So you nerfed the most under used class

Comments

  • ragecomic9
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Under used class?

    Dude, the support class are like people while you are in India.
    Everywhere you look, you see them.

    The nerf didn't hurt them, but you're wrong. Support is the least used class in the game.

    Actually, according to https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights it is just slightly above scout which is the least used class of the 4 non-vehicle infantry variants. And by slightly, it's used less than 2% more than scout. So the order of least to most used classes would be:
    Scout - 16.61%
    Support - 18.21%
    Medic - 22.87%
    Assault - 28.36%

    Based on these numbers alone, I would say the nerf was unnecessary.

    Support is the least used. Those numbers that you listed are by total score accumulated. It's much easier to score a bunch of points on Support than Scout. If you want to see a better set of data to explain what's most used, look at Time Spent on the graph instead. You'll see that LMGs have the lowest time spent of the primary weapons other than shotguns. Shotguns however are part of the assault class which also has SMGs which are used more than LMGs.
    timespent.png

    So if we instead go by time spent, it shows that these are the most used classes based on time spent:
    Assault - 30.6%
    Scout - 22.1%
    Medic - 21.9%
    Support - 16.7%

    I stand corrected. Either way, the figures still support (no pun intended) that a nerf was unnecessary. I'm not going to cry over it because I haven't had a chance to try it for myself. I won't be able to until tomorrow night due to life obligations. Regardless, the data supports that DICE once again catered to a knee jerk reaction from a bunch of tryhard nerf herders who can't accept they're being outplayed.

    If you look at Time Spent within the LMG category, though (https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/weapons/lmg) you'll see it's really dominated by BAR storm and (to a much lesser extent) MG15 Storm. I think this was an effort to balance a few LMGs better against other LMGs and not a direct nerf to the entire class of Support.

    I doubt this will affect how many people play Support, and only really affect what gun they choose. And even though they're the "lowest played class" it's really only by a small amount compared to Medic and Scout.

    agree
    BAR Storm is most common Support weapon
    and in my opinion
    BAR Storm is way stronger than Hellriegel
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    definitely not the most underused class

    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights

    Well technically, by looking at that chart, it is. The stuff under it is like sidearms and such.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Under used class?

    Dude, the support class are like people while you are in India.
    Everywhere you look, you see them.

    The nerf didn't hurt them, but you're wrong. Support is the least used class in the game.

    Actually, according to https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights it is just slightly above scout which is the least used class of the 4 non-vehicle infantry variants. And by slightly, it's used less than 2% more than scout. So the order of least to most used classes would be:
    Scout - 16.61%
    Support - 18.21%
    Medic - 22.87%
    Assault - 28.36%

    Based on these numbers alone, I would say the nerf was unnecessary.

    Support is the least used. Those numbers that you listed are by total score accumulated. It's much easier to score a bunch of points on Support than Scout. If you want to see a better set of data to explain what's most used, look at Time Spent on the graph instead. You'll see that LMGs have the lowest time spent of the primary weapons other than shotguns. Shotguns however are part of the assault class which also has SMGs which are used more than LMGs.
    timespent.png

    So if we instead go by time spent, it shows that these are the most used classes based on time spent:
    Assault - 30.6%
    Scout - 22.1%
    Medic - 21.9%
    Support - 16.7%

    I stand corrected. Either way, the figures still support (no pun intended) that a nerf was unnecessary. I'm not going to cry over it because I haven't had a chance to try it for myself. I won't be able to until tomorrow night due to life obligations. Regardless, the data supports that DICE once again catered to a knee jerk reaction from a bunch of tryhard nerf herders who can't accept they're being outplayed.

    If you look at Time Spent within the LMG category, though (https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/weapons/lmg) you'll see it's really dominated by BAR storm and (to a much lesser extent) MG15 Storm. I think this was an effort to balance a few LMGs better against other LMGs and not a direct nerf to the entire class of Support.

