Adding value to super rare skins

SH1GGLES
761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
We all know the Battlepack system was created to lure players into not quitting a game by giving them a random chance of getting a useless skin, XP boost or puzzle weapon piece. Instead of adding the super rare skins into the mix, what if they were only available via challenges. If you want that super rare heavy tank skin you need 25 service stars, destroy 1000 tanks, or something along those lines. The same could be done with the gold weapon skins. Maybe with some skins there's a timer attached to the challenge, e.g. the duration of the current battlepack revision. Just spit balling ideas to generate some discussion.
Point I'm making is to try and add value or a sense of accomplishment to a game that has none. The entire scrap-pack system has always been a waste.

Comments

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    We all know the Battlepack system was created to lure players into not quitting a game by giving them a random chance of getting a useless skin, XP boost or puzzle weapon piece. Instead of adding the super rare skins into the mix, what if they were only available via challenges. If you want that super rare heavy tank skin you need 25 service stars, destroy 1000 tanks, or something along those lines. The same could be done with the gold weapon skins. Maybe with some skins there's a timer attached to the challenge, e.g. the duration of the current battlepack revision. Just spit balling ideas to generate some discussion.
    Point I'm making is to try and add value or a sense of accomplishment to a game that has none. The entire scrap-pack system has always been a waste.

I think its a great idea, give a little more rhyme or reason to which battlepacks you get. Sometimes I get a Legendary for a weapon I hate/never use and think "Awesome! 270 free scrap to save"
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Sure, but it's gotta be something tough. Don't wanna see the battlefield filled with golden chrome plated tanks and vehicles
  • SH1GGLES
    Sure, but it's gotta be something tough. Don't wanna see the battlefield filled with golden chrome plated tanks and vehicles

Agreed, it has to be challenging and the degree of the challenge could match the rarity of the skin.
  • SH1GGLES
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I think its a great idea, give a little more rhyme or reason to which battlepacks you get. Sometimes I get a Legendary for a weapon I hate/never use and think "Awesome! 270 free scrap to save"
    Exactly, I couldn't give a **** about an artillery truck or scout rifle skin so I wouldn't waste time on challenges that offer them. If I tank a lot in the Heavy or use the Hellriegel then I'd chase a challenge that shows off my expertise with it. On the flip side if I see someone rocking a super rare skin that they earned via a high level challenge then at least I'd respect their skill/effort.

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Exactly, I couldn't give a **** about an artillery truck or scout rifle skin so I wouldn't waste time on challenges that offer them. If I tank a lot in the Heavy or use the Hellriegel then I'd chase a challenge that shows off my expertise with it. On the flip side if I see someone rocking a super rare skin that they earned via a high level challenge then at least I'd respect their skill/effort.

Exactly, I like it. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement either. Maybe this is one of the things they are planning on adding later, but felt it was "unimportant" enough to leave out of the base game on release.

Since. You know. No game is "done" when its released; its more "OK, the game is decent enough to be played for a bit while we still tinker in the shadows and add stuff we didn't have time to before the deadline"
  • SH1GGLES
    edited February 2017
    Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement either. Maybe this is one of the things they are planning on adding later, but felt it was "unimportant" enough to leave out of the base game on release.
    They've definitely never considered this option. If they had it would've been implemented ages ago b/c the worthless Battlepack skins have been a major complaint since the release.

• TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is a solution to the major issue of this game - no progression system.

Its extremely disappointing that they didnt think of something like this on their own.
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yeah but using a tank and a hellriegel isn't very challenging, you'd be playing the game as normal and eventually get the skin you crave thats not challenging its just a reward for doing what you'd be doing anyways.
    How about using the worst weapons in the game and when you get say 25 service stars or whatever you get to choose 1 super rare skin for the weapon vehicle of your choice. 50 service stars with the kilobri maybe..hahah that would be horribly painfully boring and frustrating but a challenge non the less.
  • JensAL1
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    U wanna stop EA's money train?? Hahahahahahahaahahahahahavahahahahahahahahaha sadly they won't listen. Good idea tho:)
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    $$$$$
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why would they want to stop idiots from buying BPs?
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Personally I can't wait till the day I can tell you what a super rare skin scraps for.
  • SH1GGLES

Yeah but using a tank and a hellriegel isn't very challenging, you'd be playing the game as normal and eventually get the skin you crave thats not challenging its just a reward for doing what you'd be doing anyways. How about using the worst weapons in the game and when you get say 25 service stars or whatever you get to choose 1 super rare skin for the weapon vehicle of your choice. 50 service stars with the kilobri maybe..hahah that would be horribly painfully boring and frustrating but a challenge non the less.

I think it's better associating the skin of the item with the challenge for it. If you want a super rare tank skin then the challenge relates to using a tank. Playing the game as normal wouldn't guarantee a skin. It would depend on how challenging the requirements are, e.g. assigning a time limit, getting X amount of kills, applying limitations, etc. The bottom line is that that the more rare the skin, the more you have to work to earn it.