Ultimate Sniping Fix

2

Comments

  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GerocK- wrote: »
    Your arrogance throughout the thread triggers me, as it's not even justly. Your M98B stats in BF4 are 37% accuracy and 1.06 KPM. Nothing wrong with that per sé, but nowhere near the top level of sniping. Even weirder is that your BF1 sniper stats are far worse than your BF4 sniper stats. Since sniping in BF1 is considered easier, how is that possible?
    I don't think you will still enjoy sniping if they increased the difficulty.
    -
    Then you say stats don't define your skill, yet one week ago you wrote on your own Battle Feed that you're "still the best sniper in the world". Based on a leaderboard that only counts total kills, not even real stats. You're on top because you played 354 hours with the same weapon.
    -
    Lastly, you mention that people with better stats than you are probably not legitimate because of boosting. You can't honestly think that. You call yourself an "authority" on sniping, but why? You kill 9 people in an average match... I'm not even that good in Battlefield, but I did some math and I have to be afk for 76%-79% of a ~30 minutes Conquest game to match your stats.

    Because using the M98B on hardcore bf4 gets u a kill for shooting someone in the toe, this doesnt work in hardcore on bf1.
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Never seen a top player with a 0.8 kd....

    BF4? Can you read? If I go play Team Death Match where a KD actually matters on BF1, Im sure it will be alot be higher. I play hardcore and the actual objectives.
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So you play hardcore one shot kill anywhere on the body in bf3 and bf4. Theres no skill in that

    Your right, if your statement is true. Problem is it isnt...
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GerocK- wrote: »
    Your arrogance throughout the thread triggers me, as it's not even justly. Your M98B stats in BF4 are 37% accuracy and 1.06 KPM. Nothing wrong with that per sé, but nowhere near the top level of sniping. Even weirder is that your BF1 sniper stats are far worse than your BF4 sniper stats. Since sniping in BF1 is considered easier, how is that possible?
    I don't think you will still enjoy sniping if they increased the difficulty.
    -
    Then you say stats don't define your skill, yet one week ago you wrote on your own Battle Feed that you're "still the best sniper in the world". Based on a leaderboard that only counts total kills, not even real stats. You're on top because you played 354 hours with the same weapon.
    -
    Lastly, you mention that people with better stats than you are probably not legitimate because of boosting. You can't honestly think that. You call yourself an "authority" on sniping, but why? You kill 9 people in an average match... I'm not even that good in Battlefield, but I did some math and I have to be afk for 76%-79% of a ~30 minutes Conquest game to match your stats.

    Im on top because in game Im on top. Most games no matter the mode, I am consistancy one of the top 5 players.

    Accuracy... That is a number I dont play for. I spend plenty of time taking risky shot, fooling around, and more to mess that number up. 9 kills a game... I dont think so... Stop hating.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You still haven't answer why snipers should be a "skill" class and not for example support or assault?
    Problem with sniperclass in Bf4 was that it was useless for most people. Tell me why that was a good thing?
  • Blackmarkers
    386 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It seems like you really take pride in being a good sniper, which is cool and all. Its just that in BF1 you absolutely stink and now most people are better than you at the thing you want to be good at. Thats really the main reason behind this thread. I don't know how making the class harder is going to help you in any way at all. If it was so easy how can you not even muster a positive kdr? So many guys on here say easy this easy that and yet they can't do it themselves. Everyone always blaming the guns, netcode and cod kids, but nobody looks at themselves. Its obvious being good at one game doesn't automatically make you good at another. The game is different, play different.
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems like you really take pride in being a good sniper, which is cool and all. Its just that in BF1 you absolutely stink and now most people are better than you at the thing you want to be good at. Thats really the main reason behind this thread. I don't know how making the class harder is going to help you in any way at all. If it was so easy how can you not even muster a positive kdr? So many guys on here say easy this easy that and yet they can't do it themselves. Everyone always blaming the guns, netcode and cod kids, but nobody looks at themselves. Its obvious being good at one game doesn't automatically make you good at another. The game is different, play different.

    Lol. I dont even play the game enough to stink. Look at my hours. I like the crap talking though, makes me wanna get on it and kick some butt.
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    You still haven't answer why snipers should be a "skill" class and not for example support or assault?
    Problem with sniperclass in Bf4 was that it was useless for most people. Tell me why that was a good thing?

