Weekly BF

Striterax: A response. Please read. Civil Constructive Comments Only

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    go directly to the source people. this thread receives no formal attention and/or adequate response(s). his CV/resume on linkedin states he was the lead engineer for servers on BF4 as well. so no longer do I buy any of the BS we have been fed about how/why this project is still months out and the game was released 3 months ago. if they were able to deliver on BF4 (with the same lead), they should have no issues deliver in BF1.

EA Digital Illusions CE AB operates as a game development studio. The company was founded in 1988 and is based in Stockholm, Sweden. EA Digital Illusions CE AB operates as a subsidiary of Electronic Arts Inc.

Katarinavägen 15

Stockholm, 104 60

Sweden

Phone:

46 86 58 78 00

Fax:

46 86 58 78 99

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ali-alexander-hassoon-3bb87950

Im guessing you missed the whole Ali gets to do what his bosses tell him he can deal. He cant promise this and that and or tell you when other than SOON™. He is under very strict NDA agreements that if he breaks them can and most likely will cost him his job. While I would like him to come out and say hey this is whats going to be there when we launch it on this day.,.. He can't.
    Point your ire at the correct place EA. They are holding all the purse strings in this and they are making the calls. Make no mistake about it this will be resolved when THEY deem it appropriate to do so not us. Dogpiling on Ali isn't gonna make them approve it any faster. Honestly hes probably giving us more info than most would in his position. If it came down to me having a job I liked and giving people info on the net I'll take the roof and food on the table thanks.

no I didn't miss anything. I am a professional and have operated for 20+ years in many professional environments and at a senior level. he is the project lead (lead engineer). in these environments, if he is presenting anything meaningful to the management team, why decline it? must either be crap and/or unprofitable.

It's not about the lack of comms anymore. it is the FAILURE to DELIVER.

btw, has your thread yielded any meaningful results other than copy & pastes of tweets?

So what I got out of your post war is you can't hold a job for very long. At least after 20+ years you keep trying.
  • Jaskaman
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Fontaaaaaa wrote: »
    LOL... released in CTE... So we can wait another couple of weeks before it goes to vanilla?
    It has been months... Bye DICE.

Um you have to test for a few weeks. This is for the Spring DLC coming in march. Don't expect anything being released until then.

Actually they are testing next patch, and if I understood correctly, it will be released in February. But they didn't promise to bring 4P start or even 6P start at February or March, which worries me a lot, unless they bring QM feed which is needed (6p start was promised to come in some patch). We need that lower count server start too...We have to note that all things tested in CTE may come or may not come to final product, also some things might come even they are not in CTE, it's a test field as name says :)
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    whole lot is still missing - i think we have to wait till the whole product is available - it doesnt make sense to purchase a server without administrating rights, qm traffic and 6p start.
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We shoukd report to consumer protection services.
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TAG-IKKII wrote: »
    Why go there... I feel like we're just finally getting "some" communication with the developers and you throw this out. This isn't going to help anybody.

I agree, we're all disappointed with the state of BF1 in regards to the RSP. Nobody could defend how it is right now; but lets build bridges not walls and try to make #BattleFieldGreatAgain.
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    NetRngr wrote: »
    go directly to the source people. this thread receives no formal attention and/or adequate response(s). his CV/resume on linkedin states he was the lead engineer for servers on BF4 as well. so no longer do I buy any of the BS we have been fed about how/why this project is still months out and the game was released 3 months ago. if they were able to deliver on BF4 (with the same lead), they should have no issues deliver in BF1.

EA Digital Illusions CE AB operates as a game development studio. The company was founded in 1988 and is based in Stockholm, Sweden. EA Digital Illusions CE AB operates as a subsidiary of Electronic Arts Inc.

