Anyone else feel particularly frustrated with the Winter Update given the feedback DICE asked for?

Comments

• TheQue
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DICE is more worried about fixing what they think is wrong than what the community is screaming about at the top of their lungs. The spawn after revive glitch is still there, the RSP is still useless with the 20 person minimum to start. Dice isn't listening to their community, just their marketing people.

Extremely disappointed in the patch, much to do about not a damn thing.

This is what happens when your lead engineer is also the product manager @Striterax . Seriously, we had a stint like this in my company as well. You need someone making priority decisions based on customer feedback, not what "you" think is good or cool.

TheQue
  • DrakeCasanova
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are crazy. I love support. My BAR is deadly. Never use the bipod either because I don't like having my **** in th dirt. Player base has valuable input HAHA. You mean player base crys alot. Fix bugs and leave the rest alone.

No leave them alone. Learn to play and put you mask on if needed. There is no problem with them other than going through walls. The people who cry over gas never played bfh where you had to equip the mask as a gadget. So if you didn't have it and got caught in gas you were screwed. If they somehow drop it to 1 , I say put mask as a gadget you have to equip.

Agreed on both points. Support is still crazy good. The "nerf" was a 14% horizontal increase, that means the Bar storm went from .182 to .208 each side, barely noticeable and certainly not worth crying about.

And if you only give people 1 gas grenade you may as well just get rid of them. Why would you use them over incendiary at that point? Gas is the only grenade that you can easily counter just by putting on a mask. They decreased the duration by 32% and people are still complaining. Unbelievable.

• Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    This thread is the perfect example of 'rose tinted glasses', or how some people feel the need to complain about everything at every time:

Pre-patch: "deez game is sooo boring and stupid, will die in 2 months!!! Back to BF4!!!!".
    Post-patch: "the game was fine!!! Why did you touch anything???".

I appreciate constructive complaints, but we all know that's a rare thing around here.
  • M0istGamer
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yessssss yesssss good feel the hate reeling through your veins.

I'm not here to agree or disagree with anyone but I was attracted by the hatred and I'm feeding off it like a leech on your undersacks
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    M0istGamer wrote: »
    Yessssss yesssss good feel the hate reeling through your veins.

I'm not here to agree or disagree with anyone but I was attracted by the hatred and I'm feeding off it like a leech on your undersacks

I was wondering what that itch was from last night!
  • KBLF-FOIZY
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    In term of coding,

I'm computer engineer/test engineer, worked in test-environment in many companies.
    Long enough to know that for many products in this world.
    If the bug is important, or clearly seen by customer, or reported by customer, (Called Customer found defect)
    3 years of knowledge-base(Since BF4) + 4 months of fix-time (since BF1) with no visible progress is very very bad
    in my term of competency. ... And by somehow the same problem recurring again in each franchise that use same engine.
    I'd say that it is a "Regression Problem" which is also really bad if they need that much time to fix.

If I'm not using word competency, then somehow DICE has their problem in prioritizing their bug.

In term of weapon balancing.

Balancing FPS-genre game that targeted many platform is "Required" to be done according to the platform.
    You'll say that even some casual game (O...) balancing is difference for PC/XBOX/PS.

How balancing "Globally" works if
    - One platform use Joystick+AutoAIM (where recoil/snap/handling greatly affect AIM assist)
    - Another platform use Mouse with manual-mouse-recoil-compensation
    It won't ... Balancing toward PC players will make Joystick player AIM too easy or too powerful (eg, sweetspot + aim assist = 1 hit kill in controlled distance)
    and balancing toward PS/XBox players will make some gun too hard to be used. (low damage, high bullet drop)
    And IF balancing not toward any platform, you'll get an average gun, which is not good on both platform.

However, I don't mind nerfing or buffing any guns at all. It just about re-learning how to use that gun.
    But the way they do balancing (one-size-fit-all) is not that good.

In term of constructive comment.

How long you'll be able to provide constructive comment without whining if the developer won't do fixing ?
    Let say you buy something and it didn't work as it should. You'll make a complain or make a refund.
    Earlier, I put a lot of effort in terms of constructive.... And did they do anything to those comments ? NO.
    Many forum users here once provide constructive comment. How they become rude is clearly easy to understand.

(RSP which is committed that will have more region in January ?, Programmable/Scriptable server management tools ?,
    Working server browsers, which works well in BF4/H, and then removed... Spectator mode for Operation?... Cheating, invisible character - with only gun?)
    One biggest thing is Nvidia LEAK problem, https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error-nvidia-still-no-fix-do-you-care-22-11-16-18-57-cest/p532 ... 500 pages of comments and whining .... :D It must be something wrong if you didn't notice.
    (NVidia Problem can be blamed by both parties ... But their drivers have much less problem in other games. Why? Because of Nvidia or because of Frostbite ? )

And yes, I moved to other games. But I pay 60$ for a full-of-bugs-since-day-1 game and also love this franchise, I,still, want to comeback. But winter patch that I hope something will be fixed is not coming.

