This Week in Battlefield V

754 topics about HORRIBLE matchmaking in operations and ... Still UNPLAYABLE

-L-M3rc3n4ry
523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Google site:battlefield.com operations matchmaking and ... You will see 754 results of people unable to play operations because the terrible "searching empty or near ending servers" matchmaking. Put a server browser, or i will be unable to play this mode.

I've tried 4 times in row to find a match(two in Iron Walls and two in Oil of Empires), but i can't.

Mathcmaking_Untitled.png

Comments

• Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It seems that Matchmaking isn't just a DICE problem, it's a human problem.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It seems that Matchmaking isn't just a DICE problem, it's a human problem.

The problem is. I can use a server browser to play any game mode. Why in my favorite game mode, i should be forced to not play or try 6541864165496357416574168574136685134 times only to play operations?
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Operations is my top game mode and I play all the operations on both player counts

Do we factor in time zones, days of the week, holidays etc etc.
  • GewinntNiXX
    121 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It´s a big joke.

Every time I play Operation I am the 1. on the Server. This is a joke. So I use "QuickMatch".

80% = I must play in a Team who is steamrolled

20% = I join a match in the end. Sometimes I join a match with 10sec. left ( in the loser team WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

This game is still a big FU****** joke.

I am Level 100 and I must play in teams with 10 or more player with level 6 or 10. WTF ?????? We can´t even get the first sector. lol
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It´s a big joke.

Every time I play Operation I am the 1. on the Server. This is a joke. So I use "QuickMatch".

80% = I must play in a Team who is steamrolled

20% = I join a match in the end. Sometimes I join a match with 10sec. left ( in the loser team WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

This game is still a big FU****** joke.

I am Level 100 and I must play in teams with 10 or more player with level 6 or 10. WTF ?????? We can´t even get the first sector. lol

I feel ya. Is so painfull to join a server and having team of potatoes who can't do shlt while you're trying to solo cap a flag.
  • spuitpoepertjie
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The last time I played operations both objectives were taken before I reached them after spawning in. What's that, about a minute or so? Haven't been back.
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    empty bets on reaching 1,000 before March ?
  • SilkWildey
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The last time I played operations both objectives were taken before I reached them after spawning in. What's that, about a minute or so? Haven't been back.

Happens sometimes if you have a bad team, happened to me a few times just as I am going into the game, all you can hear is sector taken.

• -L-M3rc3n4ry
    13 times... Today I'VE TRIED TO PLAY THIS OPERATIONS 13 TIMES BUT ONLY EMPTY SERVERS!!!!
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really enjoy operations. Think I'm not gonna play it anymore though, for some reason I suffer from very poor frame rate in it
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    13 times... Today I'VE TRIED TO PLAY THIS OPERATIONS 13 TIMES BUT ONLY EMPTY SERVERS!!!!

Are you trying to play at 3am in the morning on a Monday or what?

You need to be specific about your experiences.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    At 6pm still very hard to find a match. Why not serverbrowser?
  • GewinntNiXX
    121 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I play after work. I am from europe. So...all the russian trash player are online. 80% of my team is russian trash.
    Why do I call them trash ???

That is why : так как они испражняется загрязняют один испражняйся язык имеют и в остальном погано в игре.

You can´t talk with this trash. You can´t even say "Tank is coming to A" or something else.
    Even if if could understand that ****...lol this russian trash suxx hard in BF1. To many russian trash in your team and you lose.
  • SilkWildey
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xbox one in general seems like the game has gone into self destruct mode. Constant frame rate drops, spawning into a black screen, classes alway resetting themselves, team balancing, constant lag, poor hit detection, poor weapon and vehicle balance.

It's incredibly scary how bad it has got compared to first few weeks it was out.

