Have DICE ever gone hunting with shotgun?

2»

Comments

• MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kekcroc wrote: »
    there's this thing in video games called balance, Elmer Fudd
    Too bad, but this game neither realistic nor balanced...

• GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    frodrick79 wrote: »
    Shotguns in BF1 is a stupid JOKE.
    effective killrange for the non hunters are like 10 meters, in real life u kill deers in like 40 meters, here in 40m u might bent a hair or 2!! Takes like 4 hits unless u manages to get a pellet in their eye. nah for real REMOVE THE AUTOAIM and make SG more realistic.

And in real life getting hit by a sniper is a almost a certain death. Hell even getting hit by a simple pistol can be fatal.
  • RussiaWasMyIdea
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Use the slug, you can get a kill half across the map
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    frodrick79 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Good thing the game isn't designed around being realistic.

sure, but as of now a long stick would work, cause using shotgun and goin outside is impossible, a pistol is also shortranged, but sure, next bunker level will be superfine to use sg, but on current levels they suck.

Maybe because in the majority of FPS games ever made, shotguns have been balanced as a CLOSE RANGE weapon? You're implying that a shotgun should be able to OHK up to it's realistic "kill range" of several dozen meters. That's absolute garbage.

Sorry, but if someone is stupid enough to run out into a large open space with a shotgun in their hands, they shouldn't be able to compete with me when they get in a gunfight with me as I'm using a Cei Rigotti, or an M.95 Gewehr Carbine from 40m away. That's just weapon balance by type.
  • souler93
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    im confused? are you trying to nerf shotguns or buff them. because, shotguns on this game are already op. have you ever played bf4. there were actually severs thats said no shotguns. also, in real life bullets dont disappear. they keep going until they hit something or they lose velocity. trying to buff an already op gun to hit 40m are you serious
  • b34tboxx5
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Realism? BF? Game? Speed? Tanks? :)

Hahahaha amazing
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    sparky2172 wrote: »
    sg2434 wrote: »
    Deers

Oh man I couldn't keep it in when I read that.

deers

I forgot about this oh my god

DEERS
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    OP, if SGs worked like they do irl, we'd all drown in resulting flood of tears.