Why do people have Swastikas set as their emblem?

GTA_Kid386
290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Holocaust jokes aren't funny. Neither is racism. So why do we let this happen?

Comments

• GTA_Kid386
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Because online interactions aren't rated by the ESRB. That's why people can say/do whatever they want to over online games, short of things that would actually break the law, like making terroristic threats, or pushing/urging someone to physically harm themselves.

But other than that - a Swastika isn't illegal and falls under the "not rated" portion of the game. I mean, hell, people have genitals as emblems.

I guess you make a point.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Because they want to trigger you. I whole-heartedly agree that holocaust jokes and racism are not funny, but there are a surprising number of people who do, and use things such as swastikas as their emblems to upset people.

Thing is, the swastika wasn't originally a **** symbol anyway, it originally was actually a symbol of luck, or something of that nature.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

This is a wiki of the history of the swastika. It wasn't even an offensive emblem, but then the N_A_Z_I_S had to ruin its use for everyone though.
  • GTA_Kid386
    edited March 2017
    NZepica wrote: »
    Because they want to trigger you. I whole-heartedly agree that holocaust jokes and racism are not funny, but there are a surprising number of people who do, and use things such as swastikas as their emblems to upset people.

Thing is, the swastika wasn't originally a **** symbol anyway, it originally was actually a symbol of luck, or something of that nature.

The swastika has been around for a while. And that's an understatement. We're talking 11,000 years of history here. And there are several different versions of it. But in particular, when I see the swastika as an emblem, it is the N_a_z_i version with the red, white and black. That is the reason why I wanted to have this addressed, because, as mentioned before, holocaust jokes and racism aren't funny.
  • DevilsBathtub
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its just a symbol, do you get upset when you see an empire of japan flag?
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree that holocaust jokes are not funny but racial jokes on the other hand.............
  • GTA_Kid386
    its just a symbol, do you get upset when you see an empire of japan flag?

You're thinking of the Rising Sun flag.
    But I have a feeling that you're messing with me.
  • N7Quizolio
    87 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People want attention. If it means using an offensive symbol, they'll do so.
  • TheSaviorSix
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    N7Quizolio wrote: »
    People want attention. If it means using an offensive symbol, they'll do so.

Basically this.

They want to get a rise out of people. That or they're actual supporters, and either is is pretty bad. They think they're protected under free speech, but forgot they signed a ToS.
  • Coffeecup132
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    A lot of these are people are forgettable nobodies in real life, needing offensiveness as the only way to attain some self-perceived significance.....AND are too cowardly to be offensive in the real world, hence leading to being an anonymous 'internet baddie' in the imaginary internet world.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I chalk most of those emblems as teenagers trying to be edgy
  • StarscreamUK
    6987 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    for edgy read stupid.

the prime reason is to provoke you, and they succeeded.
  • Vespervin
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the prime reason is to provoke you, and they succeeded.

Bingo. I hope the creator of the emblem you saw sees this topic so they know their mission is a success.
  • ToniSwoleDawg
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • TrimiPejes
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    welcome to the internet OP
  • BaronVonGoon
    6199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Swastikas remind people of the horrors of the Na-zis (it's censored?). However, the Holocaust industry does take advantage of this (See Norman Finkelstein's book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48836.The_Holocaust_Industry). It's as simple as that. Zionists have an agenda and they use the suffering of the Holocaust as a tool to further their agenda. You're not worried in the same way about someone running the emblem of the Communist party of the Soviet Union because there's no one there with an agenda to scare you of the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union was far worse than the **** party. Far worse. But there's no one there to gain anything from that part of history so you don't hear anything about it. The moral of the story op is read a book and do some research before you start a thread because some people can see how ignorant of history a person is just from reading one of their sentences.

This is the only thing I'll say and I know no politics here but these thread come up every little while and I've been wanting to say something for a while.
    Swastikas remind people of the horrors of the Na-zis (it's censored?). However, the Holocaust industry does take advantage of this (See Norman Finkelstein's book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48836.The_Holocaust_Industry). It's as simple as that. Zionists have an agenda and they use the suffering of the Holocaust as a tool to further their agenda. You're not worried in the same way about someone running the emblem of the Communist party of the Soviet Union because there's no one there with an agenda to scare you of the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union was far worse than the na-zi party. Far worse. But there's no one there to gain anything from that part of history so you don't hear anything about it. The moral of the story op is read a book and do some research before you start a thread because some people can see how ignorant of history a person is just from reading one of their sentences.

This is the only thing I'll say and I know no politics here but these thread come up every little while and I've been wanting to say something for a while.
  • RussiaWasMyIdea
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    I really don't care, it's apart of history. History happens to repeat itself anywhere, whether it be some edgy kid or racists in a basement saluting a guy who killed millions of people. I, myself, have Tachanka's icon from Rainbow Six as my emblem.

Edit: That's really censored? C'mon, for ****'s sake
    Edit 2: **** isn't censored? He killed millions of more people!
  • StarscreamUK
    6987 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    **** isnt illegal in many countries, the other word is.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!