Ultimate Sniping Fix

princemiah
54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2017
I hear the complaining about sniping over and over; especially hardcore. Unfortunately DICE your not listening. Dice you could limit and balance sniping if you added the BF3 and BF4 sniping feature of more bullet drop. The maps are designed where the sniping almost mimic COD. Sniping in the Battlefied series was a art. Now everyone one can do it. Im one of the top BF3 and BF4 snipers in the world. Now little kids can do it. Now it is just who can shoot the fastest. Sniping shouldnt be a twitch shooter trick in the Battleflied series. Please make snipers work for their kills and add the traditional bullet drop mechanics.

Comments

• Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you are one of the top ones, then why have I never heard of you?
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simply check the stats. XBOX One Prince Miah. Number 7 in the world with M98. Number 1 with 93R.

I just wont join people clans and have my own systems for winning. Im not a game blogger nor create vids. Some the best players you probably havent heard of. Give me 3 guys who listen and I can win just about all games. Are you a hardcore player?

I like playing against the sold called great clans and popular youtube players. I usually kick the butts. Not boasting, just being honest. However I'd like to focus on adding traditional bullet drop to sniping in BF1, not how good I am.
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    Oh so you mean hugely unrealistic bullet drops of 15 m/s2? When earth's pull is 9.81 m/s2.
    And slow down velocity's down to that of intermediate rounds? SRR61 (Called the CheyTac Intervention) Shoots a round at 1,100 m/s. (.408 CheyTac)
    In game's SRR shoots a round at a speed closer to the AK47's 7.62x39.

Combined it makes bullets feel like your firing them on Jupiter.
  • Blackmarkers
    386 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what are you really upset about? are you getting sniped more? are you lower on the leaderboards?

if sniping is easier and you are one of the best in the world, shouldn't you be even better?

maybe more people are sniping and maybe people just got better at sniping

how will more bullet drop even change anything? overcoming that is still pretty low on the skill scale
  • mr_ako74
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i was never a dedicated sniper in BF games, didnt mind them, occasionally enjoyed played as one but I found it appalling how easy it is to snipe in BF1. On top of that, the excessive amount of snipers ruins certain game modes like operations and rush.
    Apparently DICE backed by its army of the I dont give a **** about teamplay players doesnt seem to find this problematic judging from the latest patch and CTE.
    So I decided to play the game as DICE intended, now I play as a sniper, mostly dont care about squads objectives etc, I dont sit back though, my K/D is doing great and I am probably averaging higher scores.
  • princemiah
    what are you really upset about? are you getting sniped more? are you lower on the leaderboards?

if sniping is easier and you are one of the best in the world, shouldn't you be even better?

how will more bullet drop even change anything? overcoming that is still pretty low on the skill scale

How do you know this? BF1 is your first Battlefield.

If it worked in times past, I think it would work now.
  • princemiah
    Temp1st wrote: »
    Oh so you mean hugely unrealistic bullet drops of 15 m/s2? When earth's pull is 9.81 m/s2.
    And slow down velocity's down to that of intermediate rounds? SRR61 (Called the CheyTac Intervention) Shoots a round at 1,100 m/s. (.408 CheyTac)

You missed the the point... I never used the SRR61 as it would have ruined the game for me. If I used it, Id have twice and many kills. Waaaaay to easy to snipe with. Even so, alot of people simply cant snipe in BF3 and 4. You had your wanna bees, but but the time I got done with they'd hang there gloves up until Im or other good snipers leave. Lol

The point is to make sniping a skilled art. Discourage casual players from doing sk and make them get in the battle. Have you noticed how randoms wont follow squad orders. They just run hide and get cheap kills.
  • princemiah

It isnt about being upset, it is about listening to the community. My gripes are team killing, no kill log, and no spawn beacon. Im actually back playing BF4. The Hardcore in BF1 is just horrible and the dev team are to stuck catering to COD players. Trying to ease thoses pissed at COD dev.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    princemiah wrote: »
    I hear the complaining about sniping over and over; especially hardcore. Unfortunately DICE your not listening. Dice you could limit and balance sniping if you added the BF3 and BF4 sniping feature of more bullet drop. The maps are designed where the sniping almost mimic COD. Sniping in the Battlefied series was a art. Now everyone one can do it. Im one of the top BF3 and BF4 snipers in the world. Now little kids can do it. Now it is just who can shoot the fastest. Sniping shouldnt be a twitch shooter trick in the Battleflied series. Please make snipers work for their kills and add the traditional bullet drop mechanics.

