When & What to expect in next patch / patches

Comments

• FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I didn't see anything wrong with servers on consoles that had Official settings(no plugins or changes to the gameplay of any kind) receiving Quickmatch players? You could still kick/ban but that was it.

Not sure why DICE decided to changed this?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FlopTrain wrote: »
    I didn't see anything wrong with servers on consoles that had Official settings(no plugins or changes to the gameplay of any kind) receiving Quickmatch players? You could still kick/ban but that was it.

Not sure why DICE decided to changed this?

Official servers in BF4 never allowed kick/ban on any platform.
    http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/ROC/US/en/PC/BF4
    “Official Servers” only allow access to a few server settings which are very restricted. Server admins cannot kick or switch players around. Missions can only be tracked here. Awards, scores and unlocks will also be recorded. Players land on these types of servers when using Quick Match.

“Ranked Servers” are servers that allow mixed game modes and are more flexible with setting ranges. Server admins are allowed to kick and switch players around as well as change ticket totals. Ranked Servers record awards, scores and unlocks. Players will be unable to Quick Match into Ranked Servers, but they can find them via the Server Browser.

“Unranked Servers” do not track awards, scores and unlocks to be applied towards players' career progressions. This allows for a much wider range of settings to adjust giving players the chance to have freedom on the server. These servers will only be visible via the Server Browser.

”Private Servers” can apply the same rules as unranked but passwords can be set. These servers are used for team warm-ups, training grounds, team wars etc. These servers only show up in the Server Browser.
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    ^Well how do they get populated then? I am guessing they are not and that is just another legit gripe folks have.

How did DICE screw this up so bad? Official settings Rented servers got populated from Quickmatch after 4 players were in, on BF4.

What was wrong with that?

Just to be clear for others that read this thread.

ONLY "Official servers" received QM in BF4. No admin abilities, no plugins, no altering settings etc. Barenaked official ranked.

All the other setups had to seed, promote and properly admin their servers to keep them full. It's not EA or Dice job to fill your server.

As far as BF1 is concerned it is their job to provide a browser that actually works.

Actually QM traffic was working for BF4 for some time (with option join ranked tickbox) but they removed it for some reason. But tickbox is still there.
    Now they are selling the servers and every small change you make to server makes it custom, then it's practically impossible to fill.
    If RSP server has official setup it should get QM traffic. Also I think QM should have same type of tickbox (RSP/Custom) etc. Problem is that more people use Quickmatch in BF1 than they did in BF4, because it's "promoted" feature and server browser is not working properly. Also, it's a bit weird that simple feature as 6p starting takes so long time...
    Our clan has been waiting proper RSP a long time, some of us have been patient (I haven't) but now the whole clan is already saying that this will never be finished therefore we can't buy server more than for 1 day from time to time... Anyway, I don't know why PC clans are punished this way... It just makes less people buying next Battlefield game at least with PC players. And because of the lack of proper mixed mode servers, playing CQ only server makes people bored faster.

• Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    ^Well how do they get populated then? I am guessing they are not and that is just another legit gripe folks have.

How did DICE screw this up so bad? Official settings Rented servers got populated from Quickmatch after 4 players were in, on BF4.

ONLY "Official servers" received QM in BF4. No admin abilities, no plugins, no altering settings etc. Barenaked official ranked.

All the other setups had to seed, promote and properly admin their servers to keep them full. It's not EA or Dice job to fill your server.

As far as BF1 is concerned it is their job to provide a browser that actually works.

Actually QM traffic was working for BF4 for some time (with option join ranked tickbox) but they removed it for some reason. But tickbox is still there.
    Now they are selling the servers and every small change you make to server makes it custom, then it's practically impossible to fill.
    If RSP server has official setup it should get QM traffic. Also I think QM should have same type of tickbox (RSP/Custom) etc. Problem is that more people use Quickmatch in BF1 than they did in BF4, because it's "promoted" feature and server browser is not working properly.

QM did work for ranked for awhile on release, but it was eventually removed because QM traffic players were being kicked/banned for not following custom rules they didn't know about. No explosives, no sniper etc.

The custom issue is being addressed, looked at etc by David Sirland.

Yes, QM is bjorked at the moment. Official setups should receive QM. But I don't believe custom setups should get it unless it's directly tied into the users filters. If it's not we are right back to QM feeding players into a server where their settings aren't what the player wanted.

Ranked QM should only feed a player to servers matching that players filtered criteria vs any old ranked server.
  • KPNuts74
    691 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Wow I have been gone 2 months and decided to pop in to see how this was progressing. Cool we got kick/ban!!, is that it? Like is anything else fixed?
    1. Do we still have to queue even as a server owner? (according to the thread yes)
    2. Can we assign admins? (according to the thread no)
    3. Is the server browser fixed? <No>
    4. Is 6 player start implemented? <No>
    5. when I search for hardcore/custom servers do they actually show? Or just DICE servers? <No, Some do but mainly DICE>
    6. Has anyone been able to properly populate their custom servers yet? (Official gets auto-traffic so doesn't count) <No QM Traffic... STILL!>
    7. Are there any other admin tools available? <Well you are supposed to be able to toggle SL Spawn only and Behemoth on/off but yeah not showing up>
    8. What can we expect from the March patch? <At this point who the F knows?>

I actually feel ripped off. We were told RSP would follow "shortly" after release. Remember that list of questions @Braddock512 was getting answers for? What a joke that turned out to be, quality effort there B-rad!. Being an avid BF3/4 player I trusted (like a silly little bittch) that their implementation of a Procon replacement would either be up to par or surpass Procon. Boy was I wrong, this whole process seems like it was a money grab from the start. Perhaps to fund a non-existent RSP.

