Everything that's wrong with this game (imo)

SparkyNuts1985
55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2017
This might be long, so if you're going to "tl:dr" me, here's your warning. Everything I'm going to list off are my opinions on why this game fails at everything it sets out to do, from the graphics down to game balance.

1) The netcode is awful.
2) The damage is wildly inconsistent.
3) The spawns are worse than any game I've ever played.
4) Guns that seem to break game rules.
5) Cavalry is absurd.
6) Planes are for killing random people and they almost never help secure objectives.
7) Elite classes shouldn't exist.
8) I feel like I have no health and die in 1-2 hits from the weakest guns. Core shouldn't feel like hardcore.
9) Rock-paper-scissors gun system is stupid and shouldn't exist. Was never an issue before, but you figured you'd go ahead and make it one.
10) The sound is broken. How hard was that to get correct?
11) The number of scouts per round is absurd.
12) AT rockets splash damage extends too far and is too strong.
13) Everyone has infinite grenades it seems.
14) Gas grenades shouldn't be part of the game.
15. I'm on fire about 45% of the time. Not from incendiary grenades, but from flares (seriously, why do they do damage) and from the environment.
16. Lack of vehicles, and they take forever to spawe
17. LMGs take entirely too many rounds to kill someone. I shouldn't need 4 headshots to kill someone at 40m.
18. The "sweet spot" mechanic is the most **** thing ever. Guns don't work like that, why make them like this in game? Especially when it doesn't work.
19. There's no camo in the game, but people blend into the environment 100x better than in previous titles. Seems realistic...
20. Missing enemy frag grenade icons.
21. The spotting is damned awful and borderline useless. Why was it changed from previous titles? Because it was OP to let your team know there's a guy out in the open 50m away?
22. We still can't change vehicle settings in the main menu. We have to download an app for that. Hurr Durr, Durrrrr. How stupid.
23. The smaller guns on the armored train should be more useful. The rounds demo walls but you need 10 hits to kill someone. Again, realism. Can't pick and choose. If I wanted to play an arcade shooter, I'd have spent my money on CoD.
24. It's impossible to demo buildings, for the most part. You can mess them up, but there's still places for enemies to hide. Which leads to the next one.
25. Finding enemies on objectives is entirely too difficult. The objective sizes can be very large and they can hide in a ton of buildings. If you don't have a scout popping flares, you'll need to go through every single building. This goes back to choosing your realism.
26. When I get revived, I can't use my primary weapon. What's the point? So I can give the enemy free points?
27. Why don't my bullets go through one enemy and damage the ones behind him? If they can use their teammate as a shield while shooting through said teammate to land hits, my bullets should go through them.
28. Deflected shots on armor doesn't make sense. I can have a shot that lands only a few degrees of a 90 degree impact and it bounces, but I see a good deal of angle on enemy shells/AT rockets that hit me and it almost never bounces. Makes sense....
29. On Monte Grappa conquest, B and D are unnecessarily difficult to hold. Small entrances, grenade spam, and the transition from light to dark (you can't see a damn thing) make assaulting the position and clearing the enemy stupidly hard. Why can't we demo the roof and cave in the hidey holes?
30. There needs to be a spawn delay at the start of the round. The enemy shouldn't have multiple pilots bailing on flags on our side of the map to cap them before we're out of the main spawn. Makes it an uphill battle the entire way.
31. As I mentioned in 29, the transition from light to dark is too extreme. The people in a dark area are more likely to have a defensive position, and you make it so we can't see them on top of it? I hear talk about balance all the time and I see so many instances where it's completely ignored to the detriment of the game.
32. Pistols shouldn't out damage a primary.
33. Direct hits with mortars, either variant, don't seem to kill enemies. You need to have at least two hits or hit a damaged enemy. What's the purpose of it?
34. Scout mines don't kill either. Again, unless they're wounded, it's not killing anyone. It's now a loud alarm.
35. The lack of customization for weapons is stupid.

That's all I've got for now, I can almost guarantee there will be more. If you'd like me to expand on the examples I gave, let me know. At this point, it's my job to show as many people as possible that this game is one of the worst AAA titles to come out in years. If we don't jump on Dice's case, we will continue to see poor release after poor release. I never played bf4, but from the posts I've seen, it was garbage for a year after release. That's what I'm seeing with this game.

