Weekly Debrief

Back to Basics - Two things I would change

Scyllu1
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2017
Hey guys. So I'm really enjoying Back to Basics game mode a lot. It's a nice change of pace. However there are two things bothering me about it. Behemoth/too many vehicles and secondarys. Maybe it's asking too much but I was hoping for a realistic bolt action vs bolt action game play experience with this mode but I'm often finding it's a lot of horses and other vehicles zerging around the field running people over and 1911's spamming like crazy. Just kind of ruins the emersion for me. Now I know I wasn't there when this war happened and all but I find these two things distracting to the feel that the game mode is supposed to bring.

I find I can avoid it a bit if I stay further back from objectives and snipe but I want to help my team by attacking and defending objectives and whenever I get in close I see a lot of those two things.

Any tips/ideas to help with this? I realize this is a small problem and there are bigger things for the developers to be worrying about but I just wanted to share my opinion whether popular or not.

Thanks

Comments

• 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe when DICE sort out the server program, people will run custom servers so they can turn off certain things like X, Y or Z vehicle / weapon.
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I like to see is: Introduce the Infantry Model of the M1903 for the U.S. team and open up the Ballroom Blitz and Argone Forest maps. Also get rid of the Henry-Martini for the Ottomans and Replace it with the Gewehr 98. Another thing, make all side arms nation base as well. Germans get the their nations pistol, Britian uses theirs, and so on. Going back to maps, make all maps playable.
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TBH, in my experience, the majority of the action is bolt action on bolt action. The only time I see a lot of pistol spam is during the room to room fighting or when I'm right on a flag and, honestly, why wouldn't you use a pistol then?

My suggestion would be to give players a choice of the allied and central powers weapons depending on the faction they are playing. For example, if you a playing a Brit you can choose between the SMLE or Russian 1895 to suit their play style or map. If you're playing as, say, a German you choose between the m95 or G98.

I do agree with the behemoths though. I don't think that they really bring anything to the game at the best of times and are completely out of place in this mode.
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    What I like to see is: Introduce the Infantry Model of the M1903 for the U.S. team and open up the Ballroom Blitz and Argone Forest maps. Also get rid of the Henry-Martini for the Ottomans and Replace it with the Gewehr 98. Another thing, make all side arms nation base as well. Germans get the their nations pistol, Britian uses theirs, and so on. Going back to maps, make all maps playable.

• bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not being able to choose your weapon is a big part of that game mode. It should also apply to the sidearm.
    You can always pick up another rifle from the ground.