New update causes DX12 bf1 crash

VultureX3
69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
If you have dx12 turned on in video settings = don't update till u turn it off. Warning...........I can't get to options with out getting a dx12 crash after the last update.

Comments

• Insomec
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VultureX3 wrote: »
    If you have dx12 turned on don't update till u turn it off. Warning...........I can't get to options with out getting a dx12 crash after the last update.

I'll check your theory in 8 hours when I get home from work, did the update this morning but couldn't get on multiplayer, though I did load the game up and was sat in the menus for about 5-10 minutes with no crash, dx12 enabled since launch last Tuesday.
  • St3rMiN4ToR
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have updated the game with dx12 activated and I am still playing without issue, 0 crash at all lol
  • VultureX3
    I had dx12 on and working fine till update now when I start the game it crashes with a dx12 issue. Need help cant get the game to start to get into options to turn it off.
  • St3rMiN4ToR
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Check this video to revert to dx11:
  • VultureX3
    unfortunately I'm crashing is there a way to turn off dx12 without getting into options. I can't even get the game to load with out immediately crashing with a dx 12 error. BF4 profile has my system setup.
  • VultureX3
    I deleted my BF1 folder in documents all ok now. Something must have got corrupted during the update.
  • VultureX3
    Check this video to revert to dx11:

thats was the fix........thanks a bunch.......to bad I did not see your video before I deleted my BF 1 folder. Now I have to reset everything. I actually found that setting but changed it the wrong way and it would not work so I deleted the folder. Um I'm just typed disable in instead of changing the value.....yea I know not the sharpest tool on the block. thanks though.
  • zehDonut
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's not a fix, it's a workaround. This has to be looked at and resolved by DICE.
  • VultureX3
    I agree but I can't be the only one who had this problem so the workaround is helpful for the time being.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game works best on DX11. There is really no additional eye candy or frame rate improvements for DX12 at the moment. Maybe later. Go to hardocp for their review of BF1 DX11 vs. 12.
  • KG-Xysoryum
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just quick comment... for me i fix this problem like this... open battlefield 1 folder on your pc Where is your PROFSAVE_profile open it with notebad... there is a section where is dx12 settings. i set 1 for all these 3 (Dx12AutoDetect 1
    GstRender.Dx12Enable 1
    GstRender.Dx12Enabled 1)
    and vola for me its working and with 1440x2560... dunno why that enable is there twice... Anyway after i play and shutdown game.. it rewrite file back to 0 so again its not working. Prevent this make your fille read only.
    Got gigabyte gtx970 Hope this work others aswell.
  • ChokolateThundah
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    OK i found a fix that worked for me. if you have DX 12 turned on and you are getting errors like this. Go to your game library, Click on Battlefield one there should be a settings symbol that is underneath the play button click it and select game properties. Once in Game Properties un-check Enable Origin In Game for Battlefield. For some reason DX 12 and this feature is causing MAJOR issues. took me days how to figure this out since i do not have a "settings" file anywhere in my system for BF1. Hope this helps those that run DX 12 and cannot find this damn settings file.

http://imgur.com/a/bOcqC

• TREnCHEMI
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    what is this update? just checked. its a 1GB download.. aint read anything on what it is?
  • Sick-Bit
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    bf1 DX11 crash; whoever own radeon should know that the latest drivers AMD (crimson 16.9.1) broke the game. Im now back on Catalyst 15.4 and the problem is solved, game does not crash anymore. (to go back to catalyst just uninstall all crimson crap and download the old catalyst + your gpu driver and wait till the new drivers are 100% stable). Enjoy the game 100% uninterrupted :)
  • Dutchnonsense
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had the same problem, my game menu froze. I pressed left ALT and ENTER to go to window mode, and so i could set the setting back to DX11. now al is fine. hopefully this works for you.
  • Aerolin86
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey I'm getting random crashes and framerate issues with DX12.

The error message says something about being unable to assign memory but I have easy DOUBLE the recommended specs. I thought Dx12 was supposed to be more efficient than Dx11, has EA somehow made it worse?!

Running on Windows 10
    i7 6700k @4.2ghz
    2 x MSI NVidea GTI 1070
    32gb DDR4 ram
    500GB SSD
    2TB HDD (7200rpm)
    System is watercooled and sticks to around 75centigrade on graphics and 68 centigrade on processor under load.

Is the only fix to turn DX12 off?
  • StarscreamUK
    7367 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    dx12 doesnt currently support sli.... so you are effectively running on 1 card (based on the information I have read)
  • brave_heart122
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i have the same problem when i turned on dx12. i have gtx 1070 Asus rog. i tried stopping origin in game it worked and let me go in bf1, but when joined to a game it crashed again.i think i am going to stop dx12. i wish they can fix it other wise remove the dx12 support it is totally useless ans embarrassing for the dice
  • Achmed5858
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DX12 crashing with 17.2.1 RX 480 8GB.
    Was working with 17.1.2 RX 480 8GB.

DICE should know that DX12 doesnt works as it should! They need to focus on this, specially AMD should also push for DX12 optimization = Its the only way to fix it.
  • orgDubbleJ
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Achmed5858 wrote: »
    DX12 crashing with 17.2.1 RX 480 8GB.
    Was working with 17.1.2 RX 480 8GB.

I have DX12 running the game fine with 17.2.1 RX 480 8GB. However, I have to have the frame limiter set to 60 or the browser menu screens don't work.