Why make the server start so hard DICE?

2»

Comments

• CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly do NOT care about people's stats, if they "stat pad" its their problem not mine, they are the ones that are making their game boring.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FlopTrain wrote: »
    So, how many players need to be in a server to start it be populated by Quickmatch?

It was 4 on BF4 and that worked really well...Why have they changed this?

You need 10v10 (or 20 in total) and the map reloads. Then all of those 20 players need to press deploy in order to start 1 minute counter and then the game starts. If you get 15v15, the counter is 5sec, I think. Usually what happens is that
    - some people are connecting slowly and less patient ones leave
    - people don't understand that they need to press deploy in order for the game counter to register you
    - see that it says "waiting for players to join, 15vs15 needed" and don't have patience
    - leave just to mess with you and you have to wait an hour or two more and you can't do anything unless all of the players leave and join back...
    Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that you get less players via Quick Match if your server has less than 20 players. Once the game finally starts, the server fills up in minutes. It's a mess!

RSP servers get 0 players from QM
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    What I want to know is why do we need 10vs10 players to start a server?
    And when we get those 10vs10 why do they have to press deploy in order to start the server?
    And why does it say that you need 15vs15 to start the server? To confuse players more? (I understand that 15v15 starts faster than 10v10, but this is pure misinformation.)

i am the owner of BEvdG servers 1 24 7 st quentin and the other was till today argonne 24 7 ,now amiens 24 7 and wil become fort vaux 24 7 we fill the st quentin server up everyday for 2months now and the other for 3 months so i know how the process is , you DON't have to press deploy i am 100% sure about that you can check that out yourself by pressing deploy and undoing the deploy then above the number doesnt change from 9/10 to 8/10 or whatever number plus our idlers (an old pc with an origin account and bf1 that clans use to fill up servers) never press deploy still they count.

But after pre-round that screen of 15 needed is inddeed confusing and terrible , that needs to go quickly and i was very very dissapointed that it wasnt there in the 14feb17 winter patch, out of 5 times you reach the 20 1 of that 5 times goes wrong on that part, you really - each time - have to chat as a mofu in chat to explain that the 1minute not starts at 30 but at 20, and if it still goes wrong then you have a huge problemn it goes from 19 to something like 14 and then you need to wait for 6 players without anyone being able to walk arpund, that is impossible .... 14 ending up at 2 players and then you have to start alll over again, i have hours a week waisted on this, if the number from 19... 18.. 14 goes lower and lower and it doesnt go back to pre-round but below 4 (so 3 2 and 1) then the server gets reset finally to pre-round and then you can walk again and the dance of filling up starts all over so much time waisted.

p.s. if you start a new server , you need this : no custom settings , you need 3 or 4 pcs that are constantly in it, if it is 1 map or 2 or 3 all these map names must be in the server name (i have seen many tries of ameins or argonne only servers who did not put the name of the map in the name of the server and none have ever had a start , so never above 20). I have seen many new servers that within hours of the first try are full. The community finds them so quickly. And ofcourse dont make a server with for example fao fortres and giant shadow 24/7 these 2 maps are probaly in the bottem list of maps people want to play.
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • Jaskaman
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm happy to see you succeeded NL73schietdammer, we bought BF1 server 3 times, each time we bought it was 1 day for testing. 1st time in Day 1 in RSP, we got the QM traffic and it was full in 10 minutes, even I went there alone. 2nd and 3rd time we didn't get the QM traffic with default settings so 6 of our members spend there 2-3 hrs at evening (after 18 CET) and managed to get it running after requesting a lot of people to help us... Last time we bough it was 2 weeks ago. I would not want to rent a server just to set it for 1 map -rather having most of the maps. And our members didn't want us to have server with 20ppl requirement and missing functions... Problem is also to get a lot of members online at same time--- also people get bored fast if no one is joining fast so they go to other servers....
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    I'm happy to see you succeeded NL73schietdammer, we bought BF1 server 3 times, each time we bought it was 1 day for testing. 1st time in Day 1 in RSP, we got the QM traffic and it was full in 10 minutes, even I went there alone. 2nd and 3rd time we didn't get the QM traffic with default settings so 6 of our members spend there 2-3 hrs at evening (after 18 CET) and managed to get it running after requesting a lot of people to help us... Last time we bough it was 2 weeks ago. I would not want to rent a server just to set it for 1 map -rather having most of the maps. And our members didn't want us to have server with 20ppl requirement and missing functions... Problem is also to get a lot of members online at same time--- also people get bored fast if no one is joining fast so they go to other servers....

My clan has 5 idlers , old pcs with an bf1 account and ofcoruse not too old so they can still run bf1 , i know other clans who have 10 even, those you put into a server. And those clans give eachother within the clan teamviewer access to their idlers so the 1 guy that is on watch that day throws them all inside the server that needs to be kickstarted. And if you help with your main account then i press escape > options > video : change fullscreen to windowed and make bf1 smaller, and then browse websites or do wahtever you normally do on pc and when you see that bar on top reaching 10+10 then you go fullscreen again, p.s. do not minimize your game , because if you forget battleofeld 1 running for hours you wont never be kicked when afk kick should work (that starts after you reach the 20players that 5minutes afk autokick) but it doesnt , i have been idle in a fullserver for a day once in bf1, after that companion said i won 8 rounds that day and lost 5. I made a topic on that but so far dice hasnt fixed that.
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My clan has 5 idlers , old pcs with an bf1 account and ofcoruse not too old so they can still run bf1 , i know other clans who have 10 even, those you put into a server. And those clans give eachother within the clan teamviewer access to their idlers so the 1 guy that is on watch that day throws them all inside the server that needs to be kickstarted. And if you help with your main account then i press escape > options > video : change fullscreen to windowed and make bf1 smaller, and then browse websites or do wahtever you normally do on pc and when you see that bar on top reaching 10+10 then you go fullscreen again, p.s. do not minimize your game , because if you forget battleofeld 1 running for hours you wont never be kicked when afk kick should work (that starts after you reach the 20players that 5minutes afk autokick) but it doesnt , i have been idle in a fullserver for a day once in bf1, after that companion said i won 8 rounds that day and lost 5. I made a topic on that but so far dice hasnt fixed that.

That's just such a hazzle. Like hiring a seeding company or something like that, lol

• NL73schietdammer
    Remiflop wrote: »

That's just such a hazzle. Like hiring a seeding company or something like that, lol

Clans have multiple servers on multiple games , do you think they go into the servers with their 1 account? Idlers is the easy way, the clan with 10 idlers are mainly for bf4. But i said 4posts back 20 player start what you need , 1 of them is 3 (or4) players in your server it is enough.
  • Jaskaman
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just hope they bring 6p start at this March+ remaining needed RSP features that I mentioned in other posts, because current situation is a showstopper for us.