Weekly BF

Scout class suddenly changed

Msverhoeven
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2017
Dear Dice,

I'm pretty disappointed in the fact that my scout class changed from 50 back to 17.
I've got more then 2.7 million scout score and putting me back to 17 makes me feel disappointed. I've worked so hard to get that score and after the update I received my 50 and now it is changed and it is all useless. I really don't want to start over. That's just ****. I

Please fix this.
Give me my rewarding status back!

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You weren't a 50. That's what you would have been if there were 50 ranks, but there weren't, there were 10. Now you get to get 50 levels worth of xp for a second time ;) lol
  • Msverhoeven
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You weren't a 50. That's what you would have been if there were 50 ranks, but there weren't, there were 10. Now you get to get 50 levels worth of xp for a second time ;) lol

Well for weeks I was and I was happy that they awarded me with all of my effort. Now it's more like, well thanks dude but start over. /Evillaugh

And I think that sucks!
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've worked so hard to get that score and after the update I received my 50 and now it is changed and it is all useless. I really don't want to start over. That's just ****. I

Uhm.. no, you didn't? No one did, the XP You had earned prior to the Winter update didn't automatically level you to 50 Or whatever rank you would be. On the Battlefield Companion or whatever I think it said you were 50 Based on your XP, but you weren't actually. Hell, I'm Rank 46 Or something on my Medic now but I bet because of my almost 5 Million Medic score it'll tell me I'm Rank 50.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There were only 10 ranks until the update. How much time do you spend playing to get to 50 so quickly? :P
  • A1_GR33N_
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    I too was 'theoretical 50', but it was never DICE's intention to just roll everyone up to the new limit. It was always going to be a case of 'here, have another 40 ranks to get through, now get going'. Fact is, as a theoretical rank 50, you clearly scout well (or a lot) so either way, in a few months you'll be out ahead of the majority again.

I mean, had you planned to stop playing at rank 50 or something?

Or to look at it a different way, if the bank accidentally gave you a million, would you bit€h and moan when they took it back? I presume you weren't complaining when you were rank 10 at the start of last week were you?
  • Msverhoeven
    edited February 2017
    I've worked so hard to get that score and after the update I received my 50 and now it is changed and it is all useless. I really don't want to start over. That's just ****. I

Uhm.. no, you didn't? No one did, the XP You had earned prior to the Winter update didn't automatically level you to 50 Or whatever rank you would be. On the Battlefield Companion or whatever I think it said you were 50 Based on your XP, but you weren't actually. Hell, I'm Rank 46 Or something on my Medic now but I bet because of my almost 5 Million Medic score it'll tell me I'm Rank 50.

Yes that is the case and I do think that they need to reward your class regarding your points. So if you had 2.5 million before the update. The update need to check your score and award you by the right class rank.

How could a person with 2.7 million points be 17 and someone else with 300.000 be 20? I think it's strange

@A1_GR33N_
    Well I understand what you mean, but I thought that they would adjust it to the level you are and I think that is rewarding.

Your back example: sorry totally useless because it's a complete different situation
  • A1_GR33N_
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    @A1_GR33N_
    Well I understand what you mean, but I thought that they would adjust it to the level you are and I think that is rewarding.

Your back example: sorry totally useless because it's a complete different situation
    Ok, fair enough, second example was a stretch. But the fact is, everyone was complaining (loudly) about lack of ranks. So they give more ranks, and make sure that everyone has to work through them again. Is it ideal? I dunno. Is everyone happy? Unlikely (does that ever happen). Does it really matter? I mean, really? I do hope not.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes that is the case and I do think that they need to reward your class regarding your points. So if you had 2.5 million before the update. The update need to check your score and award you by the right class rank.

How could a person with 2.7 million points be 17 and someone else with 300.000 be 20? I think it's strange

Personally I'm fine with it not adding the existing XP I have to my Class Rank. It's been kinda fun grinding to Rank 50 As a Medic, though I don't give a crap about it for any of the other classes so maybe I'm more relaxed with it since Medic is also really easy to level up.
  • MonkishOnion
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I figured people would be happy since they are always complaining about not having anything to progress towards. Now people are upset that they aren't already at max level.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I had over 4.5 million scout score before update. Should have been level 50 according to the companion app. But oh well, started at level 10 like everyone else. I now have just over 5 million points and level 30 something. So I went from 10 to 30 with roughly half a million points... Probably less. So about 200 thou per 10 levels. And I've been playing medic a lot.... Could have been already at 50 in the scout class easy if that's the only class I use. So it's not hard and not that much points to level up.
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I figured people would be happy since they are always complaining about not having anything to progress towards. Now people are upset that they aren't already at max level.

They don't care about progress.

They care about epeen.
  • Msverhoeven
    A1_GR33N_ wrote: »
    @A1_GR33N_

Ok, fair enough, second example was a stretch. But the fact is, everyone was complaining (loudly) about lack of ranks. So they give more ranks, and make sure that everyone has to work through them again. Is it ideal? I dunno. Is everyone happy? Unlikely (does that ever happen). Does it really matter? I mean, really? I do hope not.

Well I think it sucks cause all the work again, but it doesn't mean I can't start over. I'm just not a fan of that.

@Others:
    Thanks for all your input.
    I thought I was far but I read about 5 million points so I've to do some work.

Well see you on the battlefield!
    I'm that scout that is trying to get points ;-)
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mine just glitched and stays at rank 10 gaining nothing
  • Msverhoeven
    Mine just glitched and stays at rank 10 gaining nothing

That makes me lucky, but did you reported it somewhere?