Weekly Debrief

Titanfall 2

GixThis
38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
How is this game? So far it has pretty excellent reviews and it's $35 right now. Is the online community flourishing four months later? What are your thoughts about the game, specifically, multiplayer?

Comments

• WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    played one round literally and never played again. it's COD type trash imo
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've been playing TF2 quite a bit as of lately while waiting on the next BF patch and have no complaints about it and been having a lot of fun. I was a little discouraged at first until I started ranking my Titans up and figuring out what works better for different situations.
  • Vespervin
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played it for a week when it came out but I have not played it since. It's such a boring game that I most definitely regret paying full price for.
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    The game is awesome. Multiplayer is solid, singleplayer is epic.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's amazing. I thought it would be something I played when I wanted a break from BF1, but I play BF1 to take a break from TF2. The campaign is easily one of, if not the best FPS campaign I have ever played, and the multiplayer, while it may look CoDesque, if far better than you'd think.

Imagine back to when CoD was good, and add in the Titans, and an advanced movement system that one, doesn't actually ruin the game, and two, is smooth, intuitive and fun to use.

Add in the fact that the maps are designed around the advanced movement, unlike in CoD, and you have one absolutely awesome FPS game.
  • Toxic_CA
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never played the single player but multiplayer is a blast.
  • GixThis
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Well I picked it up. PS Store had it listed today for $23.99. Then I saw Wally World had it marked down to $24.99 and I just bought the physical copy for about $3.00 more.

I've only played one game and it's fun but I have no clue what I'm doing. There is so much action I can't grasp the controls yet. Then my Titan was delayed for a long time while my first one was pretty immediate.

What site or tutorials do you all recommend? I don't know where to start. Did well for the "ground" game while everyone was flying around. LOL
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    I never played the single player but multiplayer is a blast.

Do check out the singleplayer. You'll love it.
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GixThis wrote: »
    Well I picked it up. PS Store had it listed today for $23.99. Then I saw Wally World had it marked down to $24.99 and I just bought the physical copy for about $3.00 more.

I've only played one game and it's fun but I have no clue what I'm doing. There is so much action I can't grasp the controls yet. Then my Titan was delayed for a long time while my first one was pretty immediate.

What site or tutorials do you all recommend? I don't know where to start. Did well for the "ground" game while everyone was flying around. LOL

Join the Titanfall2 forum everyone on their is very helpful and is always sharing tactics nd ideas.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd suggest playing through the single player first. Not only is it an amazing campaign, but it helps you get the hang of the movement system. Probably one of the few campaigns that are actually useful in preparing you for the multiplayer.
    GixThis wrote: »

• Tactical_wizzzeR
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Titanfall 2 is a game where one of the Titans has an execution move that involves the Titan stabbing another Titan with a giant **** minigun, lifting him in the air and firing the minigun into it's chassis and than tossing the remaining wreckage into the ground.

Titanfall 2 is stupid, Titanfall 2 is freaking awesome, just play it, have fun and when you can pull an execution move- DO IT!