New DLC Discussion!

NixonTooStronk
419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited February 2017
Recently New information on the Future DLC has been released.

Premium Pagehttps://battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/premium

Battlefield 1 – In the Name of the Tsar
battlefield-expansion-tsar-800x447.jpg

Enter the biggest front of WW1 with the Russian Army. Ride in Galicia with the legendary Hussars during the Brusilov offensive. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow-covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.

*This DLC was confirmed back in 2016.
- It'll take place on the Easter Front and will include the Russian Empire as a Playable Faction.
-We can expect the maps to revolve around the Brusilov Offensive (Maybe this will be a Future Operation)
-Snow Themed Maps Like in BF4 Final Stand
-Russian Themed Weapons: Nagant Revolver, Mosin-Nagant Rifle, Federov-Avtomat
-Judging From the Picture we might also get a New LMG: the Parabellum MG-14(with the highest Rate of fire in the class)
-Could Include an updated Train(maybe with snow camouflage and different weapons)
-Maybe Double Barrel Shotgun for Assault(Look Closely at soldier in-front of horse.

Battlefield 1 – Turning Tides

battlefield-expansion-turning-tides-800x450.jpg

Participate in the amphibious warfare of the Great War. Embark with the new destroyer into intense tactical naval clashes. Master the coastal class airship in the fierce interplay between land, air, and sea. Engage in the daredevil Zeebrugge raid and storm the beaches in the first days of the Gallipoli offensive.

-So this will be the Naval Strike dlc of Battlefield 1
-We can expect more maps like Empires Edge
-It mentions the Gallipoli Offensive, so expect the ANZAC to make an appearance as a playable faction against the Ottomans.
-New Ship themed Behemoth and maybe even a U-Boat as a Behemoth.
-It Mentions the Zeebrugge Raid so we'll get a Belgian Themed Map

Battlefield 1 – Apocalypse
battlefield-apocalypse-800x450.jpg

Go over the top in the most infamous battles of World War I. Conquer bitterly contested ground with brutal tools and unique weapons born out of desperation and deadlock. Never before have the nightmarish horrors of the Great War been closer as you descend into hell. Prepare to enter the Apocalypse.

-Very Little Information to go on here
-We can assume that the weapons for this DLC will be Prototypes(so Thompson Prototypes, Walter 1918 Shotgun, Burton Machine Rifle and the Farquar-Hill). Maybe even the Ross Rifle.
-It says Iconic battles so we could see maps like Vimy Ridge from the Battle of Arras(with underground tunnels), German Cities, Battle of Marne, Jutland and Even the Battle of Ypres.

Image Credit: EA and venturebeat.com

Post Your Thoughts down below
Post edited by NixonTooStronk on

Comments

• BadumBattlefield
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Apocalypse better have vimy ridge
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I expected some minor nations to be included in dlcs but there is no sight of it currently. There is some hope but not that much..
  • NixonTooStronk
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Honestly, I expected some minor nations to be included in dlcs but there is no sight of it currently. There is some hope but not that much..

Same, I was hoping we'd see the Japanese as a playable faction(maybe in third DLC), but it sounds like it might not be the case.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Same, I was hoping we'd see the Japanese as a playable faction(maybe in third DLC), but it sounds like it might not be the case.
    Well Japanese army is definitely not coming but I still have hopes that Serbians will be included in some way. Or Romanians.
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Apocalypse?? Himm

Necrovision based DLC lol.
  • gentlegopher
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What I really would have liked to see would be more nations included in the initial game, and a choice to choose between several appropriate nationalities on each map. Certain battles found French and American or British or Canadian troops side by side. Same for Austro-Hungarians and Germans for example (although very similar...). Would be neat to see a lot of the smaller nations included this way as well.
  • Warfan2002
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Apocalypse seems to be a reimagined Aftermath DLC imo
  • Flaccid_Tr1p
    52 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Somme has to make an appearance! That last DLC apocalypse has the potential to be the best if its just full of the most mental battles of the war.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the somme is likely in the last dlc
  • gentlegopher
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I am stoked for "In the name of the Tsar". Have always enjoyed snow maps, and getting to see/play a pre-communist Russia will certainly be an exciting and new experience. And that cavalry lance...
  • NixonTooStronk
    The Somme has to make an appearance! That last DLC apocalypse has the potential to be the best if its just full of the most mental battles of the war.

I think they will take place within the destroyed cities like Antwerp, Ypre and Arras

article-2282108-182A068E000005DC-971_964x707.jpg
    dfb74857f6eb7f7446b460a21e70e924.jpg
    article-2282108-182A0167000005DC-847_964x713.jpg
    amiens-france-europe-1919-world-war-i-ww1-destroyed-town-ruins-historical-bwtt21.jpg
    120205145352.jpg

Just Imagine Fighting in these places. I bet you $1000000 that this will be the Final DLC
  • NixonTooStronk
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Turning tides <3

Can't wait; be interesting to see how many "who hated bf1" come crawling back for the Dlcs

Turning Tides is the One that interest me the most. Since it mentions Zeebrugge Raid, I think we can speculate that their will be some sort of U-Boat(behemoth?) in the map
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Turning tides <3

Can't wait; be interesting to see how many "who hated bf1" come crawling back for the Dlcs

Turning Tides is the One that interest me the most. Since it mentions Zeebrugge Raid, I think we can speculate that their will be some sort of U-Boat(behemoth?) in the map

There are U-boat sound files and given the history of that battle and the concept art; oh bouy

I'm excited for the Gallipoli campaign. Hopefully it's not a kick in the nuts like the Runner Campaign was
  • FF_smart27
    1983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still no german zombie soldiers? :smirk:
  • RussiaWasMyIdea
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    I am so aroused.
  • Claymore512
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Would like some Gallipoli action
  • namvn
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battle speculations:

Give that there will be two operations per dlc (given by vanilla and They Shall not Pass) that means two maps will connect e.g. In the Name of the Tsar will have two battles (maps) relating to the Brusiliv Offensive etc.

I'm not sure about the Russian dlc anymore as I had pegged Tannerberg and Galicia with two maps set between Russian and Turkey (has there is a lot of battle to choose from but that front is hardly known)

Turning Tides:
    Obviously we have the Belgian port with U-boat pens but I'm not to sure if Jutland would fit in as that was entirely naval and I'm sure Dice won't be able to go down that path at this point in time; maybe they will though.

Gallipoli campaign could include ANZAC cove and expand out to either Lone Pine or the Nek if they are gonna be a bit cliche or it may include other areas of the campaign such as Cape Helles or the French landings (can't for the life of me remember the name ATM arghh) could also include the Dardnelles from a naval perspective.

Apocalypse:
    Not sure yet as no reference has been given has its currently way too vauge to guess accurately but I'll have a shot regardless;
    Passcendale
    Fromelles
    Pozières
    Belleau Woods

Bit biased but they fit the description
This discussion has been closed.