Hate speech

Mellanbjarven
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I am sick of all hate speech in chat, avatars, etc.
Everywhere I look it's antisemitism, racism and sexism.
A few people makes this culture of hate speech grow and grow.
Why wont EA do anything about it? How can you let this happen?

Comments

• I_LET_ROUNDS_GO
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love killing those type of people, it makes the kill more satisfying.
  • ibossdfg
    5 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mostly opinions. Nobody forces you to come out of your safespace and get on these forums.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's people that need attention by making provocative names. Who cares, they still die the same
  • ThePunisher_be
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some people have no moral compass whatsoever.

Although it wasn't hate speech, a guy who picked up a flamethrower kit on Argonne and who I clubbed to death just as he was going to enter the American bunkers, stated afterwards that my mother should die of cancer. I said that wasn't nice at all and asked him if he lost family members of cancer. He replied negatively, but he wished that would happen to me.

I have no problem being insulted ("Sticks and stones yada yada"), however, wishing someone to die of a horrible disease is something I can't comprehend. That means you don't recognize the essence of another human being, which is simply worrying.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Being bothered about others is on you, it will always exist no matter what.
    Learn to deal with it or don't play.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This is what you do to beat it.

Ignore it.

Seriously, the less it bothers you the less they do it.

Also genetics and biology teaches that race doesn't exist, hence racism is a social construct and can easily be ignored.
    Sexism will always exist when its a game dominated by males, in reality it isn't actually sexism but the social construct of how males have to be manly.

The anti-semitism thing is supposed to be a joke because you fight germans in a war yet they fail to realize that, this is the first world war which was before the third reich existed so it just comes out as ignorance.

TL;DR Stop caring about trivial text said in a game. Don't censor people, it never ends well.
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Foamcow wrote: »
    ibossdfg wrote: »
    Mostly opinions. Nobody forces you to come out of your safespace and get on these forums.

So everyone should just live with it because lolz? As a counter argument, nobody forces people to be an **** to strangers but they still act like one and think it's funny.

How about the OP got on the forum to try and change things because they think it's a situation that sucks and that we, as decent folk, shouldn't have to put up with the **** that some people think it's clever to spout.

Sjw snowflake

Decency and common manners isn't weakness. Do you think it is? What does that say about you as a person? Feel good? Big man.

Yes and yes kiddo
  • The_Warminds
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I recently saw a funny video of someone who calls everyone a "SJW snowflake" being punched in the mouth because they didn't realize you can't really act like an **** IRL like you can on the internet. SAD! You can probably google it with "**** gets punched." That being said, depending on what platform you're on you can disable shared content. I always found it a strange design choice to allow players to add content to a game that clearly emphasizes a controlled experience.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some people have no moral compass whatsoever.

Although it wasn't hate speech, a guy who picked up a flamethrower kit on Argonne and who I clubbed to death just as he was going to enter the American bunkers, stated afterwards that my mother should die of cancer. I said that wasn't nice at all and asked him if he lost family members of cancer. He replied negatively, but he wished that would happen to me.

I have no problem being insulted ("Sticks and stones yada yada"), however, wishing someone to die of a horrible disease is something I can't comprehend. That means you don't recognize the essence of another human being, which is simply worrying.

Agreed. After watching my dad die of cancer last year I can say I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Anyone that uses it as an insult better remember that karma is a b****.

Indeed
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    I just turn off chat ingame if it starts to get a bit obnoxious (press H I think), but sometimes you can have a good laugh with enemy players if you cheer them up and be nice when their team is taking a pasting.

Unfortunately, 90% of the human race are just bottom-holes, especially when hidden behind a monitor.

It never used to bother me much, but as I get older, I've discovered that unpleasant behaviour has become the norm rather than the exception. It's easy to get frustrated in this game, especially on Operations where stalled attacks and total routs are becoming more common simply because many players refuse (or don't know how to) adapt to the current in game situation.

I remember spending an afternoon on the Middle East operations helping the enemy team use the Dreadnought to full effect and how the torpedo boats can be used to travel all the way around the fortress to attack points from the rear in the first two sectors, rather than just heading straight from spawn to flag only to get cut down by snipers and mortars.
  • BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    I hope the RSP program will be released soon that we can play on clan servers again with rules and admins.
    It is a good feeling to play on a server where several admins are playing too, they just warn people that speak inappropriate or offensive or racist, if they do it again they will be kicked, if they come back they will be banned.
    At the moment it doesn't make sense to rent servers as a clan, because only one admin can control the server.
    So we can just report them or turn the chat off.
    Clan servers back in the good old BF4 days were so much better.
    You could also report someone in the clan forum, the clan members would take a look in the chat log files and guess what???
    The answered you if the person is banned or not. They even have ban lists in BF4.
    If you report someone via Origin you don't know what is happening afterwards.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do you survive on the internet if everything is always offending you? Just ignore it and move on with your life or report it in game if it's that serious of a problem to you.

"Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB"
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Being bothered about others is on you, it will always exist no matter what.
    Learn to deal with it or don't play.

Or.. And this is a wild solution...

OR... He could report it as it is inappropriate and offensive ( as it should be ).

That is a wild solution as the op said how is this being allowed by EA, clearly nothing being done or he wouldn't be here with his issue ;)

Best to just ignore.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    stripes904 wrote: »
    I love killing those type of people, it makes the kill more satisfying.

Well you dont kill people. You kill digital character. Do you want a medal or a cookie ?

And OP next time you should think twice before going online. Honestly people are so soft these days and get offended by everything !
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am sick of all hate speech in chat, avatars, etc.
    Everywhere I look it's antisemitism, racism and sexism.
    A few people makes this culture of hate speech grow and grow.
    Why wont EA do anything about it? How can you let this happen?

Horrible people are always going to be horrible. There's more horrible people in the world today and there's more of them on the internet today.
    10 - 15 years ago game chat wasn't this rancid. People would speak to each other pretty decently. Most people would say hi at the start of a round and wish each other good luck. At the end of a round people would trash talk and chat, laugh and joke etc but nothing to the extent of racism etc. You'd get the odd idiot sure but now it seems they are the majority and not the minority. Back then though we also had adult admins keeping the servers in good order and free from mor0ns - not that there were many because people conducted themselves better. I remember playing some games and playing on the same servers for years with the same faces. Now it's all random servers, random people, vile comments.
    Gaming has changed and so have people. I can't say any of it has been for the better looking at it. It's like we're taking steps backwards - in both departments.
    Best thing to do when you find yourself in servers like that is either quietly wait out the idiots until they get bored and leave or go find somewhere else to play. It's just not worth rising to them. I think most of the idiots are 10 year olds because at least in the UK, you can play decent games up until about 3pm then it goes to cr4p until about midnight when the quality picks back up. Coincidence?
This discussion has been closed.