So admins can kick and ban now ...

Rev0verDrive
6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So how long before we start seeing badmin posts? Anyone interested in me adding a searchable bans list to BFRepublic?

-Anxiously waiting for them juicy tears.

Comments

• Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There aren't enough active custom rental servers for there to be any complaints imo.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    actualy one admin , the guy who rented the server, can kick/ban... you cant assign other teammates as admins.... why dice, why?
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So how long before we start seeing badmin posts? Anyone interested in me adding a searchable bans list to BFRepublic?

just curious from where would you get a source data? :)
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It's a double edged sword. Can't keep everyone happy, but I'm sure many more would prefer to have more control over their servers at the cost of a few owners going rogue.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    badmins and now rogue admins, that escaled quickly.....
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    badmins and now rogue admins, that escaled quickly.....
    Renegade for life.

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How would you accomplish this? I mean it would be awesome but how would that transfer over or would the server admin be forced to enter all people banned into the DB manually??
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Salty tears are the best tears.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The write up is posted on BFrepublic, but the gist is to only allow registered platoon founders, admins, server admins submit entries. And yes, manually. Proof of infraction will be required. Screenshots, video etc.

I don't like sites that list "fishy" bans/kicks. "Your numbers are suspect!" Those just feed the hackusation and badmin aspects of the community. No proof with substance ... no entry.
  • kL-SnAjP
    @Rev0verDrive
    well ye that would be a good start i guess. Tho since there will be no way to manualy input IDs into ones server ban database.........
    ... as list of random rage hackers, why not. butbut......manual work :(
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited February 2017
    We don't know what they plan to do in the future. They could expand the functionality to allow important and export of the bans list. I'd assume they will eventually allow you to transfer bans from one server to the next in some fashion. Versus forcing you to have to deal with the same player on another comm/clan server.

As far as the manual work goes ... Most organized communities and clans already do this.
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm banned from 2 servers already, do I win :)
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited February 2017
    I'm banned from 2 servers already, do I win :)
    I laughed way too hard at that.

Yup! you win. I'll personally add you to the list. >:)
    Reason: BF forum mod
  • BruceWillii
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most of all clan members are angry because the silly RSP program at the moment. Hope it won't let them mutate to badmins. StarscreamUK, I would ask Ali why you are banned?
    Don't take my comment to serious. ;)
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm banned because some server admins don't like the fact that even though I don't like how the RSP has been done, I still have to enforce the rules in this section. It's a hazard of the role, and to be honest, if that's how they act, then thats a server that I don't want to revisit.
  • skullified
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm banned because some server admins don't like the fact that even though I don't like how the RSP has been done, I still have to enforce the rules in this section. It's a hazard of the role, and to be honest, if that's how they act, then thats a server that I don't want to revisit.

I suspect that they're Autobots.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    *Insert comment about me banning you for the lulz*

It's nice we finally have something. But given that it's tied to the server owner and as OP stated the waiting for badmins. This is still going to be a long, annoying and rough ride. Not to forget that the functions don't seem to work that well.

Also, this forced us to start account sharing since you can't expect someone to be around 24/7. Got to love the security risks right?
  • kL-SnAjP
    funny stuff, quick googling states that acount/origin sharing is not allowed in EAs TOS
    so server owners are made to break TOS, due to lack of the working features, interesting
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Rev0verDrive I think it would be great to get a bans list, though personally I think it should only be made specifically for hacking - thats one thing all servers will have in common. Abuse/grief/racism should be shared but in the case of someone having a "one-off" moment of anger it would be a shame to be blanket banned.

Spectating and making a video shouldn't be too hard so proof would be easy enough. I think it should go through a process, perhaps all admins/clan founders can submit their videos and all other admins/clan founders can vote yay/nay on whether they are hacking. This would give more conclusive evidence as there would be more eyes/votes over time when more admins sign up - then the other server owners can make an educated call whether to add that person to the banned list.

Player name: Px.Progdogg
    GUID: ID231415
    Reason: Hacking - Aimbot/Walls
    Server: #3 BLS Hardcore 200%
    Time: 20.02.17/21:13
    Proof: Video
    Percentage Agree: 90% (9/10 admin votes)
  • Rev0verDrive
    @Rev0verDrive I think it would be great to get a bans list, though personally I think it should only be made specifically for hacking - thats one thing all servers will have in common. Abuse/grief/racism should be shared but in the case of someone having a "one-off" moment of anger it would be a shame to be blanket banned.

Spectating and making a video shouldn't be too hard so proof would be easy enough. I think it should go through a process, perhaps all admins/clan founders can submit their videos and all other admins/clan founders can vote yay/nay on whether they are hacking. This would give more conclusive evidence as there would be more eyes/votes over time when more admins sign up - then the other server owners can make an educated call whether to add that person to the banned list.

Player name: Px.Progdogg
    GUID: ID231415
    Reason: Hacking - Aimbot/Walls
    Server: #3 BLS Hardcore 200%
    Time: 20.02.17/21:13
    Proof: Video
    Percentage Agree: 90% (9/10 admin votes)

A vote process would require more feedback and cooperation from the community. I like the ideology behind the idea, yet not all admins understand the fundamentals and mechanics of FPS networking (netcode) as a whole. I regularly see admins calling out players for cheats, yet the player's action is explained by lag comp or some other base principal.

I also like the idea of letting other admins submit additional proof for a single incident.

A repeal option will be available as well. The player needs a way to counter in all fairness.