Elite codices

Comments

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    iSinflux wrote: »
    Just completed the Automatico one. You just get XP. Didn't see any new weapon, skin, or altered dog tag. :/

So was it worth it? I mean...you were going to get 500 kills anyway...but if the only reason you used that weapon was to unlock the codex, was it worth it?
  • iSinflux
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hawcer wrote: »
    Just completed the Automatico one. You just get XP. Didn't see any new weapon, skin, or altered dog tag. :/

So was it worth it? I mean...you were going to get 500 kills anyway...but if the only reason you used that weapon was to unlock the codex, was it worth it?

In all honesty, the Automatico has been my favorite weapon since day one, so it being one with an Elite Codex was a plus. It's worth it for the XP. Took me maybe 6-7 hours to complete it. (with breaks) I had read many people say that you could unlock an "elite" version, so that peaked my curiosity. Honestly, the reward should be unlocking it as an all class weapon. I would play Medic WAY more. And that gives more incentive to mix your classes up for a few hundred kills to use a gun you like o a different class.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017

In all honesty, the Automatico has been my favorite weapon since day one, so it being one with an Elite Codex was a plus. It's worth it for the XP. Took me maybe 6-7 hours to complete it. (with breaks) I had read many people say that you could unlock an "elite" version, so that peaked my curiosity. Honestly, the reward should be unlocking it as an all class weapon. I would play Medic WAY more. And that gives more incentive to mix your classes up for a few hundred kills to use a gun you like o a different class.

I just had a picture flash through my head of a revive train of medics all in one trench with automaticos.

No thank you.
  • kekcroc
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

good lord man, Supports with Automaticos will be the cheese to end all cheese in this game.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Did you already have the legendary skin for it before you completed it?
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    sg2434 wrote: »

I just had a picture flash through my head of a revive train of medics all in one trench with automaticos.

No thank you.

Nailed it!
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yeah all the medic guns are ****, its like having two scout classes expect ones got a needle and the other has a flare gun.
  • iSinflux
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Did you already have the legendary skin for it before you completed it?

Yes.
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

good to know, I'm going to leave my 8 elites at 490ish until they add the next 10 ranks :D crank on a boost and get a solid 400,000xp
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    So it really is just a codex and some xp? So I don't complain a lot on here, but why DICE instead of fixing things, did you put a stupid card that no one will care about, that gives you some xp?
  • iSinflux
    So it really is just a codex and some xp? So I don't complain a lot on here, but why DICE instead of fixing things, did you put a stupid card that no one will care about, that gives you some xp?

" History Lessons "
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

" History Lessons "

They can kiss it. I was cool with the idea based on making my smle look sexy. Instead they added an "elite" codex? How about you fix the black screen so I can stop bumping black screen fix thread dice. Can't fix stuff but you can add some lame xp crap to the game
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So, I'm gonna get some XP I don't even care about and a tl;dr version of a Wikipedia article when I get that extra 500 kills with my G95? Not cool.
  • HardAimedKid
    So, I'm gonna get some XP I don't even care about and a tl;dr version of a Wikipedia article when I get that extra 500 kills with my G95? Not cool.

Yeah and I don't care a whole lot about skins. I was just lead to believe that if you got 500 with one of those 8 you'd get a legendary skin or something for it. The annoying thing to me is working on creating these stupid codex cards when they could work on crap that actually needs addressed. Who cares about xp? Lol
  • ShoorVeer
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    elite weapon codex just gives you a paragraph to read and nothing else, I have completed M1918
  • iSinflux
    An elite version of the gold tag would have been something.
    ShoorVeer wrote: »
    elite weapon codex just gives you a paragraph to read and nothing else, I have completed M1918

Watch the plot twist be "After completing all eight, you get the choice of 1 elite variant, and gold text for your favorite codex"
  • buddyboy911
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    seriously...... Now I do not care. I mean I am not that big into skins, but having a unlockable elite skin was still something to work towards to.

If it is just a silly medal/codex and no skin then I am pissed
  • Krajlo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So of the weapons:
    M1897 Trench Gun
    Automatico M1918
    Selbstlader M1916
    M1907 SL
    Gewehr M.95
    Madsen MG
    SMLE MKIII
    Benet Mercie

I'd probably at most bother with the Sebstlader M1916 and Gewehr M.95. Even those two won't see me probably doing it for like a year mostly because I don't much like the M1916 (especially when compared to my 1906), I don't like playing Scout even if the Gewehr M.95 Is fantastic and I also don't want them beating my damn Luger in my top kills since I want to get that as my 2nd best weapon next to the 1906.

Does it have to be automatico trench? Cant i use storm?
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Krajlo wrote: »
    So of the weapons:
    M1897 Trench Gun
    Automatico M1918
    Selbstlader M1916
    M1907 SL
    Gewehr M.95
    Madsen MG
    SMLE MKIII
    Benet Mercie

I'd probably at most bother with the Sebstlader M1916 and Gewehr M.95. Even those two won't see me probably doing it for like a year mostly because I don't much like the M1916 (especially when compared to my 1906), I don't like playing Scout even if the Gewehr M.95 Is fantastic and I also don't want them beating my damn Luger in my top kills since I want to get that as my 2nd best weapon next to the 1906.

Any variant will do. I did the M95 one with the carbine.
  • Krajlo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Krajlo wrote: »
    So of the weapons:
    M1897 Trench Gun
    Automatico M1918
    Selbstlader M1916
    M1907 SL
    Gewehr M.95
    Madsen MG
    SMLE MKIII
    Benet Mercie

Any variant will do. I did the M95 one with the carbine.