In OPS though my main issue is team balancing.
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Huh, I almost exclusively play Operations, sometimes alone, sometimes with a full (16 ppl) party...
    Never needed more than 2 tries plus max of 10 minutes waiting if it turned out to be an empty server.
    But I see the chances getting worse. We need to get rid of 40/64 options and need to go back to a single size like 50 or 60.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never had a matchmaking problem, never empty servers for me. Are you playing on PC?
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    I only have to wait a couple of minutes when I play on odd times like monday morning at 8 am. And I don't very often join a game that is almost ending either. It happens but not that often.
    Team balance is another thing though. Way too many times teams get steamrolled. But I am not sure if that is a matchmaking issue or people giving up too soon. It's way too frustrating so I started to play more conquest...
  • LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    Matchmaking on PC Operations is bad and can easily be manipulated to get you on the winning side, I only play operations and about 25% of the time it puts you in servers, at end of game or with few tickets left or empty servers that don't fill up, usually on your own.

50% of the time it puts you in servers with massive skill imbalance or all the good players switching to one side, this could be responsible for a lot of the hackusations, when a lot of good/high lvl players are all on one side with mostly 0-30 level never ends well for the noobs, so they quit and team gets hammered even more. Its easy for most 1/2 decent players to get into tripple figure kills in tank/bomber/sniper/mortar/lmg's farming a team of noobs in spawn or through the stages.

The other 25% of the time it gives a fair game with teams balanced. This figure is far too low.

I think there are a couple of changes would make it lots better and give more interesting games:-

After 1st 50 tickets you cant switch teams, unless you join on friend. Though it would be better only to let you in server if there is space on friends team to save switching as that is bugged if round ends as it forgets.
    New players are placed on the weak team or team with least players.
    If you quit or don't finish a game it counts as a loss, only wins on completed games count.
    Should change to 2 attacks, 1st without behemoth, 2nd with behemoth, If defenders lose 3 stages in 1 attack and attackers have > 150-200 tickets left, then they get behemoth injected mid game to defend.
    Each map should be a full game, if attackers win, then map moves forwards to next, if attackers lose, then map stays same. BUT, players are left in server and switched to start the new attack, this way when friends get on a server its all there and no finding a new server. This should also allow servers to start on 2nd map as this would introduce the other maps to be played more. Same thing with rounds, but with defenders winning it falls back to previous map. This would allow wars to carry on for many maps/rounds and it keeps servers occupied to seed more games.
    Reduce sniper and mortar armour range by 25-30% to stop edge of map campers.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    LumoColor wrote: »
    Matchmaking on PC Operations is bad and can easily be manipulated to get you on the winning side, I only play operations and about 25% of the time it puts you in servers, at end of game or with few tickets left or empty servers that don't fill up, usually on your own.

50% of the time it puts you in servers with massive skill imbalance or all the good players switching to one side, this could be responsible for a lot of the hackusations, when a lot of good/high lvl players are all on one side with mostly 0-30 level never ends well for the noobs, so they quit and team gets hammered even more. Its easy for most 1/2 decent players to get into tripple figure kills in tank/bomber/sniper/mortar/lmg's farming a team of noobs in spawn or through the stages.

The other 25% of the time it gives a fair game with teams balanced. This figure is far too low.

I think there are a couple of changes would make it lots better and give more interesting games:-

After 1st 50 tickets you cant switch teams, unless you join on friend. Though it would be better only to let you in server if there is space on friends team to save switching as that is bugged if round ends as it forgets.
    New players are placed on the weak team or team with least players.
    If you quit or don't finish a game it counts as a loss, only wins on completed games count.
    Should change to 2 attacks, 1st without behemoth, 2nd with behemoth, If defenders lose 3 stages in 1 attack and attackers have > 150-200 tickets left, then they get behemoth injected mid game to defend.
    Each map should be a full game, if attackers win, then map moves forwards to next, if attackers lose, then map stays same. BUT, players are left in server and switched to start the new attack, this way when friends get on a server its all there and no finding a new server. This should also allow servers to start on 2nd map as this would introduce the other maps to be played more. Same thing with rounds, but with defenders winning it falls back to previous map. This would allow wars to carry on for many maps/rounds and it keeps servers occupied to seed more games.
    Reduce sniper and mortar armour range by 25-30% to stop edge of map campers.

Well said, operations is a good mode, but find a good match is impossible...
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    I've tried 8 times today and... Only empty severs