SLI/Crossfire issues (Thread for discussion of sli/crossfire issues only)

Comments

• 0n3Gun3R
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Update for Nvidia SLI users:
    I noticed that the Antialiasing method TAA in the game drop the performances from about 150 fps to 100 fps because simply doesn't work fine with SLI.
    Leave it on FXAA high!

For issue with SLI that doesn't scale with the game go here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/972133/sli/battlefield-1-low-sli-gpu-usage/post/5079787/#5079787

You're month half late.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/551497/#Comment_551497
    VESPA5 wrote: »
    BF1 is just one of the many games in my video game library that plays better on a single card than in SLI. I'm reading the performance stats here on this thread and wondering to myself: "Wow. You're getting that in SLI when playing BF1? I'm getting the same exact performance with a single GTX 1080!" With Nvidia limiting the 10 series to more of a dual SLI configuration and so forth, it just seems clear that Nvidia just wants their customers to keep upgrading their GPUs in single card fashion as frequently as possible.

BF1 SLI works perfectly fine you need highly OC bneefy CPU like 6-10 core i7 and you will keep high stable framerate/usage

This is my 5960x 4.5 with 1080SLI usage at 1440 165z.
    PkusZBP.png
    Even my 5960 can buckle under pressure and GPU usage will drop granted its only slightly like in the 80s but im still pushing over 120 fps where in single GPU on ultra be lucky if i get 80fps.

A 4/8 i7 will bottleneck for sure regardless what gen or core clocks. This game plus driving multi GPU on 64 player server with all destruction is very demanding on CPU even more so if you want 100 plus fps.
    Post edited by 0n3Gun3R on
  • d3oneGeneral
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Brief description of issue: Flickering screen, FPS drops, low FPS
    GPU's: 2 x R9 280x gigabyte wf3
    Driver Version: 17.1.2
    Windows Version: 10 Profession
  • -GTC-Alberello
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    0n3Gun3R wrote: »
    I noticed that the Antialiasing method TAA in the game drop the performances from about 150 fps to 100 fps because simply doesn't work fine with SLI.
    Leave it on FXAA high!

For issue with SLI that doesn't scale with the game go here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/972133/sli/battlefield-1-low-sli-gpu-usage/post/5079787/#5079787

You're month half late.

BF1 is just one of the many games in my video game library that plays better on a single card than in SLI. I'm reading the performance stats here on this thread and wondering to myself: "Wow. You're getting that in SLI when playing BF1? I'm getting the same exact performance with a single GTX 1080!" With Nvidia limiting the 10 series to more of a dual SLI configuration and so forth, it just seems clear that Nvidia just wants their customers to keep upgrading their GPUs in single card fashion as frequently as possible.

BF1 SLI works perfectly fine you need highly OC bneefy CPU like 6-10 core i7 and you will keep high stable framerate/usage

PkusZBP.png
    Even my 5960 can buckle under pressure and GPU usage will drop granted its only slightly like in the 80s but im still pushing over 120 fps where in single GPU on ultra be lucky if i get 80fps.

A 4/8 i7 will bottleneck for sure regardless what gen or core clocks. This game plus driving multi GPU on 64 player server with all destruction is very demanding on CPU even more so if you want 100 plus fps.

Thanks for info, but I bought the PC this week and after a couple of days of search was able to find only tons of unanswered threads or fix that doesn't work for me.
    When I found the problem with TAA I updated all opened/unanswered threads fo help the future victims... ;)
    Regards.
  • travkink
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GPU's: 2 x Asus ROG STRIX OC GTX1080
    CPU: i7-4790k
    RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR @1600Mhz
    Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IV Ranger
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb
    Driver Version: 378.49
    Windows Version: 10 Professional x64

On low setting i get 120-125fps and anything between Medium and Ultra i cant go over 50-55 fps. I know sli isnt supported very well but surely it shouldnt affect FPS that much
  • LOPa99
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    travkink wrote: »

On low setting i get 120-125fps and anything between Medium and Ultra i cant go over 50-55 fps. I know sli isnt supported very well but surely it shouldnt affect FPS that much

Hi mate,

Try renderdevice.renderaheadlimit with values from 0-4. For me works fine renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 4.
    Post Processing to LOW

I get 120 solid with 2x980ti and 135% Res Scale all HIGH less PostPreccesing on LOW

What GPU's usage are you getting?

Are you CPU overclocked? You could try to remove 2 sticks of RAM to see if it makes any difference...... and run the game on DUAL channel.....

And sorry but SLI setting runs smooth like butter.... try to play with differents settings.....

Cheers
    Post edited by LOPa99 on
  • travkink
    edited February 2017
    LOPa99 wrote: »

Hi mate,

Try renderdevice.renderaheadlimit with values from 0-4. For me works fine renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 4.
    Post Processing to LOW

I get 120 solid with 2x980ti and 135% Res Scale all HIGH less PostPreccesing on LOW

What GPU's usage are you getting?

Are you CPU overclocked? You could try to remove 2 sticks of RAM to see if it makes any difference...... and run the game on DUAL channel.....

And sorry but SLI setting runs smooth like butter.... try to play with differents settings.....

Cheers

That's bud

Ive only tried the commands you suggested and it went all the way up to 100ish, so far cpu is at 4.8ghz and shall try removing ram to see if it gives any fps gains. What resolution are you using by the way LOPa99?

