why do i die so effing fast?

JBModz1
380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
it seems like all guns have a ohk potential from all ranges in some matches. one game it goes ok then the next im dead before the animation of them shooting even happens.

Comments

• Prep768
    3479 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some games (one cracker last night) I'll end up with 0.25 k/d - then other games it's normal.
    Why? No idea
  • firemsn
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yeah, I am getting a LOT of OHKs on me. Is there some setup to make them take less damage while doing more that I am missing? I did 3 bursts into a guys back to have him spin and on shot me, he had 33% left. Another I bursted a guy 3 or 4 times, he one shots me with a pistol, 80% healthy. WTMF?
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was having issues where it seems like I was always dying from one shot and it seemed like I was shooting them a ton. Changed my tv picture settings to game mode and it seriously improved my game performance. It seems like I have more time to shoot or turn around when being shot now. My Kd has risen steadily since. Worth a shot for you if you aren't doing this already.
  • firemsn
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I went through a video posted, tv at game mode, blurring off, etc etc. Some help, not much.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To op and others.

Its the epic connections of some players. / servers.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Or you might be getting hit by multiple players at the same time.
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I feel OP's pain. I regularly have matches like this.
    I also agree with VBall as quite often I am engaged with one guy but the killcam shows someone completely different. Some games it seems no matter what I do this happens and I continually get wrecked LOL.
    However there are plenty of matches where it is just one on one and I am dead before it shows them shooting and the sound arrives after I am down as well. I have put it down to lag, but it is frustrating.
    Every now and then I will strike a game where everything works smoothly and it is so much fun actually engaging in firefights, so I keep coming back :)
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was just writing something similar in another thread in re: to Support Class

No matter what class, in the last week I have gotten my butt handed to me sometimes for lack of registering hits/multiple hits to kill or just getting blasted as soon as I spawn or as soon as I see somebody. Figured it was just a crappy slump but I'm thinking maybe it's server load or OoR because have gone onto other servers and everything seemed normal.
  • sharkeyfinn
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yep, been having the same since day 1
  • JBModz1
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    its just doesnt make sense to die from mp18 from 50 yards from a double tap, specially when im alread full auto into a guy 10 yards away with a hellriegel, and im dead before i get the kill. network wise, why are the packets of me dying arriving before the packets of them shooting, hearing their gun shoot and me taking damage. then again i had a match today where i was on the giving end of this. i had a streak where 3 guys were shooting me at once but i lived through it and killed all 3.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JBModz1 wrote: »
    its just doesnt make sense to die from mp18 from 50 yards from a double tap, specially when im alread full auto into a guy 10 yards away with a hellriegel, and im dead before i get the kill. network wise, why are the packets of me dying arriving before the packets of them shooting, hearing their gun shoot and me taking damage. then again i had a match today where i was on the giving end of this. i had a streak where 3 guys were shooting me at once but i lived through it and killed all 3.

Are you playing with wifi? And your modem is 1km away?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    llIBertIll wrote: »
    I also agree with VBall as quite often I am engaged with one guy but the killcam shows someone completely different. Some games it seems no matter what I do this happens and I continually get wrecked LOL.
    However there are plenty of matches where it is just one on one and I am dead before it shows them shooting and the sound arrives after I am down as well. I have put it down to lag, but it is frustrating.
    Every now and then I will strike a game where everything works smoothly and it is so much fun actually engaging in firefights, so I keep coming back :)

This is why I think they need to show on the kill feed assists as well, like in CSGO. At least then you can truly know if more than one person was hitting you.
  • JBModz1

right, on the matches that go well is it because everything was working or because you were the untouchable player thats not taking damage? theres always that one guy. and if so, what determines who is the untouchabke guy? and what determines if youre the guy with the blimp sized head that dies from a headshot all match long? this is what we all want to figure out.

• SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

right, on the matches that go well is it because everything was working or because you were the untouchable player thats not taking damage? theres always that one guy. and if so, what determines who is the untouchabke guy? and what determines if youre the guy with the blimp sized head that dies from a headshot all match long? this is what we all want to figure out.

Lol. Might be your connections. I don't get any problems killing people. I'm very consistent with my kill count every match.
  • Reaper_AeS1
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    it seems like all guns have a ohk potential from all ranges in some matches. one game it goes ok then the next im dead before the animation of them shooting even happens.

Could be a number of factors. Connection, lobbies, etc. Are you playing core or hardcore?
  • JBModz1

Could be a number of factors. Connection, lobbies, etc. Are you playing core or hardcore?

vanilla
  • sharkeyfinn
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hey jb, i did a post a bit similar to you a few weeks back, i dont know how many hours you have, but someone said to me that you need at least 60 - 80 hours play time, and i have to say they were spot on, that is roughly the amount of time it takes to become familiar with the maps,and that is the key point, dont get me wrong, im still having my butt handed to me on a regular basis,,but that is the nature of this bf1 beast, the weapons are brutal,long or short range, and im still certain there are some net code issues, but take my word for it, play time is what its all about, and will make the game far more enjoyable . stick with it bud :-)
  • beerme-n0w
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm old now, been playing FPS's since COD1 on pc.

It's all about your connection.
  • McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    beerme-n0w wrote: »
    I'm old now, been playing FPS's since COD1 on pc.

It's all about your connection.

I agree there could be networkissues. But to say it is all about I don't believe.

I had this friend who thought he was awesome at every game he played. Well his mind just could see things that where untrue. Things as I got shot before the sound arrives while every other person knew he was wrong. We soon rzalized not to go into this ****. So the mind is a funny thing. Just because there are people having conectionissues there will be others who's mind just can't handle reality.

Now on he other hand if you are sure about your case I advise to record it so you have proof. This is the only way ànyone from development will start lookinh for a bug. As they probably consider this a ghost.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OP, use the server browser to guarantee you only play on servers in your region. Setup your PS4 with a static IP and DMZ it in your router with a wired connection. Then run some ping tests to confirm you don't have a crappy isp.

If all that checks out, LEAVE THE SERVER. That's the only solution I've ever found to combat BF's terrible netcode.

The rule I developed after my time in BF4, and carried over into BF1, is 3 OHKs and I'm gone. Trying to battle bullet sponges with insta-kill bars is not my idea of fun.

I'll tough it out if I'm playing with friends and sometime it gets better. It's usually a few players, most likely OOR, dragging down a server and turning it to s***. Once they drop, things tend to improve. But it's so random, I won't tolerate it playing solo.

Finally, if you find a server with a good connection, favorite it that way you can return to it.

This discussion has been closed.