    Because I like simulation warfare. In real life sniping is a special skill. Therefore sniping is rarer on the battlefield. So in the game you have to do something to make it harded. Alot of people had issues with the mechanics in former battlefields. I think they could fix it by using the traditional mechanics.
  • GerocK-
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    princemiah wrote: »
    Im on top because in game Im on top. Most games no matter the mode, I am consistancy one of the top 5 players. 9 kills a game... I dont think so...

    Liar.
    princemiah wrote: »
    Accuracy... That is a number I dont play for. I spend plenty of time taking risky shot, fooling around, and more to mess that number up.
    Because I like simulation warfare. In real life sniping is a special skill.

    So, you're "an authority on sniping" that wants Battlefield to be more like real life sniping, yet you don't care about accuracy. That basically sums up this thread. Good troll man, you actually made me believe you were being serious. You had me fooled, I'll admit it.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    princemiah wrote: »
    You still haven't answer why snipers should be a "skill" class and not for example support or assault?
    Problem with sniperclass in Bf4 was that it was useless for most people. Tell me why that was a good thing?

    Because I like simulation warfare. In real life sniping is a special skill. Therefore sniping is rarer on the battlefield. So in the game you have to do something to make it harded. Alot of people had issues with the mechanics in former battlefields. I think they could fix it by using the traditional mechanics.

    Im really not good at the game.
    But still have nearly double your KD...

    I also do not care much for kd i do ptfo but the kd comes along with it...

    I dont care what someone's kd is but bragging about it on the forums makes me wanna tell you the truth...
    Post edited by IllIllIII on
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    princemiah wrote: »
    You still haven't answer why snipers should be a "skill" class and not for example support or assault?
    Problem with sniperclass in Bf4 was that it was useless for most people. Tell me why that was a good thing?

    Because I like simulation warfare. In real life sniping is a special skill. Therefore sniping is rarer on the battlefield. So in the game you have to do something to make it harded. Alot of people had issues with the mechanics in former battlefields. I think they could fix it by using the traditional mechanics.

    Weller battlefield is not your game if you're looking for military sim. Bf4 sniping ping-pong balls with insane drop wasn't very realistic either, so I'm actually not sure what you want?
    Bullets behave more realistic in bf1
  • tiborwouda
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol rekt ^^
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    princemiah wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Never seen a top player with a 0.8 kd....

    BF4? Can you read? If I go play Team Death Match where a KD actually matters on BF1, Im sure it will be alot be higher. I play hardcore and the actual objectives.

    Someone with your kd should not be talking about easy snipes lol. Your stats are atrocious. You might be one of the worst players ive ever seen.
  • GerocK-
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    princemiah wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Never seen a top player with a 0.8 kd....

    BF4? Can you read? If I go play Team Death Match where a KD actually matters on BF1, Im sure it will be alot be higher. I play hardcore and the actual objectives.

    I just can't resist your bait. Let me sum something up for you, I'll focus on your BF4 stats alone because BF4 is what you brag about.
    You have 7,2 flag caps/defends per hour. That's 3 per game (Conquest). So you're most definitely not playing the objectives.
    You could argue that because you're "an authority on sniping" you aren't inside capture zones, you're more effective at killing from longer ranges. Yet, you score 0,7 kills per minute. On 64-player servers.
    -
    So you're not capturing flags, you're not defending flags and you're not really busy killing people. What do you do in a game that makes it fun enough for you to spend 1351 hours playing it?
  • kekcroc
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    you say you're not boasting but you can't help but mention how good you are and how the guys who don't bother to master the art of being a hilljockey quit in your presence every other post you've made.

    frankly i think this thread would've gone a whole lot better if you hadn't even brought up the supposed fact that you're the master of sniping, especially to an audience that doesn't really care much at all about people who play Recon/Scout. if anything, mentioning that means that you've just lost credibility because you've painted yourself as the King of Uselessness

    to actually give a reply to the original topic though, snipers are now a real threat thanks to the forgiving bullet drop and OHK mechanics, back then you could just lmao @ a snipers life while you take his control point in front of that big fancy scope of his. now, getting a bodyshot could be the end of you if the sniper even has a basic idea of optimal engagement range.
  • Obliviate1982
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Sniping has returned to how it was in BF's before a BF title was even on consoles (apart from cheap sweet spot mechanic) and we have people calling it a COD thing, hahahahahaha.