Youre missing one thing here mister "world top player"

Every class in bf1 is easier compared to bf4....
    Try spraying wih a auto reload rifle in bf4 or try to kill someone with a lmg from 200meters...

• princemiah
    IllIllIII wrote: »

Youre missing one thing here mister "world top player"

Every class in bf1 is easier compared to bf4....
    Try spraying wih a auto reload rifle in bf4 or try to kill someone with a lmg from 200meters...

That is true about all the weapons. Although I think the shot guns suck; at least in hardcore. I found myself a few days ago needing to shot 4 or 5 times till kill someone with a shot gun.

As far as top player... Thank you, but I dont think I am. Great player, good at what I do, but def not the best all around player. However I think I have earned the respect and am a authority in recon class and sniping. I can speak on the mechanics and the sniping is drastically different from Bad Company to BF4.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Define "top player".

Does that mean you just spent most time behind you console so you have the highest score?

Or you have the best spm/kpm/kd/ or accuracy with it?

Because if it is the first one it says more about you social life instead of being a skilled sniper..
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Temp1st wrote: »

Funny enough some also had 6m/s2 in BF4. Most of the projectile gravity in BF1 is 12m/s2
  • princemiah
    Can we talk about the topic?

Stats alone dont define your skill level. They have a place, but that is it. My opinion for measuring true skill is how you perform againt elite players. Also video game states can be deceiving because of boosting. I'd estimate have the people above me didnt trully earn the numbers they have. Some have numbers I believe are impossible to achieve playing fair.

• bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BF1 has reduced the artificial crippling to sniper rifles... now it's too ez with the realistic drop and velocity.
    What is really taking the skill out of it: ADSing and having perfect accuracy instantly. Sprint... snipe with 0 spread... sprint... quickscope with zero spread...
    Imo that's just idiotic.
  • IllIllIII
    BF1 has reduced the artificial crippling to sniper rifles... now it's too ez with the realistic drop and velocity.
    What is really taking the skill out of it: ADSing and having perfect accuracy instantly. Sprint... snipe with 0 spread... sprint... quickscope with zero spread...
    Imo that's just idiotic.

Same with any other class...
    Thats how bf1 has become...
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Never seen a top player with a 0.8 kd....
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Imo that's just idiotic.

Same with any other class...
    Thats how bf1 has become...

Same with melee... carrying a 30 pound machine gun - swing your melee 2 frames after pressing F...
    For some reason BF wants to go that route. Fine with me, avoiding getting sniped is fairly easy.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Why would Dice make one class a lot more difficult to play? Why not make any of the other class a "skill" class? Snipers don't dominate the kill feed in this game, they just isn't as hard and useless as they used to be.

With that said, playing with a team with to many Snipers sucks and it's a sure loss in say an operationso match. But thats because of bad players, not the game. I'm against limiting Snipers/any class in a game, I just hope players will mature and learn to ptfo.
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So you play hardcore one shot kill anywhere on the body in bf3 and bf4. Theres no skill in that
  • GerocK-
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Your arrogance throughout the thread triggers me, as it's not even justly. Your M98B stats in BF4 are 37% accuracy and 1.06 KPM. Nothing wrong with that per sé, but nowhere near the top level of sniping. Even weirder is that your BF1 sniper stats are far worse than your BF4 sniper stats. Since sniping in BF1 is considered easier, how is that possible?
    I don't think you will still enjoy sniping if they increased the difficulty.
    -
    Then you say stats don't define your skill, yet one week ago you wrote on your own Battle Feed that you're "still the best sniper in the world". Based on a leaderboard that only counts total kills, not even real stats. You're on top because you played 354 hours with the same weapon.
    -
    Lastly, you mention that people with better stats than you are probably not legitimate because of boosting. You can't honestly think that. You call yourself an "authority" on sniping, but why? You kill 9 people in an average match... I'm not even that good in Battlefield, but I did some math and I have to be afk for 76%-79% of a ~30 minutes Conquest game to match your stats.