    I doubt this will affect how many people play Support, and only really affect what gun they choose. And even though they're the "lowest played class" it's really only by a small amount compared to Medic and Scout.

    thaty being said ,,it still doesn't explain the nerf to the lewis gun optical,,it's the least played LMG
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    quite honestly ,,I was always more partial to the mg 15 low weight,i just found it to be more useful,the recoil is not much different than the storm (even after patch) in fact barely even noticeable. and then you have the bipod for going prone ,all that does is reduce the recoil,it doen't really help much for the shot spread.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So that explains players pinging my lmg bullets back at me with their chests.

    Maybe when they do their next balance the darts will land on the wall in the lmg's favour, or do they just spin a bottle these days?
  • TamKingski
    1749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So that explains players pinging my lmg bullets back at me with their chests.

    Maybe when they do their next balance the darts will land on the wall in the lmg's favour, or do they just spin a bottle these days?

    I heard they let the dice HQ dinner lady's decide on Lmg balance. :p
  • buddyboy911
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well lmg's were to underpowered and the buff made them unbalanced. If you look in the short time from the buff until now.. even though it is the least used class it beats out scout and almost ties with kit by score. A trend where a less used class has a trend where it actually is beating out kit by score of other more used classes translates to an obvious unbalance of lmgs.
  • TamKingski
    1749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Well lmg's were to underpowered and the buff made them unbalanced. If you look in the short time from the buff until now.. even though it is the least used class it beats out scout and almost ties with kit by score. A trend where a less used class has a trend where it actually is beating out kit by score of other more used classes translates to an obvious unbalance of lmgs.

    The high kit scores are more than likely due to ammo packs netting you lots of points as support,not because Lmg's are op and killing everything.
    .
    In my opinion there was nothing op about the bar (any lmg),the thing only has 20 rnds.
    Dice seems to have lost the plot with these weapon changes,the shotgun buffs were not needed or wanted and the already very accurate 3 shot at any range medic guns got even more accuracy added.

    Is dice just pulling these weapon changes randomly out a hat for the giggles?
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Levelcap said medic guns are tuff to use so they buffed, jack frags cries about gas so they nerf. Don't known who complained that the LMG class was op tho. Don't see many of those on xbone
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    THAGURT wrote: »
    Levelcap said medic guns are tuff to use so they buffed, jack frags cries about gas so they nerf. Don't known who complained that the LMG class was op tho. Don't see many of those on xbone

    Is it just me or have the gas grenades damage been buffed? The duration is shorter, but they seem to be more powerful.
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    THAGURT wrote: »
    Levelcap said medic guns are tuff to use so they buffed, jack frags cries about gas so they nerf. Don't known who complained that the LMG class was op tho. Don't see many of those on xbone

    Is it just me or have the gas grenades damage been buffed? The duration is shorter, but they seem to be more powerful.

    Idk my class comes with a mask.
  • Jammie1789
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    people just say support sucks because the weapons don't melt 100 damage like other classes, as they shouldn't - you have a monster magazine to compensate for that, plus really effective gadgets

    Only two of the LMGs have over 30 rounds.

    That said, the BAR Storm (and, to a lesser degree, MG15 Storm) needed to be balanced against the others. The recoil increase won't have much impact in their intended shorter ranges.

    The problem DICE has is Support is still the least-used class, but they can't really buff up the LMGs - they're decent enough now and would easily become OP with any more changes. Maybe a look at the gadgets is in order?
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    THAGURT wrote: »
    THAGURT wrote: »
    Levelcap said medic guns are tuff to use so they buffed, jack frags cries about gas so they nerf. Don't known who complained that the LMG class was op tho. Don't see many of those on xbone

    Is it just me or have the gas grenades damage been buffed? The duration is shorter, but they seem to be more powerful.

    Idk my class comes with a mask.

