When & What to expect in next patch / patches

Axlerod1
1383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited February 2017
My understanding is this, DICE took a minimalist approach to the server side for what ever reason. Mostly because they got behind and wanted to make the shareholders money and DICE needed the game to launch before Christmas. The original plan was to slowly add in features to the RSP. Obviously we all know this was a bad idea and yes the game should have been delayed 6 months. Now that EA has noticed as well as activision that sales are down, DICE is scrambling man power to get this ready before the Spring DLC patch. I guess the system was pretty bad and I am hearing DICE is revamping everything. It was asked why they did things this way and the response was it was either launch the game as is with RSP or not at all with RSP. The really sad part is, DICE did not get to even start on RSP until a few weeks before launch. Besides the down turn in AAA title game sales, there is the issue of all the money that was suppose to be brought in for RSP subscriptions. Guess what? DICE is not hitting the goals. Supposedly there is now a big concentrated effort at DICE to get the RSP up to pare for us again before Spring DLC. I was told via twitter it could come before then but no one at DICE is announcing any time tables other then what I already posted and has been announced.

Battlefield 1's Next Custom Game Announced, Update Planned for February
The first new Custom Game of 2017 is called Bleed Out.

DICE has announced what's coming up for Battlefield 1 later this month and in February.
In a blog post today, https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/the-road-ahead-jan-2017 DICE started off by revealing a new Custom Game, Bleed Out, will arrive on January 18. It's a version of Rush where downed soldiers die faster; also, there is no health regeneration. This is just the latest new Custom Game for Battlefield 1, as DICE has regularly released new ones since Battlefield 1's launch in October.

Next month, February, a new update for Battlefield 1 will come out. DICE is saving specifics for later, but teased that it will contain "gameplay improvements" derived from its own testing and fan feedback. The studio previously discussed a series of features that could come to the game's rented servers, though it remains to be seen if these may be addressed in the February update.

Battlefield 1 has already received substantial updates. They have added things like significant map changes, weapon and item balance changes, and a free DLC map called Giant's Shadow in March.
Lastly, DICE reminded fans that Battlefield 1's They Shall Not Pass expansion is coming out in March. We know it will add four maps, but the studio has kept quiet on what else it introduces.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1s-next-custom-game-announced-update-p/1100-6446664/

There you go, the next 3 months worth of updates.

Again, DICE has mention on twitter to expect great things i February. There are suppose to be game play improvements. What? I am still unclear on. I would speculate some minor buffing and nerfing and hopefully things to make the game play smoother. If DICE is announcing it, then it is to be expected it will be fore everyone, PC, Xbox & PS. DICE has said they have made substantial improvements and many of us would say minor but that is all in the words and how they look at things and how we look at things.

I know I would like to see more RSP ability because it is killing my clan and the clans that play with us (over 200 active). Not to mention the regular pubbers that like to join in. We need the ability to kick and ban players. Hacking is out of control. The worst I have seen since COD MW2. The hacks are free and no detection of using them. Fairfight is doing a good job of catching them but it is a slow process that seems to take a month to get rid of them and then the sanctions are not stiff enough.

Another thing is the priority. DICE has admitted they got it backwards and the next update with show RSP servers first and not the DICE official servers.

So yeah, it's all coming but at what cost? Most games have a shelf life of 3 to 6 months and then players stop and move on to something else and then get the next iteration of the game. The COD model. Release the game and announce what the next one will be in a year. Battlefield players tend to last longer but with the epic failures of BF Hardline and Star Wars Battlefront, DICE gamers are losing interest faster than ever. If t takes until March, the big question everyone needs to ask is not about RSP priority but who is left to play the game. My guys are already looking to move to ARMA 3.

