Giant's Shadow - What do you like/dislike about it?

Comments

• Gpepep
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As in with most maps I know that there needs to be more ways for foot soldiers to avoid snipers and tanks and air bombardment. lol.
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why is this still a sticky topic? The General Chat is flooded with sticky topics and you have to scroll forever just to see the regular ones.
  • mistaviks2
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like the crashed Zeppelin in the middle of the map. Lots of chaos, carnage and fun to be had around the two checkpoints.
  • J4ckiebrown
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One suggestion is to add this map to a new Operations once more free maps come out.
  • shalomfulheart
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The community complaints way to much, you "DON'T" like to be spotted through fog, play hardcore (thats all i play). Love GS, Dice your doing a great job...i'm loving it.
  • Xx_Legends_0m6k
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's a good map. There's not a lot of wiggle room for flanking across the map and capping objectives. Both teams typically cap the 2 flags on their half of the map, cap C or D and fight to advance. Like how every map should be. You shouldn't be able to ninja your way to the back of the map and cap flags because you aren't getting your way on the front lines
  • RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see another cavalry unit available. It takes too much time for it to spawn once killed and sometimes it is hard to get at the beginning of the game. Same thing for St. Quentin Scar.
  • Nasty48
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm going to agree with most regarding the lack of cover but a side note the constant bombs being dropped by air attacks in all maps is most upsetting. Bf3 and Bf4 you had personal defense but in Bf1 you don't except for stationary weapons and there needs to be more and better locations. A soldier runs half way across a map to a stationary weapon shots off a couple of rounds and gets shot by the overwhelming amounts of snipers. A good pilot can rack up 50 plus kills easy. Reload times are short and constant bomb drops from the opposing team can easily win a match. Thank-you
  • mrtwotimes
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like that there is no giant shadow
  • Oldtimer_M
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    <3 we will wite any update
  • MarshallOwen
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It's a very large, open map. Probably your main goal.

But as I've read and experienced. Spawning and being sniped is a real issue.

Perhaps there can be some kind of underground passages? Or would that cause people to flock there and have a grenade party....
  • Daytonaflyer
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    It's just a very boring map. Probably the worst one yet. Nothing exciting about it except for a crashed zeppelin. If you're going to make boring maps, at least put a lot of vehicles in them to make it a little more exciting
  • StonetRose7
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My favourie map tbh.Has something for all play styles.
    I think what makes this map great is that C point and D point are close together and B point and E point are not to far from C and D.
    Really good map for the medic class imo
  • Gpepep
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers really got an advantage on this map.
  • BigWoofWoof
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I genuinely don't feel the snipers are half as bad on this map compared to certain others tbh
  • Gpepep
    SvenEcc wrote: »
    I genuinely don't feel the snipers are half as bad on this map compared to certain others tbh
    Yes you are correct about that. I was just playing that map and so many snipers killed me lol.

• ukste
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    nice map
  • BiraqObonga
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This map is hot trash, easily the worst map in the game. The crashed airship with flags C and D is a complete clusterfuck with far too much chaos. The map is way too open and the flags are spaced out in the stupidest possible way imaginable. The vast majority of action happens around flags C and D and since there is no cover throughout most of the map, snipers and vehicles dominate. Lack of cover also discourages movement. It becomes a game of who sees who first. There is no strategy involved on this map. I avoid it whenever I can. Flags outside of C and D don't see any action through most of the matches until one team start dominating the other which almost always happens towards the middle of the game. It takes the dominating team a long **** time attack the outside points of the enemy team because the entire space in between is a death zone.
  • ferz100
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Like - semi-urban styled map, village etc. Dislike - the fog! It's far too overpowered. Needs to be toned down just a smidgen. Other than that, it's a good map.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    its a very simpel map, too open