And refund is not an option (2 hours of gameplay, you will take more than that to realized that it is a full-of-bug game)
    Post edited by KBLF-FOIZY on
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    Where are the small conquest options , or longer ticket times for domination, i mean come on 3-8mins a round. Spend more time loading in and out. Its like you took everything you've learnt throughout all the other bf games and threw it all away for better graphics.
  • TheQue
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    From a coding standpoint, some of the items are so trivial, I am just amazed they have not done it. I mean, they changed the server start on the fly a few weeks after launch. It is clearly an easy thing to set it to 6 people. They HAD Quick Match working until the "fix" to a problem only one YouTuber reported (sometimes QM would send you to a custom server), on the weekend of Thanksgiving. These things should have been addressed already. Again, letting the engineer determine the priorities on what HE likes is bad business. There is a position called Product Manager in all software firms; either hire some or let them do their jobs...

TheQue
  • Sharpshooter2009
    51 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So here's one thing I'm noticing in this discussion. There are some players who are upset "at all the whiners" here and have been very clear about that. But those same people are not necessarily admitting that they really like anything about the current state of the game. In other words, they're not really debating with those who have legit frustrations; they're just saying the "whiners" are not right. Here's the problem. You can't come in here, say the "whiners" are not right, and give no reasoning for why the game is better with the ongoing bugs. It means you either like BF1 with the current bugs and unfixed major problems that players gave feedback on, you don't actually understand game mechanics, you work for DICE, or you have some weird **** preoccupation with pointing out other people give feedback and that annoys you.

If you're going to come in here and troll about "whiners", you need to be able to give a defense for why the game is fine as is, not because we disagree with you, but because DICE DISAGREES WITH YOU based on statements made for the past 3 months!!! DICE asked for the feedback because they realized there were fixes that needed to be made. Even after asking for what needed to be improved, those improvements did not take top priority. In complaining about whiners and trying to defend DICE, you are going against DICE's original plans made clear to the playerbase. If you want to give constructive feedback, fine. If you're here to somehow defend the current state of the game, go ahead. Otherwise, stop trolling and get out
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Community: "WE WANT PATCHES AND WE WANT THEM NOW"

Dice: *Drops Patch and even has a livestream about it*

Community: "OMG THIS SUCKS WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A PATCH?!?!? YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID!!!! YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT US BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

* me; you lot are a disgrace.

Mmkay except that's not the issue at hand. The playerbase was asking for a patch, but DICE asked the playerbase what improvements they wanted in the patch. Playerbase responded with enthusiasm. DICE dropped patch, which addressed about 5% of severe issues and actually made some things that were fine worse. Put it this way: if this were the workplace and this were a project, DICE would be fired.

Here's a more accurate representation of what happened:

Dad (DICE): Hey son! Me and your mom (EA) have heard you, and we agree that you should have a car since you'll be turning 16 this year. What kind of car would you like?

Son (Playerbase): Gee dad! That's awful nice! I don't need anything special, but I would like something that works :) It needs to get me from point A to point B, go fast when I need it to, and have minimal maintenance issues. I guess just a Toyota Corolla would be just swell.

Dad: Great! Me and your mom will look into right away, son.

3 MONTHS LATER

Dad: Son, Happy Birthday! As promised we have a gift for you. We know we asked you what you wanted in a car, so we put in the order, went through the paperwork, budgeted the expenses and bought you a brand new bike! We also changed the headlights on your mom's car, but you probably won't notice that. Oh by the way, we slightly deflated your back tire and removed the air nozzle so you can't refill it, and added a bell to the handlebars so you can more easily warn others you are behind them; but we slightly tampered with the bell to ring only twice every time you use it. And oh, we're even going to have a Skype meeting with your friends later today to show off what we got you!

Son: But...why did you ask me what I wanted in a car if you were just going to buy me a bike? It hits some of my criteria, but it can't go fast with the back tire permanently below-average. Why did you ask what I wanted, go a completely different direction, and then upset some of the things that make the bike work properly? It just makes you look like a ****.

Dad: Did I mention the bike can be folded up to fit in small spaces?

This is an very fitting analogy.
  • disposalist
    8994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    CnConrad wrote: »

Community: "OMG THIS SUCKS WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A PATCH?!?!? YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID!!!! YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT US BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Mmkay except that's not the issue at hand. The playerbase was asking for a patch, but DICE asked the playerbase what improvements they wanted in the patch. Playerbase responded with enthusiasm. DICE dropped patch, which addressed about 5% of severe issues and actually made some things that were fine worse. Put it this way: if this were the workplace and this were a project, DICE would be fired.

Dad (DICE): Hey son! Me and your mom (EA) have heard you, and we agree that you should have a car since you'll be turning 16 this year. What kind of car would you like?

Son (Playerbase): Gee dad! That's awful nice! I don't need anything special, but I would like something that works :) It needs to get me from point A to point B, go fast when I need it to, and have minimal maintenance issues. I guess just a Toyota Corolla would be just swell.