    Well duh??
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Jammie1789 wrote: »
    people just say support sucks because the weapons don't melt 100 damage like other classes, as they shouldn't - you have a monster magazine to compensate for that, plus really effective gadgets

    Only two of the LMGs have over 30 rounds.

    That said, the BAR Storm (and, to a lesser degree, MG15 Storm) needed to be balanced against the others. The recoil increase won't have much impact in their intended shorter ranges.

    The problem DICE has is Support is still the least-used class, but they can't really buff up the LMGs - they're decent enough now and would easily become OP with any more changes. Maybe a look at the gadgets is in order?

    The only way you are going to get more supports is if you reigned in assaults, which isn't going to happen. If you want points you have to take flags, to take flags you need to hold cap zones, a lot of cap zones are small and quite open with little cover going up against ohk shotguns or 900 rpm automaticos. A lot of players aren't going to play one hand tied behind their backs and are going to fight fire with fire. Assaults lead every class used by nearly 9% you need supports to cut into that.
  • Zer0Cod3x
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I find it extremely concerning that most people here are not complaining about specifics of the LMG nerf itself, but the fact that the LMGs have been nerfed.

    It's almost as if people see the word "nerf" and suddenly jump on the forums to complain.



    The increases to horizontal recoil will reduce the LMGs' effective ranges by 5-10 m. That's it. Nothing more. Especially when you consider that some LMGs can shoot accurately up to 100 m, this hardly affects their performance.


    In some cases the changes are basically negligible. For example, the M1909 Optical had its horizontal recoil increased by 0.01 degrees.

    Yes, that's right. 0.01 degrees.That's literally nothing.


    It's quite amazing how peoples' ability to complain is better than their basic comprehension skills.
  • Vrruumm
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Support may be underused, but it is also a hard class to be good with in my opinion. The LMGs are not that accurate at medium ranges where the Medic rifles are. When bipoding, you are easy pickings for snipers. Up close you get crushed by Assault and Medic. I all depends on the LMG you use, but many of them are almost useless and take more skill than many other weapons in the game. The BAR and MG15 are great for close and medium ranges, but many of the other LMGs don't do enough damage or are not accurate enough to be viable up close and at longer ranges. Most people who seem to use Support are using the BAR Storm or MG15 all variants.
  • JensAL1
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    LMG on console is now useless...
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No...
  • foff667
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    definitely not the most underused class

    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights

    These stats are deceiving though as most scouts tend to be those snipers that go 5-0 in a 30 minute round with 1000 points vs a support person that is typically in the middle of the action and will rack up points just supplying ammo. I see 2x as many snipers as support or medics and probably the same amount as assualt. Just because **** snipers don't rack up points like the rest of the classes don't mean they are the least used...
  • foff667
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Under used class?

    Dude, the support class are like people while you are in India.
    Everywhere you look, you see them.

    The nerf didn't hurt them, but you're wrong. Support is the least used class in the game.

    Actually, according to https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights it is just slightly above scout which is the least used class of the 4 non-vehicle infantry variants. And by slightly, it's used less than 2% more than scout. So the order of least to most used classes would be:
    Scout - 16.61%
    Support - 18.21%
    Medic - 22.87%
    Assault - 28.36%

    Based on these numbers alone, I would say the nerf was unnecessary.

    Support is the least used. Those numbers that you listed are by total score accumulated. It's much easier to score a bunch of points on Support than Scout. If you want to see a better set of data to explain what's most used, look at Time Spent on the graph instead. You'll see that LMGs have the lowest time spent of the primary weapons other than shotguns. Shotguns however are part of the assault class which also has SMGs which are used more than LMGs.
    timespent.png

    So if we instead go by time spent, it shows that these are the most used classes based on time spent as of today:
    Assault - 30.6%
    Scout - 22.1%
    Medic - 21.9%
    Support - 16.7%

    And there you go, completely backs up what I was trying to say lol.
Sign In or Register to comment.