Do NOT rent a server. Here's everything it lacks.

Comments

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well you CAN but it requires breaking the EA/DICE ToS.
  • BruceWillii
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Still no news about RSP fixes. That's so sad.

Still waiting for:

4-6 player start...
    multiple server admins...
    working server browser...
    server messages about rules and everything we had in BF4 via in game chat...
    working quick match allocation...

How much time will they need. Isn't it possible to tell us if it needs maybe 1-12 weeks or 1-12 months?
    I am playing more and more BF4 again because it's so sad to play with cheaters and raging kids, unable to warn, kick or ban them.
    Post edited by BruceWillii on
  • ShevermiN
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Look I'm not shy in coming to these forums and complaining about some of the decisions DICE makes regarding the game but I have to back the 10 player start. If you don't have 10 people to start a server you are not a clan..

When they drop the server start to 4-6 we will see a proliferation of custom servers started by a small groups that are hardly clans and we will see the return of the badmin curse.

And to answer when everything will be right, well there are 4 DLC's over 2017 so when the last DLC drops we will probably see all the options rolled out. That would be my best guess.

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Look I'm not shy in coming to these forums and complaining about some of the decisions DICE makes regarding the game but I have to back the 10 player start. If you don't have 10 people to start a server you are not a clan..

When they drop the server start to 4-6 we will see a proliferation of custom servers started by a small groups that are hardly clans and we will see the return of the badmin curse.

And to answer when everything will be right, well there are 4 DLC's over 2017 so when the last DLC drops we will probably see all the options rolled out. That would be my best guess.

10 Players to start a server with No QM traffic and a broken server browser? Pls step away from the crack pipe. Most clans have one issue starting a 10 player start server. a LOT of clanners have put down BF1 because of the state of the servers. Don't put down a group because of some self perceived superiority complex.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

u wot m8?

What happens to those clans/communities just starting out? You know, the ones that don't have 10 members but want to attract more members by running game servers but can't start those servers because they don't have enough players, but they would have more players if they could attract players to their server but the server browser is broken so they can't get noticed so they don't get more members so they can't start their server.... just trolling, but seriously, don't be daft. 10 player start is undeniably terrible for servers that run on a broken browser.

4 player start was never a problem in BF4, I never had a problem with "badmins". I can not reiterate how easy it is to combat badmins, there is actually a trick to it, you press esc, leave server, go to server browser, filter your desired settings, pick a different server and never go back to the server that had a badmin on it. Or option 2, stop being a cheap leech and rent your own server and play the way you want to.
  • BruceWillii
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

u wot m8?

What happens to those clans/communities just starting out? You know, the ones that don't have 10 members but want to attract more members by running game servers but can't start those servers because they don't have enough players, but they would have more players if they could attract players to their server but the server browser is broken so they can't get noticed so they don't get more members so they can't start their server.... just trolling, but seriously, don't be daft. 10 player start is undeniably terrible for servers that run on a broken browser.

4 player start was never a problem in BF4, I never had a problem with "badmins". I can not reiterate how easy it is to combat badmins, there is actually a trick to it, you press esc, leave server, go to server browser, filter your desired settings, pick a different server and never go back to the server that had a badmin on it. Or option 2, stop being a cheap leech and rent your own server and play the way you want to.

The only problem with 4 player start was stats padders. Hate it when I had a day off and joined our server in the morning hours just to see 4 people on it doing pistol kills over and over again at their meeting point on the map. Just banned one for stats padding, the other 3 left immediately.
  • NetRngr
    Sorry I really dont see what the big deal is. It's not like it's going to do anything other than make their e-peen swell up. If they suck so bad they have to do that it's a really sad commentary on them nothing else. Never really saw why people got so bent. Not like they are farming bitcoins or something.
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    here's the bottom line, 4 player, 6 player, 10 player start...we still don't have it several months post-release of RSP. we have been receiving vague tweets saying coming soon & stay tuned for months. it's a joke at this point...

• CrashCA
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Beyond a joke, an insult !!
  • Jaskaman
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    We just have to wait it will be fixed asap. Problem is that many from our clan has already stopped BF1 because of the lack of this and lack of the content in BF1, hopefully at least this new DLC will bring some ppl back and the rest after server control is fixed to adequate level :)
  • BruceWillii
    A.H. twittered that they fixed they fixed the disappearing server admin option.
    It's not that they are doing nothing.
    I believe they will fix the RSP.
    I understand why they are not allowed to report about the status of their works.
    We know what will be added to the RSP. But it makes me just nervous not knowing when it will be added.
    @Striterax : Will there be an option to rent a 48 slot server for less amount than the 64 slot server when the RSP has left Beta-Status?
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    why do they make a ingame admin tool for only the guy who rents the server...at the every least we should be able to create more admins....
  • morgs777
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So took them days 'fixed the disappearing server admin option' and cant alter others !
    I bet 4 person server start is just altering a number and QM traffic is just a tick box.

Cant understand their motives, they have taken our money, holding a carrot for march updates as we need to spend more money to get map pack and supposed RSP updates.

Insulting to say the least, why not just say what your working on for the march release then at least they could get positive feedback, and not treating us like mushrooms ! !
  • Jaskaman
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    morgs777 wrote: »
    So took them days 'fixed the disappearing server admin option' and cant alter others !
    I bet 4 person server start is just altering a number and QM traffic is just a tick box.

Cant understand their motives, they have taken our money, holding a carrot for march updates as we need to spend more money to get map pack and supposed RSP updates.

Insulting to say the least, why not just say what your working on for the march release then at least they could get positive feedback, and not treating us like mushrooms ! !

I agree with you on these. But maybe should use other media (Twitter/Reddit) to report. We need info about changes when they are available so we could rent a server, I bet many clans are holding with their RSP renting because of these missing features (4-6p startings, abilitity to set many admins, move, VIP, server messages) and yes there should be possible to rent 1/2 server.
  • NetRngr
    I understand why they are not allowed to report about the status of their works.
    We know what will be added to the RSP. But it makes me just nervous not knowing when it will be added.
    @Striterax : Will there be an option to rent a 48 slot server for less amount than the 64 slot server when the RSP has left Beta-Status?

The are not following the model of the old servers. You dont rent by slot anymore. ALL servers are 64 slot. The gamemode you configure is what dictates the player count.
    You sound a lot like I did when trying to be supportive. I work with development teams on a daily basis and have for the past 30 years in the IT field. They could have had the servers done and done right MONTHS ago but their poor planning , backwards priorities, and lack of vision in allocating resources along with the generally myopic view of the new game vs the older ones features that had been refined over years of playtesting goes to show just how out of touch with their games communities and fan base they are.
  • Jaskaman
    NetRngr wrote: »

The are not following the model of the old servers. You dont rent by slot anymore. ALL servers are 64 slot. The gamemode you configure is what dictates the player count.
    You sound a lot like I did when trying to be supportive. I work with development teams on a daily basis and have for the past 30 years in the IT field. They could have had the servers done and done right MONTHS ago but their poor planning , backwards priorities, and lack of vision in allocating resources along with the generally myopic view of the new game vs the older ones features that had been refined over years of playtesting goes to show just how out of touch with their games communities and fan base they are.

Yeah, I work in IT field as well, 23 years past in IT working life :) And yes u are correct
  • KDMaxximous
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »

Yep. What he said.
  • KDMaxximous
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    #dicefraudalert
  • retypeNick
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Wheres the latest full feature list for renting a server?

Like setting health %, etc.
  • NetRngr
    retypeNick wrote: »
    Wheres the latest full feature list for renting a server?

Like setting health %, etc.

Does Not exist