Comments

• SparkyNuts1985
    I've been playing FPS games since Counterstrike in 03. Never have I ever had so many stupid issues with a shooter before.
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Found by definition; a scrub
  • SparkyNuts1985
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Found by definition; a scrub

Because I think this game is a disaster? Okay...
  • Xiox312
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can honestly say that I 100% disagree with everything in that list. I haven't experienced any of the "problems" that you listed. It really seems like you just bought the game without really knowing what you were buying.
  • boutneus
    2483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Play the game more, stop wasting time on essays
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Grenades have always been a big part of battlefield going all the way back to 42. And they have almost always have been highly lethal. This is not CS were a grenade tickles you unless it lands directly on your feet and even then if you're wearing armor it wont 1 shot you from full. Besides, Games like Overwatch have their fare share of extremely cheesy kills that require almost 0 skill to pull off.

Or how about ARMA 3 were everything is extremely lethal. To be honest BF is a little on the soft side of the overall lethality scale.
  • SparkyNuts1985
    Temp1st wrote: »
    Grenades have always been a big part of battlefield going all the way back to 42. And they have almost always have been highly lethal. This is not CS were a grenade tickles you unless it lands directly on your feet and even then if you're wearing armor it wont 1 shot you from full. Besides, Games like Overwatch have their fare share of extremely cheesy kills that require almost 0 skill to pull off.

Or how about ARMA 3 were everything is extremely lethal. To be honest BF is a little on the soft side of the overall lethality scale.

My issue with the grenades is that I see a frag or a stick nade land, I'm up and running. Thing still kills me even though I'm 20 feet away. Now, okay, maybe that's how grenades are in the game, I know that's comparable to how the behave irl. But do you know how many grenades I've thrown that have blown up right under someone's celery and grapes and the thing did only 60 damage? I'm not taking elite classes, not talking cavalry, regular average infantry. In what world does a grenade kill you from 20 feet but not when you're standing right over it? I'm pretty sure there wasn't a grundle bundle armor insert in WW1 that dudes slipped in their **** tighties.

This is the inconsistency I've been talking about. Let me drop another example. Was on that forest map, forget the name, it's the one with no vehicles other than the train. Some dude snipes me with the SMLE Infantry. I was at full health, but there was no headshot. Figured I was the this mystical sweet spot everybody talks about and is large AF, yet i can never find it. I was like "eff this dude" pulled out the exact same gun. Saw the dude and popper him first in his chest. I get a 85 damage thing on the screen, he hits me a half second later, I die. I shot him in his upper torso, and I know he didn't have a headshot. So, like, wtf? He gets a sweet spot 1 hit no headshot kill but I hit him first from the exact same distance with the exact same gun and I get nothing. In. Con. Sist. Ent. Cy. There's no "git gud", "madcuzbad", "you're a noob", etc, that somehow puts this on me like I wasn't good enough. Same gun, same distance, I'm assuming roughly the same bullet placement, and I hit first. There should have been no reason that dude got that kill. There wasn't anyone else near him that could have squeaked a kolibri bullet in to soften me up. It was just that dude. And that type of thing has been happening CONSISTENTLY since the recent update. About 1/3 to about 1/2 of my deaths by scout have come off 1 hit no headshot kills. And it's happening from anywhere from 50-100m. And I've used those exact weapons from those exact distances and I get hit markers while they get a bump to their KD.
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with points 3, 10, 17, 18 and 21 as I consider them to be genuine bugs / issues outstanding in the game - among others.
    I had hoped they would have addressed these important issues with the winter whiner patch but that just turned out to be a large sack of nerfs wrapped up in some eye candy (ribbons etc). The revive bug and the points I've agreed with you on remain and will likely be around for a while longer. We can hope DICE address them in the next patch but I'm not holding my breath. They're probably already winding down and are near the end of the scheduled life cycle for BF1 and are slowly diverting resources into planning / developing the next buggy installment great title in the Battlefield franchise / series.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    36. No vehicle balance.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game has issues sure, but you're list is just not good.
    I dont even have the energy to reply cause you're post is so wrong.
    Seriously this might be the worst post I ever read here and that says a lot.
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I can agree on those:
    15. I'm on fire about 45% of the time. Not from incendiary grenades, but from flares (seriously, why do they do damage) and from the environment.
    22. We still can't change vehicle settings in the main menu. We have to download an app for that. Hurr Durr, Durrrrr. How stupid.
    23. 33. Direct hits with mortars, either variant, don't seem to kill enemies. You need to have at least two hits or hit a damaged enemy. What's the purpose of it?
    34. Scout mines don't kill either. Again, unless they're wounded, it's not killing anyone. It's now a loud alarm.
    Everything else is just personal preference, skill or teamplay.
    But what about the stuff thats really broken? Like I recently killed someone, then his buddy spawned directly on that corpse, killed him aswell, went for the reload just to get killed by the third person magically appearing on the other two corpses.
    This and the various other bugs are whats mainly killing the game, and it does not look like they are going to fix any of that. Instead it seems the upcoming DLC will take 99% of the fun using grenades, SMGs and turn the game into an arcade shooter for pilots. Vehicle reservations have just recently made a fastclicking contest with added surprise spawn bugs.
    ggwp dice, ggwp
  • Mediffs
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm ok with flares setting people on fire, but what really pisses me off is how easily you can catch fire from the environment. Step on an ember and whoosh! You're covered in flames from head to toe... What kind of material are the uniforms made of?!
    Particularly annoying when you're low on health and a piece of glowing coal instakills you.
  • SparkyNuts1985
    edited February 2017
    53MT3X-11 wrote: »
    I agree with points 3, 10, 17, 18 and 21 as I consider them to be genuine bugs / issues outstanding in the game - among others.
    I had hoped they would have addressed these important issues with the winter whiner patch but that just turned out to be a large sack of nerfs wrapped up in some eye candy (ribbons etc). The revive bug and the points I've agreed with you on remain and will likely be around for a while longer. We can hope DICE address them in the next patch but I'm not holding my breath. They're probably already winding down and are near the end of the scheduled life cycle for BF1 and are slowly diverting resources into planning / developing the next buggy installment great title in the Battlefield franchise / series.

