Weekly BF

Battlefield 1 Palmrest not animated.

WhispersHaze
14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
See these small things really tick me off. Why is the damn palmrest not animated on the soldiers when im in game.
Whats the point in having a different gun if it does not represent how the weapon actually looks like in game?
I dont like the lack of soldier customization in general,like some of the dudes just look sooo disposable,un-****-like that it kinda makes me not relate to my own skin. But at least represent the visuals accurately with the stuff i have chosen for my soldier. And for the love of god,bring in soldier customization that helps players personalize their character with clothes of the era and then Represent them in-game...Correctly!
Also noticed another kind of visual glitch where a soldier is some feet away and shooting down from a cliff but after some distance it appears that he is holding the rifle straight but the bullets are magically flying downwards from the gun barrel where the player is Actually aiming. Its 2017 guys... cmon,polish,polish,polish. You have less content than previous games as is so at least portray what you have Correctly. Thanks.

Comments

• AbyssMessiah
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have another one for you - get the Mondragon, pick a place where you can see your shadow, fire one round then reload. Isn`t it absolutely great how in sync your shadow is?
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Considering that a soldier whilst aiming down his sight actually closes one eye and rechambers each round...

The Palm rest monopod is animated both in first person and third.

Each class is wearing correct and authentic uniform (British Assault is thread for button what the Australians look like in a photo after the battle of Le Hamel)

Don't think you understand how it works..

~

If you are looking at your shadow I think you're playing wrong
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

It keeps following me
  • WhispersHaze
    Considering that a soldier whilst aiming down his sight actually closes one eye and rechambers each round...

Each class is wearing correct and authentic uniform (British Assault is thread for button what the Australians look like in a photo after the battle of Le Hamel)

~

That's simply not true. I see the palm rest not animated when I go to the squad menu and I see my squad holding a rifle with No Palm rest! Check it out. Idk about the eye and rechambering each round but I guess you mean when you look at the person from a few feet away. Once you go further the detail level is decreased,all games are guilty of this that have larger areas. There's only so much stuff you can put on screen at once and that's why you see crappy green textures on far away hills with no grass when you look further away from a sniper scope. That's the way it's been for friggin ever... it about time to evolve I say. Test it out yourself,no chambering,no eye closing... heck,there's barely any eyes on those low detail models when you look at them from 200m away.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    They should just take out those hideous things. I've never even seen such a contraption like it. I know monopods exist, but they just make these old wooden rifles look like a shoddy attempt to make them look "tacticool" Keep the stats it affects, but geez.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

~

That's simply not true. I see the palm rest not animated when I go to the squad menu and I see my squad holding a rifle with No Palm rest! Check it out. Idk about the eye and rechambering each round but I guess you mean when you look at the person from a few feet away. Once you go further the detail level is decreased,all games are guilty of this that have larger areas. There's only so much stuff you can put on screen at once and that's why you see crappy green textures on far away hills with no grass when you look further away from a sniper scope. That's the way it's been for friggin ever... it about time to evolve I say. Test it out yourself,no chambering,no eye closing... heck,there's barely any eyes on those low detail models when you look at them from 200m away.

Yeah the squad menu can be glitchy what of it? I quite often swap to cavarly and my character model is doing my former class pose which the cavarly isn't meant to do so his hands flair out like a reversed starfish and it looks goofy. Being in the squad menu is literally a non-issue.

Maybe your Squadmate doesn't have a rifle with the palm rest? It's only on four rifles (SMLE marksman, Gewehr M.95 marskman, Gewehr 98 marksman and M1903 Springfield marksman)

Yeah every game does this. It's called rendering. The further away the less 'detailed' everything is. Closer you get the more graphic the detail. Notice when you load a save or walk into a new room everything seems low detail then suddenly it's high?

Are your settings on low or something? Do you have any concept on how games actually work?

So you can see someone blink from 200 meters away? That's pretty good eyesight.
  • WhispersHaze

~

Yeah the squad menu can be glitchy what of it? I quite often swap to cavarly and my character model is doing my former class pose which the cavarly isn't meant to do so his hands flair out like a reversed starfish and it looks goofy. Being in the squad menu is literally a non-issue.

Maybe your Squadmate doesn't have a rifle with the palm rest? It's only on four rifles (SMLE marksman, Gewehr M.95 marskman, Gewehr 98 marksman and M1903 Springfield marksman)

Yeah every game does this. It's called rendering. The further away the less 'detailed' everything is. Closer you get the more graphic the detail. Notice when you load a save or walk into a new room everything seems low detail then suddenly it's high?

Are your settings on low or something? Do you have any concept on how games actually work?

So you can see someone blink from 200 meters away? That's pretty good eyesight.

Well its not only the squad menu,its also when the battle ends and your soldier zooms out into 3d person. The palm rest isnt there then either. I Only use the m95 marksman lately so i should have noticed it by now. Its simply not there,even in game and none of my team mates or the enemy have them either,i assure you. Its there in first person,but not anywhere else.

Ive been playing games since 93 and i have the basics down on how a game works. Ive read up a bit during the years.
    The rendering thing is quite bad,you must admit. Especially since everyone seems to have just accepted it and wont mention that when you look far away from a scope,everything looks like its from half life 1. Im sure we can do better,thats all im saying. And im playing with all settings on ultra,on a 4k monitor so if anyones gonna see a guy blink 200m away,is someone with a setup like mine. I dont mind the blinking,i mind the static character models that dont aim up or down or even aim down sight when out of certain rendering range. Kinda takes you out of the game a bit,ya know? Unless we whine and complain,the advancements in gaming tech will be that much slower if everyones satisfied you see... I for one think that games have been the same damn thing graphically since half life 2 or the first farcry. All the same crap,tech wise. Just more detailed textures in close quarters,grass and boob physics (which i Do enjoy) and nothing much more. Still looks like shiny plastic... Same stuff. At least render the damn picture to high def when i look trough a scope. And give me my damn palm rest! :D
  • WhispersHaze
    They should just take out those hideous things. I've never even seen such a contraption like it. I know monopods exist, but they just make these old wooden rifles look like a shoddy attempt to make them look "tacticool" Keep the stats it affects, but geez.

oh i rather like the palmrest,it kinda goes with the steampunk old timey gadgetyness style. Sure id like more options for customization but i guess we cant get it all. A lot less features in this one it seems. Runs well at least.
    Ive even seen photos of Silenced rifles on rifles from that era but i guess that would be a bit too much.
  • Boats_Of_Somalia
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i would love to be able to put a sniper scope on my SMLE.....the customization isnt good
  • WhispersHaze
    i would love to be able to put a sniper scope on my SMLE.....the customization isnt good

I think they did it to simplify it for more casual players cause it was way too complex in bf4 to know whats good for what for casuals. But yeah,i do want more custom personalization for my weapons AND my soldier and how he looks. Individualism is awesome,noone wants to be a complete drone clone. I dont want customization to get out of hand though,all within the era or inspired by. No pink mohawks or neon weapon skins xD