Favorite Battlefield Game and why you liked it

Comments

• BenzenForReal
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017

I bought 2142 on release in 2006, got addicted and skipped every BFs till BF3.

It's only when I got bored of BF3 that I tried the BCs and 1943. Everyone says BFBC2 is their favorite, but I bought BFBC2 yrs after release, havent played much either. So I returned on 2142, untill BF4 came out.

I think that I got something around 5khours into 2142.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vietnam......for the music and the lllllllaaaarrrgggee mapssss....was awesome

I think the music in Vietnam, plus the faction specific weapons wins it for me. The music blaring fron vehicles gave the game a great atmosphere. who didn't like being in a Huey with Ride of the Valkyries or cruising around in a jeep with songs like Nowhere to Run. Very era specific so probably not replicable.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    BF1, It is the best in my opinion.

BF2, closely following BF1, fantastic for it's time, one of the very best online FPS ever.

BF3 Very good, enjoyable to play.

In that order, not played any of the others but have played:

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (excellent)
    Typhoon Rising (Good)
    COD1 (Excellent)
    COD 4 Modern Warfare (Excellent)
    MOH 2011 edition (Ok)
    MOH Warfighter (Pish)
  • IIL4MBDAII
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bad Company 2

It was the first BF I've owned. But I loved it because of the movement speed, gunplay and immersion. Movement because it was a lot slower than this lately super running/strafing soldiers we have today, gunplay because I remember that every gun was useful (tapping was awesome) and immersion because of things like radio chatter in the chopper or ending animations when you lose or win. That's what I'd call a BF game.

BF4 I also really liked it but mostly after the last patch, before it was just a broken mess.
  • badhooverdog
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bad Company was my first Battlefield game. Blew me away.

Shooting, ground vehicles, choppers & boats all in one game! Plus the destructible buildings. Awesome & the humour was cool.

Harvest Day prob my fave map.
  • GerocK-
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    At the time I played BC2 it was the best game for me. I loved everything about it. Maps, sounds, weapon handling, movement, infantry-vehicle balance.
    But after BF1 I wouldn't go back to it, so I guess BF1 is my new favorite. Everything about it is just epic, if I had to pick one word
  • r0nin_Ts
    1410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    *Deleted*
    Post edited by r0nin_Ts on
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    2142 and hardline
  • GenesisMD5745
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know I'm in the minority here, but my favorite easily has to be BF Hardline. The change in theme from military to cops vs criminals was one reason. The gunplay was great. The DLC (besides the free night DLC) was some of the best I've played since BF3. The new game modes, such as Heist and Blood Money, were also fun.

2nd on the list would have to be BF1 or BF3.

BF1 finally takes the series into the past once more, which I've wanted DICE to do for a while now. I also enjoy the destruction (including against vehicles) and of course, the gunplay. As for DLC, I guess we will find out once the first launches next month.

BF3 was the first BF game I ever played, and to this day has some of my favorite DLC (especially AM, EG, and CQ). Gunplay was great, and the base game maps were some of the best. The BF games after this one always had at least one base game map that I hated. That's not the case with BF3. I went back to it a month or so ago and had a lot of fun. Might do so again this weekend if I have the time.
  • plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is by far superior to all in the series. The diversity and implementation of what makes BF series the best fps is all wrapped into BF1. Except player communication none existent but, that's not a game flaw just player flaw that seems to be norm amongst all games of today because toxicity rules today.

BC2 was the best until the above occurred.

BF2 was the end of good communication amongst fps players. It was also the end of fun commander work and communication amongst squads.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hardline. Because it was The perfect balance between Serious and Funny.
    The Campaign was fun, and The War on Crime theme was a Refreshing break from the Military Theme.
    Same here. Liked the fast pace. Ammo,health grabs from teamates. No headshot revives. Lmgs were pick ups only. Good bullet drop,lead mechanics. Shots seemed to count more double tap center mass. Very seldom had to dump a whole clip into someone.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Campaign was fun, and The War on Crime theme was a Refreshing break from the Military Theme.
    Same here. Liked the fast pace. Ammo,health grabs from teamates. No headshot revives. Lmgs were pick ups only. Good bullet drop,lead mechanics. Shots seemed to count more double tap center mass. Very seldom had to dump a whole clip into someone.

No headshot revives? I like that idea.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

No headshot revives? I like that idea.

Yep its true and loved it. One of the biggest pluses was being able to grab ammo,health from teamates back packs. They didn't have to stop suppressing fire to drop it right away.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bad Company 2.

Christmas Tree Wookies, after you lit them up with tracer darts.
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bad Company 2 for being the Battlefield I've had most fun with. It's before they ruined the more random destruction mechanics and introduced scripted the levolution crap etc.
  • jase1682
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bfbc2 deffo my favourite .Never had so much fun playing a game . Would like to see bc3 next .
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1942 and the trimmed down version for PS3 1943.
  • BizarkerDRule
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Played them all since Bad Company 1 ( my first ever online shooter )
    Loved them all but i know i may get hate for this but HARDLINE is my favourite video game EVER period
    Did not deserve the hate it received !!!
  • kampkaos_420_
    Would buy bfh 2 in a heartbeat.
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF-Hardline: It got infantry combat right, hit detection...player movement...low ttk. Still alive after all the big AAA releases and I still play it from time to time. Always been very fun to play and didn't take itself too seriously. Big YouTubers, bandwagon hate and Visceral killed the player population couple that with questionable patches and unchecked bugs is why it got a bad rep.