Where is my MVP award?

Tygonsam
66 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Ok I want personally the MVP ribbon reinstated.
Before you start with the blah blah hostility .. neh neh this isn't BF4.

Your right it's not BF4,
BF1 looks better feels better plays ok but...
Everything that BF4 had perfected is thrown to the kerb , back to square 1 .

Ok so about theMVP .
In BF4 getting an MVP ribbon was like "YEAH" I'm the best . Brushing dandruff off your shoulders with no one around to see .
And getting an MVP on a losing team against a 3k kicker for the victors .
Now that's screen shot, in yo face worthy , throw your 70€ controller gently onto the bed kinda **** kicking.

The lack of this simple little reward has , to me . Kind of dulled the experience..

I can see the silly little jimmy typing trolls now just in from school . Saw an MVP once on a dog in the local park they think ..
"MVPs are selfish, they just sit in tanks and your not a team player, and nobody cares , boo hoo"
Should I continue. ?

Well I have news for you buddy old pal. To become an MVP you need to be a points junkie .
How do you get points little jimmy ?
You PTFO
you kill more than you die
You repair , revive, give and take orders ... anything to eek out a few 100 more points than the 61 players who weren't as good as you or who just don't care about it as much .
"And also the people who arrive late , because there is no pregame info ...AHHH... " hate that Btw

To surmise
Winning MVP is now an empty modern game beating kinda feeling .
In my day when you beat a game you got something. Ie not blindness and epileptic seizures from an hour long credits roll .

I want dog tags that took work to get. These are all pissy and easy .
Where's my . "I'm a flipping bad as **** MVP dog tag. And when you are killed by me you will see my trophy of lengendaryness on your screen , and say fair enough. MVP over 250 times."

Comments

• NewGIGNRecruit
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok...
  • Tygonsam
    Thanks .. I actually want fireworks on the highlight screen . Think dice could do that for me
  • BillSzoverdu
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm gonna have to agree with this one. MVP should be front and center at the end of the match and get a battlepack. Unlock a tag once you've got 50 mvps.
  • Tygonsam
    It's something to work for and be proud of
  • Shtaff
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    i agree bring it back battlelog, leaderboards, mvp . already game it's dead on pc with creapy server rental dice move your **** please hardline was better on that ( battlelog stats etc ....
    Post edited by Shtaff on
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll agree as well, especially when you can make the board for a 400 point squad score lol
  • Tempt0r
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Funny thing is, no one cares about your dog tag when you kill them. They don't even see it , they want t get back into the game as soon as possible. Should get a melee weapon or something for 50 MVPs.
  • disposalist
    9009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah I'd go for an MVP prize. At least a ribbon.
  • TheANGRIERonE
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Might wanna work on that dandruff problem before worrying about virtual ribbons :smiley:
  • Tygonsam
    Dust dust dust . Ehhmm . The unfortunate thing is, little things like this were part of the reason I retired from BF1. Plus a whole multitude of gripes with the game " Insert sad face" . I know they are now talking about bringing back some sort of ribbons but for me the chalice is already tainted .

I'm a tanker, solid and dependable and for me they killed the game when they nerfed the big tank. It was already on the edge of being swamped by AT . And I felt it was balanced perfectly.
    Now it's too weak to PTFO so all those whingers who said it's more like a fat sniper,, are now. Guess what ?
    Correct
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thing is. This game is so casual it is just handing participation awards.

No matter if you do good or bad nobody cares.
    Its an fps game without a soul. Full casual shooter pew pew.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I already know when I'm MVP, I don't really need a ribbon or award to tell me.
    Does it really matter?
  • Tygonsam
    It's the MVP dog tag that I wanted . 250 MVPs . MVP dog tag =badass . Everyone knows when they score the most points they are MVP .
    KakeHC wrote: »

I agree completely

• XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree. But. In conquest for example. Visuallice a squad holding tight the back alleys between flag C and D the whole match. Cuting the flow of enemies completly allowing the team to capture freely. They will be the most valuable asset of the team but the squad will be down in the scoreboard.

I understand there has to be some way to quantify stuff. Points are one. Of course. And it is complicated to implement something deeper, more complex. But sometimes the ones getting the higher scores are Flag rushers being supported by MVP teammates.

Cheers!
  • Monomat
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Considering how random the MVPs at the end of a round are it would be more luck based than on doing something for the team.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree. But. In conquest for example. Visuallice a squad holding tight the back alleys between flag C and D the whole match. Cuting the flow of enemies completly allowing the team to capture freely. They will be the most valuable asset of the team but the squad will be down in the scoreboard.

I understand there has to be some way to quantify stuff. Points are one. Of course. And it is complicated to implement something deeper, more complex. But sometimes the ones getting the higher scores are Flag rushers being supported by MVP teammates.

Cheers!

That actually is true, just because someone tops the board for points, which let's be honest, isn't exactly hard to run flag to flag, doesn't mean they're the best player on said match.
    It's just another useless stat for people to brag about, then complain about.

I like your thinking :smile:
  • Tygonsam
    What are you actually talking about ?? Read the start of the thread . MVP is the number 1 player . That is the person whom has contributed the most to the team by scoring points .... because it's a game won by points and teamwork .
    You get points by PTFO .
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tygonsam wrote: »
    What are you actually talking about ?? Read the start of the thread . MVP is the number 1 player . That is the person whom has contributed the most to the team by scoring points .... because it's a game won by points and teamwork .
    You get points by PTFO .

I don't recall wining a match because of "points" in battlefield. Sorry. Kills, ticket bleed, Mcom Captures, but not soldier points.
  • Mediffs
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This sums up BF1 perfectly. I still enjoy playing it, but this game tries so hard to make everybody feel good it's become basically a song of praise for mediocrity.

BF1 would give this guy a gold medal for participating
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    Mediffs wrote: »

This sums up BF1 perfectly. I still enjoy playing it, but this game tries so hard to make everybody feel good it's become basically a song of praise for mediocrity.

BF1 would give this guy a gold medal for participating

This is very sadly true. XD. It is fun as hell but has orvitated towards the arcade style a bit more leaving the strategy a little bit forgotten.