New DLC Discussion!

Comments

• MrHumbucker
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Personally i feel that this game would be incomplete, without some kind of appearance from the battle of somme. This was the biggest battle of the war, and my bets and hopes is on the apocalypse DLC!
  • KYUSS_QOTSA
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i wish all the dlc would come out at the same time. whats the point of waiting 4 monts for each? i want it now
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the last DLC is for lesser known smaller battles, like the Monastir offensive in Macedonia, or possibly Arras.
  • bran1986
    5876 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just want the Battle of Belleau Wood in the last DLC.
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I just want the Battle of Belleau Wood in the last DLC.

Yeah would be cool.

biggest wish for me is the Monastir offensive or battle of Jerusalem (not happening)
  • Sonex
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think that apocalypse is most likely the battle of Ypres. (Passchendaele)

german_barrage.jpg

Also the first poison gas attack took place at Ypres in 1915. So gas masks had to be used.

It was also the place where the British first encountered flame throwers.
  • Warfan2002
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

It's confirmed that a new destroyer and airship will be in the Turning Tides DLC
  • foxmuldertwobob
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In the Gallipoli campaign I would like to see the modifications their done to their rifles they used in the trenches and the sniper rifle with the clear plate with the T bar on the back of it as it had a better field of vision around it.
  • DamonaSolutions
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In the Gallipoli campaign I would like to see the modifications their done to their rifles they used in the trenches and the sniper rifle with the clear plate with the T bar on the back of it as it had a better field of vision around it.

You mean those crazy periscope rifles the ANZAC's made? Apparently there was so many metal flying in the air, leaving cover was suicide thus: they got creative and made guns that shoot off a periscope.

• foxmuldertwobob
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You mean those crazy periscope rifles the ANZAC's made? Apparently there was so many metal flying in the air, leaving cover was suicide thus: they got creative and made guns that shoot off a periscope.

https://www.awm.gov.au/encyclopedia/gallipoli/periscope_rifle/

I actually cringed reading your post
  • GrizzGolf
    1279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    The last DLC is going to be interesting since it looks like its near the end of the war?
  • ThePunisher_be
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    The Somme has to make an appearance! That last DLC apocalypse has the potential to be the best if its just full of the most mental battles of the war.

I think they will take place within the destroyed cities like Antwerp, Ypre and Arras

article-2282108-182A068E000005DC-971_964x707.jpg
    dfb74857f6eb7f7446b460a21e70e924.jpg
    article-2282108-182A0167000005DC-847_964x713.jpg
    amiens-france-europe-1919-world-war-i-ww1-destroyed-town-ruins-historical-bwtt21.jpg
    120205145352.jpg

Just Imagine Fighting in these places. I bet you $1000000 that this will be the Final DLC

The Germans never set one foot in Ypres. That city got destroyed by artillery fire, not by CQC.

Besides, Antwerp was never destroyed or even badly damaged. There was a lot of fighting at the many forts surrounding Antwerp at the time. The Belgian army even evacuated Antwerp.

• StoneyTomJack
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm really looking forward to these, though I had REALLY hoped for an African front (specifically, Tanzania, with Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck) expansion.

IN THE NAME OF THE TSAR
    So we're getting Operation Albion (German offensive in the Baltic's archipelagos) and the Brusilov Offensive down in Galicia. The latter was mostly waged against the Austro-Hungarians, so I suspect they'll be the defenders. The cavalry lancer will probably be the new "vehicle," and the behemoth either a train variant (although the train could very well be the same train as before, after all, They Shall Not Pass only used its behemoth on two of the maps) or the Tsar tank. Might get a cavalry elite.

TURNING TIDES
    Destroyers sends some clear messages that we're having large-scale naval battles, bigger than we've seen in any modern Battlefield game. But what other map could go with the Zeebrugge Raid in a British-German Atlantic Operation? The other Operation, based around Gallipoli, could be British vs Ottomans, but I'd imagine it's a "new" Australian army since we are supposed to get more than just France and Russia for DLC nations. No idea what elite class we'd have, but the behemoth is either going to be some lame coastal airship variant (which I think they mentioned), or a submarine.

APOCALYPSE
    No real idea here, but the big killers that we haven't seen (or disqualified due to location) are:

Arras: Underground tunnel labyrinths. I know that Argonne Forest was the original Operation Metro of BF1, and then Fort de Vaux was supposed to be the new one, but...
    Serbian Campaign: I'm honestly not interested in seeing the Serbian Campaign, but they might have Serbia be a new faction (against Austro-Hungary). 50% of the male Serbian population died during the war.
    Passchendale: First major use of gas, major Canadian presence. I could see this being the Canadian, gassed-out counterpart to the fiery french Verdun Heights.
    The Somme: Don't know anything about the battle, just that it was big and would almost certainly be added. The Somme is somewhat represented, though, by Saint Quentin's Scar... same area, just different time.
    Belleau Wood: Could be added in. It would probably play like a more open forest alternative to Argonne.

Elite, vehicle? Don't know. Can't imagine what kind of vehicle would be used, either.
    Post edited by StoneyTomJack on
  • StoneyTomJack
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Battle speculations:

Give that there will be two operations per dlc (given by vanilla and They Shall not Pass) that means two maps will connect e.g. In the Name of the Tsar will have two battles (maps) relating to the Brusiliv Offensive etc.

I'm not sure about the Russian dlc anymore as I had pegged Tannerberg and Galicia with two maps set between Russian and Turkey (has there is a lot of battle to choose from but that front is hardly known)

Turning Tides:
    Obviously we have the Belgian port with U-boat pens but I'm not to sure if Jutland would fit in as that was entirely naval and I'm sure Dice won't be able to go down that path at this point in time; maybe they will though.

Gallipoli campaign could include ANZAC cove and expand out to either Lone Pine or the Nek if they are gonna be a bit cliche or it may include other areas of the campaign such as Cape Helles or the French landings (can't for the life of me remember the name ATM arghh) could also include the Dardnelles from a naval perspective.

Apocalypse:
    Not sure yet as no reference has been given has its currently way too vauge to guess accurately but I'll have a shot regardless;
    Passcendale
    Fromelles
    Pozières
    Belleau Woods

Bit biased but they fit the description

We know for a fact that Russia is getting Operation Albion, a German offensive into Estonia. So no Russian-Ottoman battles, unfortunately. (I think the Germans are kind of overexposed, an unfortunate symptom of them having done most of the major fighting on their side...)
  • Thornado1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think that in turning tides there will be a new behemoth destroyer or u boat + new plane aka Flying boat
  • trumpmoon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i think in the last DLC its going to be the battle of verdun and the battle of Somme
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do you people love necro threads so much?
    @LOLGotYerTags @StarscreamUK
  • GenCoopCake
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've read "campaign" a few times in regards to Turning Tides--does this mean new single player??
  • PrivateJameRyan
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    heres my thoughts.

I realy want them to get gallipoli right, i dont want them to just include british player models and not incorporate the australians in there. Ill be very dissapointed if they dont include the aussies as i am one myself.

Also, i would like to see The Battle of the Somme and The Battle of Passchendaele in apocalypse. I believe that these battles fit into the category of "descending into hell". also belleau wood in there.
This discussion has been closed.