Weekly Debrief

Has AA been nerfed again?????

Stetheboro
85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
From taking out 5/6 planes during a game to now the AA wont even get a hit marker on a slow bomber right in front of me.

Comments

• skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope.
  • Stetheboro
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OK must be just me. By the way do you work for Dice?
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't. There just hasn't been a patch since December.
  • wrghjkv
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sometimes it's really hard to hit a bomber.... sometimes i think "Why am I not getting hit?"
    It looks like the AA shell explodes before getting close enough to bomber, even in operating range. IDK why maybe I just suck.
  • Vicb0u
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was hoping someone would comment "get good" just so I could like that comment instead of writing it myself.
  • wrghjkv
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Vicb0u wrote: »
    I was hoping someone would comment "get good" just so I could like that comment instead of writing it myself.

git gud

here you go
  • Stetheboro
    wrghjkv wrote: »

git gud

here you go

I've only got 1 arm so it's pretty difficult to git gud.
  • Vicb0u
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stetheboro wrote: »

git gud

here you go

If you've been able to get 6 kills with the AA during a game before, you can do it again. It has not been nerfed, stop trying to get it buffed.

• wrghjkv

git gud

here you go

Accident? I'm really sorry. And I wasn't saying git gud to you, as you can see in my prior post.
    Sometimes it's really hard to hit a bomber.... sometimes i think "Why am I not getting hit?"
    It looks like the AA shell explodes before getting close enough to bomber, even in operating range. IDK why maybe I just suck.

• lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    OP, it's funny I was just thinking the same thing working on a medal earlier. I'm usually pretty quick to take down planes, but today I wounded twice as many as I killed.

Maybe pilots are just getting smarter.
  • Stetheboro

git gud

here you go

If you've been able to get 6 kills with the AA during a game before, you can do it again. It has not been nerfed, stop trying to get it buffed.

Not trying to get it buffed I asked a simple question!
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was playing a game with the AA truck and it definitely wasn't hitting as hard.

Something is different. Stealth Nerf?
  • PrecisionWing
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So hard to aim for you?
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yep I've noticed this for quite a while when I started using the AA.
    You need to adjust your lead differently when firing at bombers. Lead your shots more in front than you would when aiming at fighters and attack planes. That usually works well for me. Then I adjust my aim based on the hits I'm getting (i.e. more lead or less lead). It also varies with the height they're at but generally aim more in front than you would normally.
    Next time you encounter a bomber while you're on the AA, aim about half as much in front of it as you normally would then reduce your lead until you get a hit. Then take note of where that was and how high the bomber was and use that as your aiming reference. Also make sure you are only firing on the aircraft when they are well within your airspace so they have less time to react, turn and run. That way you get good hits on them when they're inside your AA zone AND as they're trying to run.
    Lastly make sure you control your firing. Don't just hold down the trigger. Try and send up a bunch of AA then hold off to give the gun a second or two to cool down and then resume. The point is not to run the gun to maximum overheat but control your bursts so you've always got something left in the AA gun.
    All the best.
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    APBT wrote: »
    I was playing a game with the AA truck and it definitely wasn't hitting as hard.

Something is different. Stealth Nerf?

Yea something is up this week, I can feel it.
  • superteds
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    just wiped out a few planes on ballroom, felt exactly like normal.

since we're going off anecdotal evidence here i guess AA is fine.
  • cameldung
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    Maybe you got more confidend with the AA and try to hit the planes to soon?
    But there is something off with the hit detection and the bombers. You know they are in range and that you lead your shots right but no hits. I only see it with bombers and it has been like this for a while.
    Post edited by cameldung on