BF4 compared to BF1?

ReignerDeustcher
132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2017
I just finished Bf1 campaign and was great... but things are different in the multiplayer, so i want to know if the gameplay feels better than BF4, how's the ttk? same? how's the maps, better or worst? it is worthy to buy?etc

Comments

• NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefer BF4 personally, but BF1 is far from bad. TTK is pretty much the same, as long as you take into account the fact that most of the guns fire pretty slow. The maps are ok, kinda the same as BF4 in design quality IMO. It's worth buying, but maybe on sale at this point.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I played the BF1 beta and never went back. Hated it. Everything seemed too easy, especially vehicles and sniping.
    Nothing i've seen since BF1 was released has made me want to buy it, even when 99% of my friends moved on to it.

The campaign seemed good from videos i've seen, but a good campaign is not enough reason (for me) to buy a fps game.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    I have played BF1 since launch.

Last week I bought BF4 just for a change of pace, I have not played BF1 since...

There are too many broken things in BF1 which make it borderline unplayable at the moment, I will go back when it gets better though.

If you are considering buying it I would wait.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer BF4.

BF1 is not a bad game, but it has way too many annoying aspects.
  • JarheadPlays
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    im sorry but if you think bf1 is worse than bf4 youre very wrong, atleast on bf1 the hit detection actually works.
  • Turban_Legend80
    im sorry but if you think bf1 is worse than bf4 youre very wrong, atleast on bf1 the hit detection actually works.

I'm sorry but if you think somebody's opinion is wrong you are anidiot.

At least on BF4 the aim assist is not an actual aim bot. And snipers dont have aim assist. And only two maps have grenade spam. And hipfire isnt godmode. And vehicles/sniping isnt easymode.

See what I did there?
  • IIIF0NTIII
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just finished Bf1 campaign and was great... but things are different in the multiplayer, so i want to know if the gameplay feels better than BF4, how's the ttk? same? how's the maps, better or worst? it is worthy to buy?etc

BF1 is a casual game with a skillgap completly removed.
    BF4 is still a casual game with a skillgap.
  • mpls_big_daddy
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love BF4. I will play it as long as I can.

I don't think I've played BF1 long enough to have an educated opinion (and I also played the beta) to say anything, but my initial reaction is that the game was made to give the lowest common denominator a chance; there is aim-assist, even when you turn it off, losing team is given a chance to come back with those airships..., entire team snipes out of spawn and never advances, what the heck? PTFO is gone.

It generally feels like it doesn't matter who wins or loses, hopefully everyone has a good time: which sucks.

I play to win. Lose? Try harder next time.

At the moment however, work is consuming me, and I haven't been able to play in chunks for a while, and am instead investing what little console-down-time I have, to a new FO4 character.

Hopefully when I've brought two new managers on-line will I have enough of a chance to get some serious action.
  • Bratzpoemper
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bf4 is even after thousands of hours fun to me, bf1 was booring after hitting 100 hours.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    bf4 is even after thousands of hours fun to me, bf1 was booring after hitting 100 hours.

+1 - I felt the same way about BF3. Then again, I don't have BF1, so my opinion is moot.
  • wsupchris1222444
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    I prefer BF4.

We need to play together sometime.

I prefer bf4 over bf1, too many annoying aspects in bf1 and it just isn't that fun.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer BF4.

Sure, why not. ATM I'm just busy as hell with my studies
  • unctheels
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i dont think BF1 is a bad game by any means, but its just not for me. i prefer more modern weapons variations, thus i prefer BF4 over BF1 any day. for me personally BF4 is just WAY more fun and its not even close. i bought BF1 at launch and played it for a few weeks. however, i eventually found myself back on BF4, and i honestly dont miss BF1 at all. im just ready for EA/DICE to release BF5, a true modern era sequel to BF4. thats if/when they ever do.
  • Turban_Legend80

Dont add him mate. If he ends up on the enemy team he will ruin your day. Every. Single. Time.
  • wsupchris1222444
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF4 feels soo much better than BF1, it is a lot more fun to play, the gun battles actually feel balanced, less of the random bs deaths. Some people will compare the beginning of BF4 to BF1 and say that BF1 was better in the beginning but not really, although BF4 had a plethora of issues and bugs it was still more fun to play.

I honestly don't see BF1 becoming a great game in a couple years time, it is beautiful graphics wise and I like some of the things in BF1 that weren't in BF4 but overall BF4 will always be a better game. Hopefully I am wrong because I want to like BF1.
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF4 is way more fun. BF1 has significant engine improvements. But, the WWI setting is boring and repetitive af! I much prefer BF4 maps and weaponry. The vehicles are far more powerful and diverse. We really deserve a proper title soon.
  • okachuka
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefer BF4.

Simply this.
  • decimation420x
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    First they artificially cap skill by adding all that extra bs bullet deviation, nerfing the effective range of automatics, while simplifying the **** out of sniping so to both buff & cater to the most cancerous of players know to FPS's, camping, objective ignoring PussC snipers. What pure flaming trash. Hate them for that garbage. Although the game looks great, which of course is all that matters to your average cosumer doofus looking for immersion over all else.

But then you have self repairing super tanks & flamethrower super soldiers which is a whole nother rant. It all screams Hell No
  • unctheels
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 is way more fun. BF1 has significant engine improvements. But, the WWI setting is boring and repetitive af! I much prefer BF4 maps and weaponry. The vehicles are far more powerful and diverse. We really deserve a proper title soon.

im with you on this.