I won't hold my breath. They worry so much about nerfs but won't fix the shoddy netcode that's been plaguing this franchise since BF3, even though that fix would solve most of the nerf/buff issues.
    Mediffs wrote: »
    I'm ok with flares setting people on fire, but what really pisses me off is how easily you can catch fire from the environment. Step on an ember and whoosh! You're covered in flames from head to toe... What kind of material are the uniforms made of?!
    Particularly annoying when you're low on health and a piece of glowing coal instakills you.
    My problem with the flares setting people on fire is that it gets used to seal off entryways, and on some maps, that makes even getting into the objective impossible. They already get the benefit of us showing up on the minimap, but to have it set folks on fire, and in certain cases, close off tight corridors is too much.

I'm okay if they want to change it to something, like, as long as you're standing on it it damages you, but it shouldn't set you ablaze. They make it seem like in WW1 it was common practice to pour kerosene all over your body and clothes immediately before a battle and you're carrying magnesium dust in your pockets.
  • Xiox312
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you bought the game thinking that they wouldn't make any changes since the old BF games? It's your mistake. Many people, including myself think that BF1 is one of the best shooters out there. Of course it's going to be different, and I personally prefer a setting like this to modern stuff, and the customisation really isn't an issue to me since I always tend to just try a few guns then stick with the one I like best. For me this is the first BF game I've played that actually feels like you're part of a war or battle, rather than just running around randomly. Although I enjoyed all of the other BF games that I've played, they all felt more like sandbox games rather than war games.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Temp1st wrote: »
    I really hate to be "That guy" but a lot of these are L2P issues.

You must really hate yourself a lot then.
    Not that I dont agree that a lot of this is l2p myself though...
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're entitled to your opinion but I don't share your views on all points:
    25. Finding enemies on objectives is entirely too difficult. The objective sizes can be very large and they can hide in a ton of buildings. If you don't have a scout popping flares, you'll need to go through every single building. This goes back to choosing your realism.

Weird statements here: too many scouts, they shoot too many flares which burn but if you don't have them shoot flares, you can't find the enemy... There are only too many non-flaring passive scouts and scouts can only shoot flares if they're resupplied, which brings us to the too many support players not throwing ammo packs down.
    9) Rock-paper-scissors gun system is stupid and shouldn't exist. Was never an issue before, but you figured you'd go ahead and make it one.
    21. Missing enemy frag grenade icons.
    27. When I get revived, I can't use my primary weapon. What's the point? So I can give the enemy free points?
    28. Why don't my bullets go through one enemy and damage the ones behind him? If they can use their teammate as a shield while shooting through said teammate to land hits, my bullets should go through them.
    30. On Monte Grappa conquest, B and D are unnecessarily difficult to hold. Small entrances, grenade spam, and the transition from light to dark (you can't see a damn thing) make assaulting the position and clearing the enemy stupidly hard. Why can't we demo the roof and cave in the hidey holes?
    32. As I mentioned in 29, the transition from light to dark is too extreme. The people in a dark area are more likely to have a defensive position, and you make it so we can't see them on top of it? I hear talk about balance all the time and I see so many instances where it's completely ignored to the detriment of the game.
    35. Scout mines don't kill either. Again, unless they're wounded, it's not killing anyone. It's now a loud alarm.