As far as RCON goes, everything has to be rewritten for BF1. DICE can not use procon and it's plugin's and will not give player access to the RCON. They would have to pay and they would rather pay the employees to do it. Phogue does work for DICE but he is being very tight lipped about everything because he had to sign a None Disclosure Agreement. He does not visit the forums any more at PROCON and he does get on teamspeak from time to time to talk with his guys but they do not talk about the work he is doing. Yes there is some sort of rcon but we do not know how it was set up. I can not tell you that they can just add a simple plugin and puff it's done. My guess is they did not look that far. The took what they know from console games and gave us that set up. Simple and fast. Again my understanding is everything to do with RSP is being redone. To what capacity I do not know. We will all find out "SOON".

RSP to be updated at or before Spring DLC Patch
It looks like some things we should be getting:
6 player start instead of 20 player start
Password Protection
Kick / Ban
RSP priority over dice in the Quick Match selection
SA, ME and Southeast Asian servers for BF1 are in the final stages of deployment.

Post edited by Axlerod1 on

Comments

• iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Password Protection
    Kick / Ban
    SA, ME and Southeast Asian servers for BF1 are in the final stages of deployment.

Pending successful CTE testing I assume.

• MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 wrote: »
    Password Protection
    Kick / Ban

By the time all that stuff is added to the RSP the game might be dead. DICE's slow approach to the server situation is killing the community on BF1. No one even plays on rented servers at all on console.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    By the time all that stuff is added to the RSP the game might be dead. DICE's slow approach to the server situation is killing the community on BF1. No one even plays on rented servers at all on console.

Unfortunately I agree with you somewhat on this. Our BF4 server is pretty much full every day, our BF1 server has not even started a round.
    With the lack of platoon support and a fully functional RSP for BF1 I fear whatever comes next month may be too late.

• Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

In the CTE here. Current patch does not have these things.

What we do have is a map-vote thing that is being tested.

6 player start is confirmed to happen either way. But when it comes to actual admin things, nothing in RSP and I am not sure whether we will see it being tested there. Right now, nothing appears to aim at this.

The only thing I can say is that with a personal message exchange on twitter between me and Ali Hassoon he confirmed to me. Plugins/3rd party stuff is out of the question (we sort off knew this alread). However in-game features are the thing.

I quote "we aim to give way more proper features for server admins in-game instead of thirdparty plugins" - Ali Hassoon.

• Axlerod1
    1383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Axlerod1
  • Axlerod1
  • Axlerod1
    edited February 2017
  • Axlerod1
  • Jabaariyn
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the info!
  • AWOLCricket
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Great info, thank you.
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well Axlerod1 - in the end of the day you realized that its much faster to provide information than to write "have a look at twitter" below every other thread. keep up the good work mate. ;-) thank you.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Password Protection
    Kick / Ban

Actually none of the server stuff can be tested in CTE as we dont have rented CTE servers. Im trying to get screencaps etc if possible to sere what options there are and how they are configured. We shall see.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Password Protection
    Kick / Ban

That's usually because they cant find them and there is no QM traffic. hopefully the server browser fix (next patch from what i've heard) will help this.
  • NetRngr
    GIRL-mind wrote: »
    well Axlerod1 - in the end of the day you realized that its much faster to provide information than to write "have a look at twitter" below every other thread. keep up the good work mate. ;-) thank you.

Kinda damned if you do damned if you dont. We had a thread where all this was being posted but certain people griped because we were posting this info so I had the thread closed.
  • NetRngr
    edited February 2017
    Also to note there is a Feb patch as well, which I would expect sometime mid month, haven't seen a firm date yet. In relation to that:

• Axlerod1
    GIRL-mind wrote: »

actually all of this was in the other thread that got locked. You just never bothered to read any of it. Since we have to start again, we have to post again.
  • CrashCA
    1153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A question, will kick/ban be available to a list of admin or just the server owner ? Oh, and will he/they need to leave game to do it ?
  • Axlerod1
    They are testing kick/ban. It is expected to be seen in next RSP update but nothing is for certain.
  • Scratch-DoD-
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They are testing kick/ban. It is expected to be seen in next RSP update but nothing is for certain.

Nearly 4 months after release and they are "testing".....

I'll give you credit Axlerod1, you definitely try to look at this cluster **** of a game as a glass half full so to speak.......
This discussion has been closed.