I really wish this was done properly, it could have been an awesome game. Personally for me it is already boring and dull, decent RSP/Progression/Custom servers give depth to these types of games and keep players thirsty for more . Does DICE wonder why people have gone back to BF4? Or are they just that stupid?

See my annotations to the quoted text. I wouldn't be too hard on Braddock. He did what he was asked to do. Its the dev team and thier screwed up prioritization process that has caused this.

Worked fine in Hardline, our server was always full.
  • KPNuts74
    691 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I may be wrong but I dont think RSP servers are getting QM traffic at all. I may be wrong and it could be just custom servers but my understanding is no RSP servers are receiving QM traffic. at least they weren't when we had ours. They may have fixed the issue for default settings servers but it wasn't when we refunded ours. That's what caused us to refund them.

correct. they're not receiving QM traffic. had a look last night. actually saw 2 private servers on the browser but were 2/64 players. my own server (the one we could not get refunded), still remains empty as well.

they hired the wrong person to lead the team. it's as simple as that.

Why was my last reply deleted???
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    You're quite right there @Rev0verDrive - BF1 just needs a server browser that works properly, this will fix a lot of seeding issues. For me BF1 is going to be a game I don't bother playing until the server situation is fixed, even then I wont buy a server but it will at least get me playing again. Safe to say I will never buy another BF game until I see some damned quality in RSP. Disappointed, but I know I am fault for impulse-buying what turned out to be a cold ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Been on twitter branching out to other games, decent RSP should be standard practise for Modern online shooters imo, look at COD, player count has been dwindling ever since they removed them (at least for PC). Both of these look very promising.

23u358z.png

246krvb.png

• FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Official servers in BF4 never allowed kick/ban on any platform.

I had a Rental server for BF4 on PS3, set to Official settings for atleast a year or so. It would get populated by Quickmatch and I would kick/ban people from it, all the time.

You couldn't kick/ban from in game but I had another TV and PS3, set up next to me with an admin profile in the server player list screen. I could kick/ban with that profile, easy peezy, just like that,..It worked great!

So,..not sure what you are talking about.
    Post edited by FlopTrain on
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I dont think RSP servers are getting QM traffic at all. I may be wrong and it could be just custom servers but my understanding is no RSP servers are receiving QM traffic. at least they weren't when we had ours. They may have fixed the issue for default settings servers but it wasn't when we refunded ours. That's what caused us to refund them.

correct. they're not receiving QM traffic. had a look last night. actually saw 2 private servers on the browser but were 2/64 players. my own server (the one we could not get refunded), still remains empty as well.

no clue. i'm not a mod here

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    You're quite right there @Rev0verDrive - BF1 just needs a server browser that works properly, this will fix a lot of seeding issues. For me BF1 is going to be a game I don't bother playing until the server situation is fixed, even then I wont buy a server but it will at least get me playing again. Safe to say I will never buy another BF game until I see some damned quality in RSP. Disappointed, but I know I am fault for impulse-buying what turned out to be a cold ****.

Been on twitter branching out to other games, decent RSP should be standard practise for Modern online shooters imo, look at COD, player count has been dwindling ever since they removed them (at least for PC). Both of these look very promising.

23u358z.png

246krvb.png

*please think before posting this removed "funny"*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

no clue. i'm not a mod here

Im guessing it was due to content.
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow I have been gone 2 months and decided to pop in to see how this was progressing. Cool we got kick/ban!!, is that it? Like is anything else fixed?
    1. Do we still have to queue even as a server owner? (according to the thread yes)
    2. Can we assign admins? (according to the thread no)
    3. Is the server browser fixed? <No>
    4. Is 6 player start implemented? <No>
    5. when I search for hardcore/custom servers do they actually show? Or just DICE servers? <No, Some do but mainly DICE>
    6. Has anyone been able to properly populate their custom servers yet? (Official gets auto-traffic so doesn't count) <No QM Traffic... STILL!>
    7. Are there any other admin tools available? <Well you are supposed to be able to toggle SL Spawn only and Behemoth on/off but yeah not showing up>
    8. What can we expect from the March patch? <At this point who the F knows?>

I actually feel ripped off. We were told RSP would follow "shortly" after release. Remember that list of questions @Braddock512 was getting answers for? What a joke that turned out to be, quality effort there B-rad!. Being an avid BF3/4 player I trusted (like a silly little bittch) that their implementation of a Procon replacement would either be up to par or surpass Procon. Boy was I wrong, this whole process seems like it was a money grab from the start. Perhaps to fund a non-existent RSP.