I also disagree on these points
  • SparkyNuts1985
    edited February 2017
    Xiox312 wrote: »
    So you bought the game thinking that they wouldn't make any changes since the old BF games? It's your mistake. Many people, including myself think that BF1 is one of the best shooters out there. Of course it's going to be different, and I personally prefer a setting like this to modern stuff, and the customisation really isn't an issue to me since I always tend to just try a few guns then stick with the one I like best. For me this is the first BF game I've played that actually feels like you're part of a war or battle, rather than just running around randomly. Although I enjoyed all of the other BF games that I've played, they all felt more like sandbox games rather than war games.

Way to be a moron bro. Yea, of course I knew they would make changes. But look at the changes they made. They went from have fully customizable guns to having 3 variants of the same gun. Wow. They rip off their last game (battlefront) and stick elite classes in, which no one asked for, and I think ruins the flow of the game. And on top of that, they put in calvary, which are basically elite classes you can spawn as, that take 30 effing hits to kill, but they have a 15 foot sword that instantly kills you.

They take away any real defense against planes, and then give the planes a massive shotgun that destroys everything in a 10 foot radius. Why not give us actual equipment to deal with these **** that spawn rapes two seconds into the round before we can even out of the main spawn? Most of the maps with planes don't even have AA guns at the main spawn. Only a few do. So we have to rely on someone to have the mobile AA (and armor so rarely pops up that it's negligible as a source of defense) or a lucky shot with an AT rocket, tank or field gun. Bullets don't really do much to planes, nothing they can't immediately fix after making their pass.

They take severely limit armored vehicles, and even make it so the enemy teams have more armor than your team does. That wasn't an issue in previous games. You all basically had the same amount of vehicles, down to the number of specific types of vehicles, at least on certain game modes. There wasn't a disadvantage with vehicles, whereas in BF1 it always becomes a disadvantage.

I expect simple things like sound to work. Why should I hear teammates running from 40m away with bullets cracking off, but I can't hear an enemy sprint up a flight of stairs from 10 feet away in an area where not a lot of shooting is taking place? Why are enemy tanks silent? I can hear our tanks from hella far, but I can't hear an enemy tank around the corner? They using suppressors?

I expected a decent balanced game. That wasn't what we got. You think this game is great? That's wonderful. Just know that there are a lot of people who absolutely hate this effing game.
    You're entitled to your opinion but I don't share your views on all points:

Weird statements here: too many scouts, they shoot too many flares which burn but if you don't have them shoot flares, you can't find the enemy... There are only too many non-flaring passive scouts and scouts can only shoot flares if they're resupplied, which brings us to the too many support players not throwing ammo packs down.
    21. Missing enemy frag grenade icons.
    27. When I get revived, I can't use my primary weapon. What's the point? So I can give the enemy free points?
    28. Why don't my bullets go through one enemy and damage the ones behind him? If they can use their teammate as a shield while shooting through said teammate to land hits, my bullets should go through them.
    30. On Monte Grappa conquest, B and D are unnecessarily difficult to hold. Small entrances, grenade spam, and the transition from light to dark (you can't see a damn thing) make assaulting the position and clearing the enemy stupidly hard. Why can't we demo the roof and cave in the hidey holes?
    32. As I mentioned in 29, the transition from light to dark is too extreme. The people in a dark area are more likely to have a defensive position, and you make it so we can't see them on top of it? I hear talk about balance all the time and I see so many instances where it's completely ignored to the detriment of the game.
    35. Scout mines don't kill either. Again, unless they're wounded, it's not killing anyone. It's now a loud alarm.

I also disagree on these points

On the scout point, if you use common sense it isn't hard to figure out. I don't have a problem with scouts that ptfo, I have an issue with the hill humpers taking potshots at people. These maps are too wide open, and the spawns put you out in the wide open with no cover to speak of. That's why we have too many snipers. I don't have an issue with the flares themselves, but I don't think they should engulf me if flames because I stepped over one. Said it earlier, I don't think that soldiers in WW1 poured kerosene over themselves immediately before battle. Why should they become a ball of fire for stepping on one? It's bull. As I said, I don't have an issue with the ptfo scouts, in fact, I welcome them. I like the help the flares give the team.

