earth would she survive that encounter? If we are moving forward to the next point and you died to a sniper 25 meters behind her, should she run back to get you when the sniper obviously has a clear vantage point of your dead body?

When you pick the medic class, you are not picking a class that spends all game running from dead body to dead body. Further this with the fact the the syringe only works 60-70% of the time due to bugs (body under a branch, dirt, box, etc...) and the cool down and you see why revives have gone down. I will try to revive anyone in my reasonable path, and if I hit cool down, I am not going to stand there like a moron for 5-7 seconds in the open waiting for the cool down while one of the 9-12 snipers on the other team mow me down. I am going to keep running. Often I see in the chat... "You just ran over my body..." Yea, I tried, it failed and I moved on.

-TheQue

I agree completely. It gets really frustrating when someone in chat goes off on you because you couldn't get to them. I heal and revive a lot as well(5,344 revives and 29,258 heals in almost 9 days of gameplay). I had a squad mate flip out on me in a match where I had 47 revives and 200 heals because i died trying to get to him.
  • ElliotLH
    8688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've started to main as an aggressive frontline medic (top 6% for revives) and will always go for the revive if the area is 'clear', but I'm not going to bother reviving someone if I know I'm going to die in the process.

Also, if your killer is staring at you waiting for a medic to run in then feel free to skip. You're not helping either of us.
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

-TheQue

Confirmed......
  • sparky2172
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

-TheQue

I agree with most of this.

I also have medics occasionally that can't revive me even when they're trying due to aforementioned bugs, and it makes me happy to watch them try 2-4 times before giving up.

Simply because they tried, I also encounter when I can't revive someone and if I poke their body 3 times to no avail then sorry but I gotta leave you teammate.

• ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I´m one of few (have not seen anyone else yet) with more revives then deaths. I´ll stay alive and get to you most of the times, give me time and show some respect. Skipping and selfish people will get ignored quickly.
  • I_LET_ROUNDS_GO
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You're on ps4, squad up with me, I'm like ranked #114 for revives. I also revive smart, I won't pick you up in a hail of gunfire.
  • cameldung
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think we will see more good medics in the future, because it takes a bit of experience to balance combat and being a good medic.
    If the game would give the medics a little more recognition maybe more would take reviving more serious. When I look at the scoreboard and have like a 20-15, while others have 60-12, I can't help but think that I'm a bad player, even so I have 50+ revives. If the scoreboard would show the revives next to the kills, a lot more players would be trying to get that number up.
    I´m one of few (have not seen anyone else yet) with more revives then deaths. I´ll stay alive and get to you most of the times, give me time and show some respect. Skipping and selfish people will get ignored quickly.

More revives than deaths? Good Idea, that's something I'll aim for. Not there yet - I die too much :(

BTW: Am I the only one who isn't bothered by the "skip2revive"? If they die next to me I revive them before they hit the ground. And if they are further away and blinking, I don't go there.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cameldung wrote: »
    I think we will see more good medics in the future, because it takes a bit of experience to balance combat and being a good medic.
    If the game would give the medics a little more recognition maybe more would take reviving more serious. When I look at the scoreboard and have like a 20-15, while others have 60-12, I can't help but think that I'm a bad player, even so I have 50+ revives. If the scoreboard would show the revives next to the kills, a lot more players would be trying to get that number up.

More revives than deaths? Good Idea, that's something I'll aim for. Not there yet - I die too much :(

BTW: Am I the only one who isn't bothered by the "skip2revive"? If they die next to me I revive them before they hit the ground. And if they are further away and blinking, I don't go there.

Got ~15 more revives then deaths. So have gained my team around 56k tickets and bleeded none :)
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On PC LMGs easily outperform SLRs.

Mind sharing with me where you came by this information? Because the stats don't say so. Or is this because YOU keep getting outperformed by LMGs?

• mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

-TheQue

hey there! greetings from number 58 - tell her it wont get better - but its the most satisfying class out there!

but i agree with every word you said.

i try to just revive mates which are on my path. i usually run around 10m to get somebody revived. for clan member i also run sometimes 30m+ - you cant solve every problem out there on your own.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    I get revived all the time in Domination. Some medics still seem to ignore bodies there as well, but usually if I'm patient someone will come around and revive me. You can't always expect a revive if you die in a sh**** area though. That's your fault, not the medic's. I don't play Conquest or Operations enough, so I can't really comment on how it is there.
  • OwNLY_HFA
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    MarkFury67 wrote: »

Mind sharing with me where you came by this information? Because the stats don't say so. Or is this because YOU keep getting outperformed by LMGs?

I see you are on console. A lot of console players seem to share your opinion.
    I guess balance is different on PC due to different input devices and the lack of aim assist.

On PC its absolutely clear that LMGs destroy SLRs. I got a couple thousand kills with both LMGs and SLRs and SMGs.
    My stats with them are linked in my signature. SLRs appear definitely as the weakest of the 3, in my experience they are not able to win an open firefight (without cover) outside of CQB against not completely incompetent enemy players wielding SMGs or LMGs.

LMGs induce Suppression and Viewpunch when shooting an opponent while getting more accurate with prolonged fire.
    SLRs if shot at max RoF gain huge spread while having to stand still when shooting. So the theoretical TTK is in practise influenced by a lot of other factors which skew the balance towards the LMGs.
  • bran1986
    MarkFury67 wrote: »

I see you are on console. A lot of console players seem to share your opinion.
    I guess balance is different on PC due to different input devices and the lack of aim assist.

On PC its absolutely clear that LMGs destroy SLRs. I got a couple thousand kills with both LMGs and SLRs and SMGs.
    My stats with them are linked in my signature. SLRs appear definitely as the weakest of the 3, in my experience they are not able to win an open firefight (without cover) outside of CQB against not completely incompetent enemy players wielding SMGs or LMGs.

LMGs induce Suppression and Viewpunch when shooting an opponent while getting more accurate with prolonged fire.
    SLRs if shot at max RoF gain huge spread while having to stand still when shooting. So the theoretical TTK is in practise influenced by a lot of other factors which skew the balance towards the LMGs.

I agree and I think the perception is different between console vs pc. I think people get too caught up in initial bullet damage IE medics kill in 3 shots from any range! Without realizing what else adds to ttk. Since the patch in December I have been killed by supports from crazy ranges, I mean dead before I can even think about diving for cover. There is a reason why at leasst on PC, you will now see supports hill humping areas that used to be saved for scouts.
  • kbj1972
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agreed. Since the latest patch playing as a medic I'm really having trouble when facing support players. The surpressing is making it very hard to get your 3 shots to land at target before dying.