I am getting 80%+ for usage of GPU and 60%+ for CPU which is 4790k 4ghz and 4.8ghz set in turbo

Update 2: tried removing the Ram to see if anything would become of it, nothing happened with either channels isolated
    Post edited by travkink on
  • chibiaznflipboi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Brief description of issue: GPU 1 usage of 70% max and gpu 2 usage 55% usage max. Game running at ultra at 3440x1440 on a 34" 100hz monitor. FPS max is 75 and dips below 50
    GPU's: 2 x 980
    Windows Version: 10 Professional
    CPU: I7 4790K at 4.0 ghz

I've tried clean uninstall and re-install via DDU. I've tried the adding userconfig:
    gametime.maxvariablefps 144
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
    Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8

but both of those are in vain. average gpu usage is around 55%
  • travkink
    Thats unfortunate chibiaznflipboi, i reinstalled BF1 and now getting 120+ fps with everything on ultra 2560 x 1440 with 144hz monitor. Have you tried RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0?
  • -GTC-Alberello
    Brief description of issue: GPU 1 usage of 70% max and gpu 2 usage 55% usage max. Game running at ultra at 3440x1440 on a 34" 100hz monitor. FPS max is 75 and dips below 50
    GPU's: 2 x 980
    Windows Version: 10 Professional
    CPU: I7 4790K at 4.0 ghz

I've tried clean uninstall and re-install via DDU. I've tried the adding userconfig:
    gametime.maxvariablefps 144
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
    Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8

but both of those are in vain. average gpu usage is around 55%

Try this:

1. Reboot in safe mode and use DDU from there to unistall the drivers.
    2. Install the version 378.57 hotfix from here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-378.57
    3. Enable SLI and the correct refresh of the monitor from Nvidia control panel.
    4. Disable TAA from the BF1 graphic options
    5. Test the game

If still not working, try to reinstall the game or set all the game configurations to their default values.
  • chibiaznflipboi
    Thats unfortunate chibiaznflipboi, i reinstalled BF1 and now getting 120+ fps with everything on ultra 2560 x 1440 with 144hz monitor. Have you tried RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0?

I haven't set it to 0 yet. that'll be another test i will try to do. Thank you very much!

Try this:

2. Install the version 378.57 hotfix from here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-378.57
    5. Test the game

If still not working, try to reinstall the game or set all the game configurations to their default values.

I will try this as soon as possible. I'll get back as soon as I have tested it. Thank you

• -GTC-Alberello

I haven't set it to 0 yet. that'll be another test i will try to do. Thank you very much!

Try this:

5. Test the game

I will try this as soon as possible. I'll get back as soon as I have tested it. Thank you

Use FXAA high instead.
  • chibiaznflipboi
    So, I've tried the clean uninstall and re-install of the drivers, specifically version 378.57. It increased my FPS to 80 max. So instead I uninstalled the game and re-installed it. I'm getting around avg 90 fps. I'll see what else i can do. I might try the userconfig RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0
  • toxilox
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The flickering is worse again

• -GTC-Alberello
    toxilox wrote: »

I noticed the problem yesterday again ... but only in menus.
  • DeathStr0ke_DC
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Damn, guess I wont be installing the game again for the winter patch.

What NVIDIA Driver is this by the way?
  • -GTC-Alberello

Damn, guess I wont be installing the game again for the winter patch.

What NVIDIA Driver is this by the way?

For me the "Hot Fix driver version 378.57"

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-378.57
  • DrBobD34th
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
  • -GTC-Alberello
  • ZiP1965
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Leave it on FXAA high!

You're month half late.

PkusZBP.png

I have 5960x 2x1080 cards running on 1440p and game to me feels like crap .High fps most of the time yet game feels like its playing at 30 fps when its showing 100 + ,But after this patch the fps as been killed ..

Looks like this is never going to be fixed the game after winter patch as nothing in it to fix the problem with SLI , Game feels like crap set to high or even mid setting @ 1440p with 2 1080 cards ,This is not right ....

Dice just dont know how to optimise there games ..
  • -GTC-Alberello
    IIIZiPIII wrote: »
    Leave it on FXAA high!

You're month half late.

PkusZBP.png

I have 5960x 2x1080 cards running on 1440p and game to me feels like crap .High fps most of the time yet game feels like its playing at 30 fps when its showing 100 + ,But after this patch the fps as been killed ..

Looks like this is never going to be fixed the game after winter patch as nothing in it to fix the problem with SLI , Game feels like crap set to high or even mid setting @ 1440p with 2 1080 cards ,This is not right ....

Dice just dont know how to optimise there games ..

Unfortunately it's not so easy, and there are a lot of variable in a system apart from NVidia or DICE that can made your actual configuration doesn't work well with a particular game. I spent a week for made the system working fine (re-installing it several times) with SLI and at the end it wasn't the problem from the game or from the NVidia driver because I solved using the same.
    If you still having problems with SLI scaling with BF1 try this and let me know:

2. Install the version 378.57 hotfix from here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-378.57 (today the 378.66 come out http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/115492/en-us )
    3. Check SLI is enabled and the correct refresh of the monitor from Nvidia control panel.
    4. DON'T TOUCH ANY SETTING FROM NVIDIA PANEL EXCEPT ENABLING G-SYNC IF AVAILABLE AND SETTING THE MONITOR REFRESH
    5. Disable TAA from the BF1 graphic options ( USE FXAA High instead)
    6. Test the game

If still not working:

1. Install OS
    2. Install "Software Installation Utility Intel_Chipset_Win7-81-10_V10.1.1.42"
    3. Install "MEI_Win7-81-10_V11601026"
    4. Install "IRST_Win7-81-10_V15201020"
    5. Install "AUDIO drivers
    6. Install "Intel_LAN_Driver_....
    7. Install NVIDIA "GeForce Hot Fix driver version 378.57"
    8. DON'T TOUCH ANY SETTING FROM NVIDIA PANEL EXCEPT ENABLING G-SYNC IF AVAILABLE AND SETTING THE MONITOR REFRESH
    9. Install BF1 Disable TAA from the BF1 graphic options ( USE FXAA High instead)
    10. Test the game