100% CPU usage following Winter Patch.

124»

Comments

• Heisenberg1977
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i got fx 8350 @ 4,2 Ghz & R9 nano 8gb Dual channel ram.
    The game is unplayable at the moment for me.
    Before patch it was ok but the performance was still **** to be honest

I have solved your problem i had the same problem on my fx8350 ihave the cpu oc @4,5ghz i disable in bios cool & quit and i disable CPB now it runs stable i have no fps drops since 2hours the game run stable with 60fps ! my System:Amd Fx 8350 with gtx 1060G1 Gaming 8Gb ram (1866)

Please tell me your experience
  • PhAse-Shifter-nz
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've got positive news. I rebooted my machine in diagnostic mode (disabling all user services and startup programs) and the game is running like butter! No stutter or frame drops anywhere. Now for working out what the culprit is. Highly recommend doing this...
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've got positive news. I rebooted my machine in diagnostic mode (disabling all user services and startup programs) and the game is running like butter! No stutter or frame drops anywhere. Now for working out what the culprit is. Highly recommend doing this...

Well that would tell you that the amount of processes you have running in normal start up are high. Anything high with your cpu is going to hinder your overall performance.
  • PhAse-Shifter-nz
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FuhQnDie wrote: »

Well that would tell you that the amount of processes you have running in normal start up are high. Anything high with your cpu is going to hinder your overall performance.

I'm not sure it's that a certain process is using a high amount of CPU, it could be that a particular service just disagrees with BF1...

Have to enable them one by one now to find the culprit...
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I'm not sure it's that a certain process is using a high amount of CPU, it could be that a particular service just disagrees with BF1...

Have you set your bfe.exe to run in real time or high?
  • PhAse-Shifter-nz

Have you set your bfe.exe to run in real time or high?

I've tried it in the past, do you think it has benefit?
  • PhAse-Shifter-nz
    For everyone, this is how to do the BF1 Diagnostic mode:

Go to start and type msconfig. Go to services and click "hide all Microsoft services" and then click "Disable all". Then put a tick back in "Origin Client Service", "Origin Web Helper Service" and "PnkBstrA" services. Click the startup tab and go to Task Manager. In Task Manager go to the startup tab and disable everything. Go back to the services tab in msconfig and apply the changes you made and restart your computer.

Let me know how it goes for you.
  • Cockeyed-Jack
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    I finally downloaded and installed MSI Afterburner (I typically use precision for oc'ing cards) and my cpu usage is around 65-75% using the hardware as listed below.
    95% GPU Usage
    4gb ram usage
    65-75% CPU usage

This is with CPU at stock 4.0ghz.
    Post edited by Cockeyed-Jack on
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^
    Everything looks in order. I get 99% GPU usage and 50-60% CPU usage occasional spikes to 70%. With CPU sitting on 74-77 degrees.
  • captcrabman
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i7 6700 Skylake and EVGA GTX 1070 SC

Can confirm game runs way worse after winter patch. I'm running all low @ 1080p 144hz still get frames drops for no reason and the game does not run as smooth.
  • d3oneGeneral
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i7 3770k and R9 280X x2

crossfire is disabled and the fps is still ****.
    sometimes its 120 and after 5 secs its 48 for no reason.
    cpu usage is between 99%-90%, cpu temp are normal
  • Cockeyed-Jack
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ^
    Everything looks in order. I get 99% GPU usage and 50-60% CPU usage occasional spikes to 70%. With CPU sitting on 74-77 degrees.

My CPU stays around 45-50, but I'm under water. I do see some occasional drops in frames from 120-130 down into the "red" (45-ish, but that is typically in the loading screens and main menu's.

I will add that I am running DX11 at the moment, DX12 is not as smooth and frames drop to 80-90.

Why they refuse to implement SLI for DX12 is beyond me.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^

My CPU stays around 45-50, but I'm under water. I do see some occasional drops in frames from 120-130 down into the "red" (45-ish, but that is typically in the loading screens and main menu's.

I will add that I am running DX11 at the moment, DX12 is not as smooth and frames drop to 80-90.

Why they refuse to implement SLI for DX12 is beyond me.

That menu/load screen fps drop happens to me too. But I don't recall having a singficant drop during the actual gameplay.
    I'm also running DX11, DX12 gives me less fps as well. Seems pretty redundant to use it tbh.
  • PhAse-Shifter-nz
    That menu/load screen fps drop happens to me too. But I don't recall having a singficant drop during the actual gameplay.
    I'm also running DX11, DX12 gives me less fps as well. Seems pretty redundant to use it tbh.

I'm still getting the occasional sharp frame drop spikes as well. Pretty sure some issues still lie within the game, being either performance optimization or server issues.
  • Rebel2k
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same for me here. I lost about 15/20 fps since this patch and get now several microstuttering. My CPU is an i5 4790k @4.3Ghz, an AMD R290 Tri-X 4 Gb and 16Gb ram. Everything was working perfectly before the patch... :(
  • PhAse-Shifter-nz
    Rebel2k wrote: »
    Same for me here. I lost about 15/20 fps since this patch and get now several microstuttering. My CPU is an i5 4790k @4.3Ghz, an AMD R290 Tri-X 4 Gb and 16Gb ram. Everything was working perfectly before the patch... :(

Have you tied this:

BF1 Diagnostic mode
    Go to start and type msconfig. Go to services and click "hide all Microsoft services" and then click "Disable all". Then put a tick back in "Origin Client Service", "Origin Web Helper Service" and "PnkBstrA" services. Click the startup tab and go to Task Manager. In Task Manager go to the startup tab and disable everything. Go back to the services tab in msconfig and apply the changes you made and restart your computer.