Weekly BF

What do people really think of battlefield one

Zootofnii
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
What do people really think of battlefield one? personally I think the graphics are great but its gone to far from what battlefield was. The medal system up right sucks. I loved battlefield 2 and 2142 and 3 and 4, mainly cause I LOVED THE MEDAL HUNTING, NOW THATS GONE OR AT LEAST YOU HAVE A TIME SCALE AND HAVE TO SELECT THE STUPID AWARD. This to me is a big step backwarfds, a step they didn't have to make. The game itself also allows people to hope teams at a instance, it has ruined 70-80 % of the gamesd ive played as people either are swaping to windoing team or simply waiting to swap, resulting in a very one sided affair. This has always been a issue but along with the other bad partes on bf1 its magnified and fels more common. Also battle packs, I don't like them, never have but to make us watch a animation everytuime we open them sucks, even when you get the skip button. Do dice think we like pressing a skip buttone? Just get rid of battlepacks. personally I think dice need to go back to battlefield 2 style game cause this is becoming more like cod in ever illiteration

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2974 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personaly think BF1 is a great game. We're getting huge patch soon with ribbons and as rumours say, a reworked reward system. Also what do you mean by "battlefield 2 style game"?
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love the game. They definitely made it a little too casual, what with the auto rotate system and easy mode snipers. All and all not bad though.
  • wrghjkv
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The achievement system needs a big overhaul, agreed. But I didn't give a **** about them so NP for me.

Team balance annoys me, yes. This is the biggest problem of this game, need a fix ASAP.
    I don't give a **** to battlepacks also. Useless skins..

yeah I kinda miss the weapon customization system of BF4, I want vertical grip without stupid scope on my Selby 1916.

In short: Team balancing system is horrible in this game needs a hotfix
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great graphics, smooth gameplay and I get to blow stuff up - can't ask for much more
    Stop team switch @200 tickets/5mins after entering the game and see what we get with the next patch
    Anything that lets me have a laugh with the boys whilst enjoying a cold one gets a big thumbs up from me
  • FF_smart27
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game looks awsome. Hit reg is much better than it was in bf4.
    That's about it. That's all positives I can say about this game.
    Unfortunately bf1 promotes everything that is wrong with fps. From campy behavior to cheap tactics.
    Also a lot of maps are unbalanced, favoring the same side to win 7 out of 10 matches.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Love the game.

Tons of fun.

Beautiful visually, and the gunplay is outstanding.

But it lacks a lot of features that you'd expect, and even as someone who loves it, im finding a hard time coming back consistently.

I havent played in about a week.

The patch / DLC should change that
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My biggest hate with the game is classes and battlepacks.

1.) I hate how they set up the classes. You can easily tell that they try to set it up like a MMO style class system in order to force players to work as a team. And they did it in such a way that two of the four classes are almost useless to play. And even more so with the support class. Very few people play the class the way the developers designed it for in this game.

2.) Battlepacks. I liked them in BF4, I now see them as useless in BF1. I mean weapon skins? That's it? I don't even equip weapon skins on my weapons as they give me no benifital advantage to the match. The Battlepack system is a waste of time, manpower, and money.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I enjoy it. But I have a hard time enjoying it when I play solo. I find it works well as a game I play to take a break from my main game.
  • BIGDADDYSXY
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's fun. Far from finished. Has a lot of balancing problems and is catered towards kids and boobs far more than even call of duty I feel like at times.
    The hip fire being better than ads on some guns is absolutely ridiculous!
    Battle packs is very sad and a huge fail.
    After this update if they don't fix 95 percent of the problems and add something to keep me entertained and add goals or other reasons to play I'm gonna try destiny or something else.
    Aside from the rants I have enjoyed the hell out of this game but it's been pretty repetitive over the last few months. I die by the same weapons in each class and by the same pistols.
    But, I did die by the sniper experimental for the 3 rd time EVER today that was different!
  • xXflyingturtleXx
    46 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some maps like sinai desert need revisions.
    Would love more trench style maps that forces high momentum. Giant's Shadow is a weak map also.
    Battlepacks suck. Skins indo not care for. More weapon customization could bring more fun.

I intend to keep playing in hopes of new dlcs will make it more fun. Very young game. It should get better.

