Weekly Debrief

Aiming & Sensitivity more like Call of Duty

TOXI1N
1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2017
Before anyone responds, I do not want to talk about whether Battlefield is better than Call of Duty; or vise versa.

My question:
How can I make the aiming/looking sensitivity feel more like Call of Duty?

I feel like Call of Duty really hits it home when it comes to aiming controls, and the default Battlefield settings seem clunky to me.

So far what I've done is lower the deadzone, lower my movement speed when ADS, and make sure Uniform Soldier Aiming is on.

I feel like I'm close, but not quite there.

Anyone have any ideas?

(Sorry about the stupid disclaimer, but I don't want a simple question to turn into a fanboy screaming match)

EDIT:
I need to clarify that I'm playing on Xbox, with a controller (obviously). So how can I make it as close to the CONSOLE version of Cod is the real question.
Post edited by TOXI1N on

Comments

• Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    They need to add more camera sway while sprinting so people play more tactically. Rushing around with shotguns is too easy, thus they nerf them. This would give weapons more functionalities in their proper departments. Being able to quickscope is cool, sure. Is it real though? Hardly...

Thank the almighty that drop shotting doesn't work like it does in Call of Duty.

I've been at the FPS' since 1942 (Pc) and Medal of Honor / Syphon Filter on Playstation 1... There is much progress to be recognized.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go into an empty server and mess around with every setting. It's the best way to do it.

• TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think the first thing you have to consider, are that CoD and BF use very different bullet mechanics:

CoD uses a system which is commonly referred to as a "hit scan" system, which basically means that your bullets will instantly go wherever you point your gun, and as long as it's on your target, you'll get the kill.

Battlefield 1's is a bit more complicated - factors in things like bullet velocity, bullet drop, and travel distance.

So, for example, when aiming for a moving target far away: In CoD, you just aim for the body, whereas in BF1 you have to lead your target.

Understanding that is the first step to getting down with the gunplay.

The other suggestion is to turn Uniform Soldier Aiming OFF, and tweak all the individual sensitivity options - bump them up a few percent each day, until you are comfortable with it, and then increase it some more. People who are comfortable with the more reflexive and quick/snappy CoD-style aiming, normally do so because they play with higher sensitivities. I would try and adjust the sensitivities to help you feel like you are able to be far more reflexive in-game.

Good luck
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is analog acceleration, you cannot currently adjust this.

There is a chance we will be able to change this in the future.

You could increase the fov, that makes things feel a bit quicker.

Nothing about hitscan or projectile physics affects the analog movement.....
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Change your FoV to 75.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Drill a hole in the center of your joysticks. It worked for me.
  • TOXI1N
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump for more replies
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is analog acceleration in bf1.

YOU CANNOT MAKE BF1 FEEL EXACTLY LIKE COD.

The analog movement you input is augmented, It's some weird nonsense.
    I don't like it either, but a dev is looking into giving us control over these values.

Until then, practice, you can't change the value you want to change.
  • NyfyMcnyferson
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With all the options available bf is for me much better as far as controls go. Dead zone, stick acceleration all the other sensitivity settings make it feel real nice. And makes cod fell like it’s 10 steps behind me. I like when I can barely move the joystick and the reticle will move accordingly.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Go into an empty server and mess around with every setting. It's the best way to do it.

Bro your advice is crap
This discussion has been closed.