Katarinavägen 15

Stockholm, 104 60

Sweden

Phone:

46 86 58 78 00

Fax:

46 86 58 78 99

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ali-alexander-hassoon-3bb87950

Im guessing you missed the whole Ali gets to do what his bosses tell him he can deal. He cant promise this and that and or tell you when other than SOON™. He is under very strict NDA agreements that if he breaks them can and most likely will cost him his job. While I would like him to come out and say hey this is whats going to be there when we launch it on this day.,.. He can't.
    Point your ire at the correct place EA. They are holding all the purse strings in this and they are making the calls. Make no mistake about it this will be resolved when THEY deem it appropriate to do so not us. Dogpiling on Ali isn't gonna make them approve it any faster. Honestly hes probably giving us more info than most would in his position. If it came down to me having a job I liked and giving people info on the net I'll take the roof and food on the table thanks.

no I didn't miss anything. I am a professional and have operated for 20+ years in many professional environments and at a senior level. he is the project lead (lead engineer). in these environments, if he is presenting anything meaningful to the management team, why decline it? must either be crap and/or unprofitable.

It's not about the lack of comms anymore. it is the FAILURE to DELIVER.

btw, has your thread yielded any meaningful results other than copy & pastes of tweets?

So what I got out of your post war is you can't hold a job for very long. At least after 20+ years you keep trying.

that's what you got out of it? hahaha. man, I have been with the same company I'm with currently for 8 years.

what I've gotten from your comments on this thread is you keep trying to get noticed...

I'll say it once more to all...this thread has went no where & needs to be escalated, hence why I provided means for doing so. at this point it is a FAILURE to DELIVER. nothing more, nothing less.

• Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Lol there's no point to that. What part of "they don't have to" is so hard to understand.

Time to get this straight I guess. We are entitled to NOTHING regarding servers. Case closed.

Anything DICE and EA decide to do i.e. RSP right now is simply "nice". Yeah that sucks to learn to truth about this. But this is how things work.

Apart from this, this thread became obsolete, there's nothing to do here anymore aside from discussing some tweets. But now with CTE, we're hopefully getting some work done, that is if you are in CTE. I saw @NetRngr is, and so am I.
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Lol there's no point to that. What part of "they don't have to" is so hard to understand.

Time to get this straight I guess. We are entitled to NOTHING regarding servers. Case closed.

Anything DICE and EA decide to do i.e. RSP right now is simply "nice". Yeah that sucks to learn to truth about this. But this is how things work.

Apart from this, this thread became obsolete, there's nothing to do here anymore aside from discussing some tweets. But now with CTE, we're hopefully getting some work done, that is if you are in CTE. I saw @NetRngr is, and so am I.

look up a consumer's "right to redress".

your logic is so flawed it's not even funny...

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Yeah Star go ahead and nuke it like we discussed. Honor and I will be able to provide our input along with those that actually give a rip and want things to improve and not just gripe and complain. Anyone who was looking at this thread as a central location for info , I'm sorry you will have to go to twitter and Reddit on your own.
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

For what, you not reading the instructions of what was released in the game. Should DICE have made a disclosure that they were not putting in what ikkii wanted in the game?

Sorry but I have to laugh at you for that one. DICE was very clear what they were giving us. If they do not say it is in the game then that means it's not in the game.
  • Axlerod1

look up a consumer's "right to redress".

your logic is so flawed it's not even funny...

Where did prior to launch, did DICE say they would give us admin controllable servers? Where did DICE say they would give us priority over DICE servers prior to launch?
    All DICE said was were could rent servers through them for X amount of dollars and time and we would be able to name the server and change some, not all, server settings. They also said they would make updates as needed down the road to the RSP program.

Again people showing ignorance or not knowing what was published and refusing to READ prior to getting the game and or RSP. That is not DICE's fault. That is your fault.

As far as this thread goes, it has provided quite a lot of information for those who are to lazy to actually read the devs comments for themselves. We take their comments from twitter where they post, and we place it on here. Also, because of our comments, DICE has been more forthcoming of information which they know we place in these forums for everyone to see. If you want the info straight from the devs for yourself then you are wasting your time here, you need to be on twitter. Right or wrong, it is where they talk.
This discussion has been closed.