    I feel its much much better now being how it used to be as it enables a sniper to be in amongst the action and not way out on the sideline doing nothing.
    You can now score on par with other kits when playing aggressively.
    Post edited by Obliviate1982 on
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My solution. Give scopes a small delay in 'settling' whilst aiming to get rid of the cancerous quickscope. Make the accuracy penalty even higher and the scope 'settling' time longer if the player is moving or has just stopped moving.

    As for sitting on the other side of the map and just pinging random targets, I'm actually fine with the way that works at the moment. I play operations and having a lot of snipers on the attacking team is detrimental; getting shot by them is just an inconvenience. Having them on the defending team is a problem for attackers, but smoke/gas and rush tactics will beat sniper camping any day (as long as enough people ptfo).

    No, for me, that negative experience of sniping is having people running around in close quarters quickscoping with a 10x sight on an M1903 whilst spamming ADAD. If scouts want to operate in that area, then the infantry/carbine versions of weapons should be the number one option. However, they aren't due to the current quickscope mechanics and stupidly high accuracy whilst spamming ADAD.
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems like you really take pride in being a good sniper, which is cool and all. Its just that in BF1 you absolutely stink and now most people are better than you at the thing you want to be good at. Thats really the main reason behind this thread. I don't know how making the class harder is going to help you in any way at all. If it was so easy how can you not even muster a positive kdr? So many guys on here say easy this easy that and yet they can't do it themselves. Everyone always blaming the guns, netcode and cod kids, but nobody looks at themselves. Its obvious being good at one game doesn't automatically make you good at another. The game is different, play different.

    Im not blaiming anyone fot anything. First off, I dont suck at BF1. I just havent put the hours in nor like it enought to take it seriously. When. First start playing a new series I die alot. Why? Because I spend alot of time seeing how I want to play each map. As time goes my stats of I decide I want to play it consistantly improve. I didnt purchase the game until they added hardcore. So by the time I played most player new the maps. Had there spots and of course kicked my but. Sorry, that doesnt happen anymore.
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GerocK- wrote: »
    princemiah wrote: »
    Im on top because in game Im on top. Most games no matter the mode, I am consistancy one of the top 5 players. 9 kills a game... I dont think so...

    Liar.
    princemiah wrote: »
    Accuracy... That is a number I dont play for. I spend plenty of time taking risky shot, fooling around, and more to mess that number up.
    Because I like simulation warfare. In real life sniping is a special skill.

    So, you're "an authority on sniping" that wants Battlefield to be more like real life sniping, yet you don't care about accuracy. That basically sums up this thread. Good troll man, you actually made me believe you were being serious. You had me fooled, I'll admit it.

    Huh... Trolling is actually what your doing now. I care about being accurate when I trying to kill someone. Not for a number on a stat screen. Unfortunately the game doesnt just count shots I fire at people. If I go to a wall amd shot it, guess what? I goes against my accuracy.

    Secondly, dont ever call me a liar chump. I dont lie about my place in games. Join a match and get you butt whipped. Hater...
  • princemiah
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My solution. Give scopes a small delay in 'settling' whilst aiming to get rid of the cancerous quickscope. Make the accuracy penalty even higher and the scope 'settling' time longer if the player is moving or has just stopped moving.

    As for sitting on the other side of the map and just pinging random targets, I'm actually fine with the way that works at the moment. I play operations and having a lot of snipers on the attacking team is detrimental; getting shot by them is just an inconvenience. Having them on the defending team is a problem for attackers, but smoke/gas and rush tactics will beat sniper camping any day (as long as enough people ptfo).

    No, for me, that negative experience of sniping is having people running around in close quarters quickscoping with a 10x sight on an M1903 whilst spamming ADAD. If scouts want to operate in that area, then the infantry/carbine versions of weapons should be the number one option. However, they aren't due to the current quickscope mechanics and stupidly high accuracy whilst spamming ADAD.

    Those are some good ideas.
Sign In or Register to comment.