Weekly Debrief

Headshot damage - Detection Miscoded?

Ggballday414
625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2017
I have my reticle option for head shots set to red, and body shots set to yellow. I get numerous headshots that seem to do little damage, if the same as a body shot.

For example, I got a red hit marker ( head shot ) with a shotgun at about 5 m, about 30 damage , and nothing. Horse riding past me, Russian Rifle, 50 m, headshot , 80 damage ? WHAT. The planes too. I use the fighter plane often and strafe the ground when not in a dog fight, I get numerous head shots that do 20 damage? Flying in a plane and getting headshots to do any damage on opposing pilots is a joke.

Not to mention the juggernaut ability you get while driving scout cars. I've seen too much this week, and it has left me in disbelief.

The next update is needed now more than ever.

Comments

• skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shotguns will do the same amount of damage regardless of where they hit. 10 pellets to the feet will do the same amount as 10 to the head. Shotguns are the only class of guns that use this damage model.

As for horses, Calvary class riders have a lot more health so they won't go down to a headshot from a sniper rifle.
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Shotguns will do the same amount of damage regardless of where they hit. 10 pellets to the feet will do the same amount as 10 to the head. Shotguns are the only class of guns that use this damage model.

As for horses, Calvary class riders have a lot more health so they won't go down to a headshot from a sniper rifle.

During Fall they worked perfect, but compared to every other gun, it was the only usable option. I feel they got nerfed because of the other weapons being incomplete.

And I've headshotted 100% Cav before ... Never failed. Something in the recent patches has given more health or something. I'm not a Dev so I just have my educated guesses to rely on.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Op I'm glad you started this thread. I've suspected for a while that headshot damage is bugged. I also have my hit 'X' set to pink so I can easily tell when I get headshots.
  • lordmay
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had it where a pistol shot through the top of a head, which showed the entry mark on the helmet, register as a normal body hitmarker and damage.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Something is amiss.

I have hit heads (have it set to green so I can distinguish) with the Gewehr 98 sniper and done 80 damage.

That should be a kill at any range with a headshot.

I also have single headshot many Cavalry from their horses at 100% health.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • disposalist
    8669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    Freeze it about 11 seconds in and watch it frame-by-frame. There's another person behind the medic he first hit (who crouches as he fires). His hits on the two people happen to add up to 100 (though I'm not sure why the second shot, which is a headshot, only does 28 damage - maybe the guy behind was an elite). He then got credited two kill assists as they are both killed by someone else.

No bug, just the complexity and confusion of combat.

A prime example of how people *think* BF1 is more buggy than it is. The battlefield is a very hectic place. When I have WTF moments but go back and step through footage (if I had Shadowplay on) it's almost always something I've mis-interpreted.

Maybe it does get it wrong sometimes, but not as much as people think.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    Freeze it about 11 seconds in and watch it frame-by-frame. There's another person behind the medic he first hit (who crouches as he fires). His hits on the two people happen to add up to 100 (though I'm not sure why the second shot, which is a headshot, only does 28 damage - maybe the guy behind was an elite). He then got credited two kill assists as they are both killed by someone else.

No bug, just the complexity and confusion of combat.

A prime example of how people *think* BF1 is more buggy than it is. The battlefield is a very hectic place. When I have WTF moments but go back and step through footage (if I had Shadowplay on) it's almost always something I've mis-interpreted.

Maybe it does get it wrong sometimes, but not as much as people think.

I'm not talking about the 2 guys but the 2nd guy was obviously a Headshot. It was a red hit mark like op said. And the second guy was a support.
  • HerakIinos
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am pretty sure I headshoted a cavalry once with the M.95 and he didnt die and then he killed me. ****.