3 MONTHS LATER

Dad: Son, Happy Birthday! As promised we have a gift for you. We know we asked you what you wanted in a car, so we put in the order, went through the paperwork, budgeted the expenses and bought you a brand new bike! We also changed the headlights on your mom's car, but you probably won't notice that. Oh by the way, we slightly deflated your back tire and removed the air nozzle so you can't refill it, and added a bell to the handlebars so you can more easily warn others you are behind them; but we slightly tampered with the bell to ring only twice every time you use it. And oh, we're even going to have a Skype meeting with your friends later today to show off what we got you!

Son: But...why did you ask me what I wanted in a car if you were just going to buy me a bike? It hits some of my criteria, but it can't go fast with the back tire permanently below-average. Why did you ask what I wanted, go a completely different direction, and then upset some of the things that make the bike work properly? It just makes you look like a ****.

Not really. Dad got you a Porsche and has upgraded the alloys, put in a phone charger and polishes it every week for you and you do nothing but moan about the chair squeaking and the cup holding sticking.

Sure, getting a Porsche you expect a working cup holder and a squeakless chair, but Dad will sort that out eventually. In the meantime, stop moaning, enjoy your Porsche and be a bit more respectful to your loving parent, hmm?
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    DICE can't fix the revive glitch(I am guessing) because it is deep in the Frostbite engine code, they keep building on top of.

Been seeing some form of this same glitch in all their games since BF3.

Rented servers need to be dropped down to 4 players to begin Quickmatch population, if they are on Official settings, just like it was in BF4.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

3 MONTHS LATER

Not really. Dad got you a Porsche and has upgraded the alloys, put in a phone charger and polishes it every week for you and you do nothing but moan about the chair squeaking and the cup holding sticking.

Sure, getting a Porsche you expect a working cup holder and a squeakless chair, but Dad will sort that out eventually. In the meantime, stop moaning, enjoy your Porsche and be a bit more respectful to your loving parent, hmm?

Dad didn't buy me squat. I worked for and purchased this ford all on my own. Been in the friggin shop ever since!
  • Sharpshooter2009

3 MONTHS LATER

Nope not at all. It would only work if dad asked you specifically to write out for him on a list so he can understand it very clearly the issues you still have with car, so that he can fix them in the near future. EVERY DAY for 3 months you write down "cup holder sticks"; actually, dad gets kind of tired of hearing it because he knows this is your top priority. He goes and does one big tune-up on the car. What's the FIRST thing you check? Awesome, the car has new alloys and a phone charger too. But what I really want to know is how's that ****in cupholder lookin? Oh, it wasn't touched. Wow dad. Damn. I don't know how to make these changes myself, and now I'm kind of upset. I'm pretty sure after you asked, I mentioned the cupholder EVERY SINGLE DAY. Why did you ask me about what I was interested in getting fixed top priority if you were just going to do your own thing? Was this car really for me then, or is that what you just want me to think? Dad shrugs- looks at mom- mom looks at me- holds out her hand for money
  • runrunstop
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree totally with most people on here that DICE just doesnt care about player comments even though they asked for it. The hardcore players have constantly complained that hardcore has been messed up since the winter updates, as it takes like 4 shots to kill someone. Hardcore mode should only take one to two shots to kill someone at best. Also melee is a joke in hardcore, it should take one smack from a melee weapon in hardcore to kill someone.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nothing like taking a vote and most everyone votes the same and then turn around and say " it's not a democracy" to nullify the vote because you didn't agree with the outcome.
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    These so called livestreams and asking the community are nothing more than a show,its all just to give the customer/community the false impression that these big companies listen to you and care about you.

Its all just marketing and psychological tricks to keep you feeling involved with the product/game development,meaning theres more chance you will purchase the game/buy dlc etc and wont just toss the product/game aside.
  • Sharpshooter2009
    TamKingski wrote: »
    These so called livestreams and asking the community are nothing more than a show,its all just to give the customer/community the false impression that these big companies listen to you and care about you

Yeah, that's the problem. I think I just honestly expected them to actually do something about it this time though, given the feedback they actually asked for. This round and round BS is just tiring
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Space8all wrote: »
    Space8all wrote: »
    Stop complaining and go play elsewhere if you're not happy. Dice can't fix everything exactly how you like it and when you want it.
    With cte and a continuing policy of updating and improving you'll get what you want sooner or later.
    Leave constructive feedback by all means but please stop crying like spoilt children.

All this whinging spoils the forum like the hellreigel spoils battlefield!
    Lol whining spoils forum. So you whine about hellreigel lol

It's called sarcasm!
    Well I'm cereal lol
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

3 MONTHS LATER

Seriously you think updating/fixing broken features in a game you already paid for is like getting a Porsche?

You must have exceedingly low expectations in life.

EVERY and I mean EVERY game developer that I purchase games from updates and fixed bugs. This isn't 1999 anymore.

Expecially since these guys are trying to sell us the other half of the game through premium.

Honestly can you name any popular games that don't get updated?

Very rarely do I pull the blind fanboy card but I am pretty sure you don't see the forest nor the trees.