You can disagree all you want, doesn't mean I'm wrong. If you enjoy playing bad games, then more power to you. But for me, this game is going directly to gamestop on the 7th.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Looks like someone had a horrible match, eh? Or many horrible matches in a row.

Seriously, many of these points sound to me like "I don't know how to play so I die a lot and I decided to come here and let everyone know just how upset I am".

But I have time, so let's go through some points:

1. I don't usually have any problems with netcode these days. Maybe it's because of your region, your internet... who knows.
    2. Care to elaborate?
    3. The good old spawns. Well, I have no advice for you, except maybe checking for that "under fire" thing when spawning on a squadmate.
    4. Guns that seem to break game rules? Ooookay... that makes sense... I guess... (Elaborate).
    5. This is your opinion indeed; many people enjoy cavalry.
    6. Don't really care that much about planes.
    7.I don't care that much about Elite classes. They can be killed, that's all that matters to me.
    8. First of all, there are no "weakest guns", really. Second, you only die 1 shot from rifles, and 2 shots from rifles (again) or headshots. No other weapons kill 1-2 shots. Not even Medic's. And core doesn't feel like hardcore (AT ALL) to me... maybe you need more practice on FPS games.
    9. Gun system seems stupid to the ones who don't understand it.
    10. Sound works fine for me.
    11. Depends on the map. I sometimes count the people on each class for curiosity and, except for Support (which is obviously the least used), there's more or less a balance. Lately there's more Medics, though.
    12. AT rockets... hate them when they hit me, love them when I use them.
    13. "Everyone has infinite grenades". Nope, just your perception, pal. But they can be resupplied.
    14. Well, the concept of the gas grenades is fun. But they should be limited to only 1.
    15. See that glowing thing in front of you? It burns. Don't go straight to it and it won't hurt you. The environmental don't do almost any damage.
    16. Well, you got, 3 or 4 planes (I don't even know) and 4 or 5 tanks (again, don't know exactly). I think that's fine.
    17. About the LMG's you can join one of the 1232134 threads about them here on the forums. I've been using some of them lately, and they seem fine IMO.
    18. If you complain about the sweet spot and then say it doesn't even work, where is the problem here?
    19. Seriously, I have no problem at all finding/spotting people. Again, looks like you need more practice.
    20. Never happened to me.
    21. You can still point people out on the open, I don't know what you're saying here. And I personally find it very helpful. Damn, I have my finger on the spot button more often than on the shooting button.
    22. One thing I agree. But I don't really use vehicles.
    23. Is bad enough to have an armored train shooting through the entire map non-stop. You even want to buff it? (Then go play CoD, btw, where's the issue? No judgements here).
    24. You could hide even if it was demolished completely. I remember the good times I spent hiding (camping, yes, okay, don't judge me) on the ruined buildings in BF4. No one ever looks, and even if they did, it was hard to see anyone in there. Now all you have is the 4 corners of the building, mostly, enough to provide a minimum emergency cover, so it's fine.
    25. So you would prefer to be automatically spotted once you are on the objective? That's, above all things, boring. Don't be lazy and sweep those buildings, ffs, it's not that hard.
    26. We call that a bug, pal.
    27. Ever heard of a collateral?
    28. So you are saying that only your shots bounce. That's a bit paranoid isn't it?
    29. It adds variety. It doesn't hurt to have some different objectives. Besides, if you are enough people, you can always take it from the top.
    30. Both sides have pilots dropping on the flags. So it isn't that bad.
    31. I don't have trouble with dark spaces. Maybe it's because of my witcher cat-eyes.
    32. Handguns and primary weapons have different mechanics, so I don't see the issue. If they really were better, everybody would just drop their rifles, and I don't see that.
    33. The mortars are very spammable. This is the way to make them balanced. Their purpose is to help clearing buildings and disperse the infantry.
    34. You mean tripwires. A loud alarm is exactly what I need to warn me of enemies entering the same building I'm in. It makes them weak and easy to finish off, too.
    35. Oh yes, the old "no customization" argument. Really, what is it that you want? 50 different sights that do the same thing, 30 barrels and 45 bipods/grips, doing the same thing too? Or "cool things" like dices hanging from the gun and pink skins? Personally, I like to play shooters, not a 'dress my gun' game.

Btw, you don't have to show people that "this game is one of the worst AAA titles to come out in years", I think everyone can make an opinion for their own here, being negative or positive.

Dam', that was long. (If anyone read it fully, I tip my hat to him/her).