Also hackers issue is being a growing pain.
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We need a better age verification system .
  • BigF33t_13
    6691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    We need more skins
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We need new Battlefield, not a reskinned Battlefront.
  • SpicyBhangraLova
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seems even more bland after playing rainbow 6 siege for the last 4 weeks or so, maybe I'll try the the new patch
  • WolfInSheepsSkin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it is a quick thrill, but wont have a long life span. I dont even blame the game that much, the genre is just a little too old and outdated. If they set themselves up to restart a series of genres, anything a little more modern with more automatic rifles would be much more of a hit. I also think its kind of insulting how easy the game is compared to bf4... like they had to dumb it down for all the bad kids. I dont think gamers are as bad as they think. There are many hard (mechanics wise) games that are successful. (Arma and squad for example) bf3 and bf4 was a nice middle ground or compromise between realism and arcade. All my opinions obviously.
  • Lunati01
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really like it...could use a couple more maps in the rotation though.
  • SorensenSA
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't like it. I mean, I have fun some of the time. But there are just so many frustrations in this game.

From the dev. perpective:

- Almost no close matches because matchmaking sucks.
    - If I play well for a while, I'm put into bad teams in round after round.
    - Long loading times, especially for Operations.
    - Medal system blows, and not really anything else going in the progression/customization area.
    - I don't like the air to ground balance in Operations.
    - Every round starts off with one of the team having far less players than the other. Servers empty quickly.
    - I don't think much of the elite classes or cavalry.
    - I have a hard time seeing players often. They just blend so well into the environment.
    - Sound not working a lot/some of the time. Close enemies make no sound etc
    - Lack of custom servers
    - Stupid ticket system which make uneven rounds last too long if your team or the other team holds 1-2 flags at a time.
    - Terrible grenade mechanics (frag and stick works more like impacts than anything else) together with lots of spam makes for a bad time.
    - Clunky movement i.e. getting stuck on things and trying to climb etc

From the player perspective:

- Very little to no fairness. You just don't see players swap team even if one team has half the number in players.
    - Friendly gas everywhere it shouldn't be.
    - No tactical play. Just everybody running for the next cap.
    - Players getting in the way, either deliberately to stop you using AA's and stuff like that, or just players not having any awareness.
    - It's hard to find good squads with 4 other competent players PTFO'ing when playing solo.
    - Players picking their class and sticking with it, no matter what the squad or team needs at any given moment.

I'm sure there is even more that I can't think of right now. I just find myself cursing at the game too much. I think it's maybe time to stop playing.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    we need new game

Go buy new game.
  • N7Quizolio
    87 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like it.

Its my first Battlefield and so far its been a fun ride. Only problem is, it is not a game I can play everytime I turn on my Xbox. I'll play it for a day or two, then I've had my fill for a while.
  • cweberling
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zootofnii wrote: »
    What do people really think of battlefield one? personally I think the graphics are great but its gone to far from what battlefield was. The medal system up right sucks. I loved battlefield 2 and 2142 and 3 and 4, mainly cause I LOVED THE MEDAL HUNTING, NOW THATS GONE OR AT LEAST YOU HAVE A TIME SCALE AND HAVE TO SELECT THE STUPID AWARD. This to me is a big step backwarfds, a step they didn't have to make. The game itself also allows people to hope teams at a instance, it has ruined 70-80 % of the gamesd ive played as people either are swaping to windoing team or simply waiting to swap, resulting in a very one sided affair. This has always been a issue but along with the other bad partes on bf1 its magnified and fels more common. Also battle packs, I don't like them, never have but to make us watch a animation everytuime we open them sucks, even when you get the skip button. Do dice think we like pressing a skip buttone? Just get rid of battlepacks. personally I think dice need to go back to battlefield 2 style game cause this is becoming more like cod in ever illiteration

BF1 is the best game/my favorite game since the Bad Companies and BF3. The game looks incredible, plays incredible, and the maps are all quite good. The dynamic weather is incredible. (need more!) Shall I use the word incredible a few more times?

I only play Rush. So I'm speaking about Rush. Conquest has been lame in every Battlefield game I've played. Only way conquest would ever be fun is if I had an entire clan and was playing against another entire clan....otherwise it's just dumb. Obviously that's my opinion and some people like it....I just don't see how.

I don't really care much at all about medals or assignments or battlepacks (winning/outplaying people is enough for me). I agree with what you said about Battlepacks....such a pointless and cumbersome system.

I'm undecided on the "sniper sweet spot" mechanic...it sounds really lame in concept....but it ultimately doesn't seem to affect gameplay in a negative way much at all. It's not really something you can spam the crap out of getting OHKs.

But ya....I freakin' love this game. Again, best since Bad Company and BF3.