I really wish this was done properly, it could have been an awesome game. Personally for me it is already boring and dull, decent RSP/Progression/Custom servers give depth to these types of games and keep players thirsty for more . Does DICE wonder why people have gone back to BF4? Or are they just that stupid?

See my annotations to the quoted text. I wouldn't be too hard on Braddock. He did what he was asked to do. Its the dev team and thier screwed up prioritization process that has caused this.

Worked fine in Hardline, our server was always full.

Ours too :)
  • Braddock512
    1538 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @KPNuts74 Because insults and abuse have no place here. That's also why your post was removed when you re-posted it. And discussion of moderation is not welcome.
    So, consider this your only non-infraction warning.
    You can give feedback - positive or negative - without being abusive or you won't be posting. That goes for you too, @WarCriminal_954.

-Braddock512-
  • KPNuts74
    edited February 2017
    @KPNuts74 Because insults and abuse have no place here. That's also why your post was removed when you re-posted it. And discussion of moderation is not welcome.
    So, consider this your only non-infraction warning.
    You can give feedback - positive or negative - without being abusive or you won't be posting. That goes for you too, @WarCriminal_954.

-Braddock512-

Braddock, I am a paying customer who again has wasted money renting servers not fit for purpose. I contacted EA support who told me to post here for help. I am sure you must understand mine and many others frustration with this issue and I think my tounge in cheek remarks are kind of justified.
    Post edited by KPNuts74 on
  • Jaskaman
    edited February 2017
    I think all of us are disappointed about RSP and lack of clan support considering how much time they had time to fix it, but being disrespectful never helps. I think RSP is not in their priorities and RSP servers, because things like 6p server start, QM, proper RSP is still missing and many of PC players are leaving. But we have to remember we do not have too much content yet either and gamemodes are Limited By playeers, considering first DLC is coming at March, comparing BF4 had already 2 DLC released on same timetable. I have this feeling that they decided to make this BF1 for casual gamers, not for the clans/communities and they are bringing clan features very slowly. It has affected a lot our clan too, many of us are so pissed off but as I said, just behave here and do not be disrespectful.... For the server side things, I still hope they fix RSP giving us Basic needed functions and 6p start for March DLC if not then I do not have too much hope for it anymore and I start to look is there any other good options for a clan game.... I have been BF player since 2004 and if you look my gaming hours for each BF title, you can see I take BF gaming seriously so I hate to look other games unless I really have to.
  • KPNuts74
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    I think all of us are disappointed about RSP and lack of clan support considering how much time they had time to fix it, but being disrespectful never helps. I think RSP is not in their priorities and RSP servers, because things like 6p server start, QM, proper RSP is still missing and many of PC players are leaving. But we have to remember we do not have too much content yet either and gamemodes are Limited By playeers, considering first DLC is coming at March, comparing BF4 had already 2 DLC released on same timetable. I have this feeling that they decided to make this BF1 for casual gamers, not for the clans/communities and they are bringing clan features very slowly. It has affected a lot our clan too, many of us are so pissed off but as I said, just behave here and do not be disrespectful.... For the server side things, I still hope they fix RSP giving us Basic needed functions and 6p start for March DLC if not then I do not have too much hope for it anymore and I start to look is there any other good options for a clan game.... I have been BF player since 2004 and if you look my gaming hours for each BF title, you can see I take BF gaming seriously so I hate to look other games unless I really have to.

I am not commenting about my removed comment any longer (for obvious reasons) but agree with everything else you said.
  • Axlerod1
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just remember everyone, the big changes are suppose to take place next month. Middle of next month. If it doesn't then DLC will not be supported by the community. that will mean RSP will not get the support either. That is the precious 6 month date for the game being live. If it is not community approved then the game is done. Most games do not make it past 6 months. I am like most of you and I am trying but stay calm for at least another month. Go play BF4 until then. That is what I have been doing.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Just remember everyone, the big changes are suppose to take place next month. Middle of next month. If it doesn't then DLC will not be supported by the community. that will mean RSP will not get the support either. That is the precious 6 month date for the game being live. If it is not community approved then the game is done. Most games do not make it past 6 months. I am like most of you and I am trying but stay calm for at least another month. Go play BF4 until then. That is what I have been doing.

Problem is not that many people (as far as I am aware) bother purchasing the DLC individually, they either stay with the base game or get premium so that first statement is off imo. At the start of this RSP fiasco I was very optimistic but my hopes have slowly dwindled with every "update" or "News release" to the point that I no longer have hope. Its taken this long to implement what exactly? Kick/ban for server owners only, vote map, settings can be turned off/on, browser still broken, 6 player start not implemented, its a shambles. I have zero optimism that any of this will be fixed when the DLC drops, in fact they didn't even confirm that it would.
  • BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why don't we get any news about RSP? All we can read is something like "we are working on the 6 players start. it will be in one of the next patches."
    When will they be ready with the RSP in a status that BF4 private servers have?
    Why did they take the whole RSP into their own house if they are not able to provide the things we have with BF4 private servers?
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why did they take the whole RSP into their own house if they are not able to provide the things we have with BF4 private servers?

I suspect that BF1 is the guinea pig for all future releases.

This discussion has been closed.