Weekly BF

Class Rank 50 - Needs to take previous XP to account.

Comments

• ohnoshyguy
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diLuxx wrote: »
    Not happening, already confirmed it wont be retroactive.

Source?
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    At 45k per level on medic, 40 more levels is only 1.8 million. 2 million for Assault and Support and a laughable 1.2 million for Scout. We really do not need XP rollover.

However, level 99 - 100 is 2.6 million XP. That is mote than a 100% jump from 98 - 99. If that curve remains the same, it will be an additional 50 million + for the next 10 levels; where it only took 20 million for the first time 100 levels.

Girl-In-Pigtails

Making xp rollover completely fair for those of us who bought the game before everyone else.

Just because we didn't have to wait for our taxes doesn't mean we should be abandoned.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It will not be counted. The amount of XP needed is so low anyway for the class ranks. It will be a good time to actually level up something again.
  • Ggballday414
    edited February 2017
    It will not be counted. The amount of XP needed is so low anyway for the class ranks. It will be a good time to actually level up something again.

You will be able to level up ? Why is everyone creating this 'I wont have any xp left to earn because I'm a god and only use one class fantasy' ?
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You will be able to level up ? Why is everyone creating this 'I wont have any xp left to earn because I'm a god and only use one class fantasy' ?

I would be class rank 50 on 3 classes if it counted. So no I´m not playing one class.
    XP has never carried over to later added ranks/levels.
  • Ggballday414
    edited February 2017

I would be class rank 50 on 3 classes if it counted. So no I´m not playing one class.

Well spent time I suppose depending whose opinions you deem valid. My point continues, increase the max level xp requirements.

You're saying I want more to unlock, but, I don't want to have to earn more xp?

Regardless of what level you think you are, the class cap can be increased upon request. Why make it so complicated for players who've been in this since BETA (I reached level 70) ?
  • Girl-In-Pigtails
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Well spent time I suppose depending whose opinions you deem valid. My point continues, increase the max level xp requirements.

Regardless of what level you think you are, the class cap can be increased upon request. Why make it so complicated for players who've been in this since BETA (I reached level 70) ?

I've been here since beta as well (level 100). I have enough xp that I would instantly be 50 on Medic, Assault, and Support. I don't really like Scout, so did the bare minimum for level 10. On Medic alone I have 8.5 million (enough for approx. level 188 Medic). XP is not hard to earn for classes. I see no need for rollover.

Girl-In-Pigtails
  • ProLegion_exor

Yes a addition in max levels would be nice also, think it will come in March with the DLC.

I personaly dont care for ranks. I don´t need levels to have fun in a game. I played another game around 15.000 hours without a progression system at all, 10.000 hours at the same map. So I´m not the guy who need numbers be satisfied.

Why is it complicated? I´ve played since the Alpha, why should that matter?
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017

I've been here since beta as well (level 100). I have enough xp that I would instantly be 50 on Medic, Assault, and Support. I don't really like Scout, so did the bare minimum for level 10. On Medic alone I have 8.5 million (enough for approx. level 188 Medic). XP is not hard to earn for classes. I see no need for rollover.

Girl-In-Pigtails

I don't think you're representative of the average gamer though. You've spent more time on Medic than I have on the entire game, and I've been here since Beta and am rank 86. It's like asking someone who gets 10,000 kills a week if getting 10,000 kills in a week to complete a medal is a big deal.
    Regardless, to me if you make the ranks a redundant concept because they reflect nothing (for example I could be a higher / equal ranked Medic compared to you despite the fact that you have played Medic at least 7x longer than me) then ranks will be something I show no interest in.
    Arguably you should be 50 instantly in classes you have played for 7 days, because you've done the work.
    Ranks are not even worth including in the game, and certainly not worth blowing trumpets about or advertising as a great new part of what's coming to BF1 when they are so utterly meaningless.
    Thinking about it, they're not just meaningless, they're actually fraudulent. The idea that I can taunt my opponents because I am rank 50 implies I have done something better than they have, played longer, scored more ... that 50 is in some way prestigious / above others ... when in fact you could well be taunting people who have played / scored far more than you have.
  • JHawkinit1989
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Companion App shows my Recon as 50, but the game only shows it as 10. Yay DICE.
  • BigWoofWoof
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Companion App shows my Recon as 50, but the game only shows it as 10. Yay DICE.

The app is bugged to f.e.ck mate. I reached Class 11 on Assault half an hour ago, yeh :-/
  • screwubenny-VX9-
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just want to point out that I find it hilarious that the DICE response was literally, "no skipping!" when you can unlock everything in the game by paying money.
  • xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of tears will be created when people think they're getting smoked by a lvl 10 that is actually a lvl 50.

Hahaha
  • MrBenAlpha
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seems like most of the community want an XP rollover, why not listen to us?
    BF1 is my first battlefield, but it feels as if DICE refuse or don't care what WE want.

Clearly it's do-able because the app and even the in-game weapons&gadgets menu
    shows what level you're "supposed" to be. I think they just want us to grind more thus
    making us feel there's more to do. I don't care it's never been done before, how hard
    can it really be?

Lame, dice. Lame.
  • BigWoofWoof
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just want to point out that I find it hilarious that the DICE response was literally, "no skipping!" when you can unlock everything in the game by paying money.

Great eh? Folk ranked 1 running with the Martini Henry or the Hellreigel, it's all about $$$ for DICE and EA, nothing else matters, which is a shame
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Theoretical Dice Announcement "All Class XP Previously Earned will Count Towards New Class Rank!" Theoretical Forum Thread Immediately Following "DICE BETTER ADD ANOTHER 50 CLASS RANKS SO I CAN FEEL LIKE I'M EARNING SOMETHING!"
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No. Because a lot of us would already be Rank 50 or well on their way to it. It's not a big deal as there's nothing new to unlock. Let your experience show where it counts.. on the Battlefield and not in the statistics.
  • OBM_de
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Classranks are useless, there´s no advantage or reward if your higher . So whats the problem with it . There are a lot more thing that need more love from dice in this game.
    You already have your Rank 1-100 to show people how much experience/addiction you got

• USP_Bauer_24
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Just did the update and my scout class is level 50.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why does it even matter. If it carried over you might be maxed out. Then what ? Cry for more lvls
This discussion has been closed.