Next battlefield idea.

FAQUROUGHLY
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I would like to see the franchise stay in the past and revisit 1942 (WWII). Not a remastered version but a completely new game. I love battlefield 1 and would like to see what EA and dice can do with modern technology to make an amazing WWII game.

Comments

• unctheels
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    what era do you think the next BF will be set in? what era would you prefer it to be in? i have no idea what the setting will be, but i hope its another modern era setting. i just love the sounds and gunplay of modern weapons much better than old school weapons.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    We won't know for a couple years. Personally, I don't like speculating.
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope it's either World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, or a War in the '80s between NATO, the USSR, and China. The '80s war would interest me the most.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wouldn't be too surprised if it's set in WW2, considering BF1 was a reset for the franchise. I personally wouldn't mind a WW2 era game, or something based on say, the Cold War, but they change history a bit to where fighting actually broke out. Something in that era would be a good cross between modern day tech, and older tech as well imo.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I hope it's either World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, or a War in the '80s between NATO, the USSR, and China. The '80s war would interest me the most.

I would second that. I freaking loved the setting of the original Black Ops; allowed for some really cool additions to the MP and maps. Underbarrel flamethrower? What other game has had THAT?

Plus, I'm a little sick of the modern era. I mean, how many times can you do it over? If you were to show me screenshots from BF3 and BF4, I would probably struggle to tell them apart; graphics aside, the setting and such is pretty much a carbon copy.

I'd like to see the next Battlefield be the Roman Era.

I can hear the "Nerf the Chariot!!" threads now...
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

hmmmm