Limpet Charge Warning

theONEFORCE
2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Should Limpet Charges have a warning like grenades? Had I known he threw one I would have moved.

Comments

• Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Nah.

Thats the sort of situational awareness that you need.

In BF4, if you came across a recon who wasnt holding a weapon you knew you were in danger of being C4'd.

Support is a very unique looking class - its something that players need to be able to assess on their own.

Also - given the fuse time of the Lumpy, any sort of indicator would provide people with enough time to scatter, reducing the effectiveness of the gadget.

Tough death, but i dont think an indicator is needed

Agree. Grenades can come from afar, often from someone you can't even see thrwoing it. Lumpys on the other hand have a very limited range.

Sure the lumpy was only visible for a split second and flew from his body at the same time like his weapon (kit) making it very hard to see but the Support did come around the corner with no weapon in hand.

Situational and spacial awareness as well as quick thinking (aka acting out of experience) are key abailities that seperate the chaff from the wheat.
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Lol that looks like he tripped and the limpet just slipped out of his pocket :D
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Situational awareness in that situation? LoL Even if they made the animation more clear like a grenade throw it would be better. I can't run for the hills every time I kill a support player in CQC on the off chance he pooped out a limpet charge upon his death. All I saw was bullet to the body convulsions and on the replay you can barely see him pulling the limpet out in the beginning and then when he dies it goes to the default drop your primary animation.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Where's the fun in that?
  • A1_GR33N_
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I died to this for the first time last night, playing domination on Argonne. I'd run into the bunker to recover health while burning the flag, when the UI suggested an enemy was around. A support ran in, then ran out before I could react. I thought, did he see me? He did of course and then the Limpet charge went off.

I've used it myself the same way, but never realised there was no indicator.
  • plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No added crutch for limpet you can't throw it very far at all like 2 feet do not put a warning on it or it will make it completely useless. I wish they would get rid of all the crutches and make game more situational awareness based.
  • boutneus
    2457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ninja limpets are fine as they are.
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My opinion is no; don't risk crippling the high risk/high reward weapon.
  • Lunati01
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you look closely you can see them stuck to a vehicle or wall...tough when it's tossed into rubble but it makes for cool scenes of bodies flying into the air.
  • CR15CGS
    145 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Absolutey not, as much as I love them, they don't insta kill vehicles, you can hardly throw them and you don't exactly get many as a load out. Warnings would just make them harder to make kills. At least with grenades you can throw them far.
  • evazier
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have been caught out by limpet charges while teabagging before.

Kill a support, begin to caress his body with my balls and then BOOM! I'm dead.

Can't argue that that wasn't deserved. Just another day in the life or a serial bagger.

But no, definitely no need for an indicator.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    No. If you are killed by a limpet you deserved to be teabagged. The guy had to run up to you (because it seems only assaults are olympians with the ability to lob nades further than grenade launchers) and drop it not further than 2m from himself. High risk, high reward (in fact, not high reward enough against tanks in fact as 2 AT nades do more damage than a limpet and can be throw from crazy distances + instantly refilled by pouches).
  • DeaDmiddle
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was playing Domination on Suez yesterday. Went to throw a limpet in the building at C flag when an enemy rounded the corner. I dropped the limpet..he lit me up...then I saw him look down at the limpet as he stood over it...that was the last thing that went through his mind...oh chit BOOM.
  • rommelafric1
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing g is better then running up to a POS sniper trying to shoot across the map and throwing a limpet charge on him and walking g away
  • Prep768
    3430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's a pretty much unanimous - 'leave them be' vote in my book
    @Chillmatik_86 - what are your thoughts?
  • badhooverdog
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Defo no.

Unless it could be the Trololol song.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    First thing I think when I see a support player charging for the tank I'm in. "Is that guy is about to throw a limpet charge at me. Quick back up and shoot him!"