FIX SPOTTING ALREADY

2»

Comments

• MurfCr
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have to hit spot (and I counted) 8 times for it to spot a player in the open or a plane....my spot flairs...yeah..I get NO enemy on my mini map.
  • Obliviate1982
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I am aware spotting sometimes fails and doesnt work as intended, arent some classes bound by distance they can spot?
  • SparkyNuts1985
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    While I am aware spotting sometimes fails and doesnt work as intended, arent some classes bound by distance they can spot?

Depends on gear. If you have a scope, your spot distance increases while using said gear. That's not really the problem though. I'm fine with not being able to spot someone from the opposite end of the map while I've got a knife in my hand. But if I can see the difference in uniform, I should be able to spot them. If I'm close enough to see what class you're using, I should be able to spot them.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    zodemere wrote: »
    spotting fine

No, it isn't. It sucks. If I can see with my own two eyes that there is an enemy, I shouldn't need to hit spot 12 times to actually spot them. If you think that's fine, I've got some stuff to sell you.

So in the time it took to hit the spotting key 12 times you could have just shot him within a second...

So you're saying in my own words that you want to Spot an enemy on the map, stare at the red dot to plan your attack, let him run away, go find him later, die a few times trying to get there and then success, 5 minutes later you got your kill all because you wanted to hit your spot key.

Damnit, FIX THE SPOTTING KEY, this killing enemies in 1 second is nonsense. Spotting is an art and should take 5 minutes...
  • slappy323
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I can hit mark a guy, I should be able to spot him as well. And, if I can spot a guy who just died, I would say that the mechanism isn't quite working.
  • SparkyNuts1985
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    zodemere wrote: »
    spotting fine

No, it isn't. It sucks. If I can see with my own two eyes that there is an enemy, I shouldn't need to hit spot 12 times to actually spot them. If you think that's fine, I've got some stuff to sell you.

So in the time it took to hit the spotting key 12 times you could have just shot him within a second...

So you're saying in my own words that you want to Spot an enemy on the map, stare at the red dot to plan your attack, let him run away, go find him later, die a few times trying to get there and then success, 5 minutes later you got your kill all because you wanted to hit your spot key.

Damnit, FIX THE SPOTTING KEY, this killing enemies in 1 second is nonsense. Spotting is an art and should take 5 minutes...

You get that some enemies are outside my range if I use certain classes, right mouth breather? Why would I see a dude at 40m and try blasting away with a shotgun? I might as well be shooting confetti at him. Or what if a dude is too close and I am using a a scoped scout rifle? I'm not good aiming up close with those thigs, maybe I should shoot in his general vicinity to let him know I'm there. What if there are a few dudes and I know I'm probably not going to drop all of them? Just rush in there, kill two dudes, get merc'd by the third who was a medic so he can rez the two I just killed? What if there's a tank, and I'm a medic or a scout, and there's pretty much nothing I can do past throwing exactly ONE light AT grenade at him.

Like, you get that sometimes it's better to pick your battles rather than hold your gun in one hand and your balls in the other and not try and being effing rambo? Maybe I want to spot someone that's close to a teammate that I don't have a great shot on, but they would, guess I'm garbage for not shooting through the damn rock to drop him. Think before you speak, you blithering idiot, you'll embarrass yourself less.

There's a reason why spotting was useful in previous games. If you couldn't talk to other teammates, you could, at the least, point out threats that would other teammates are better equipped to handle. That's was the ENTIRE PURPOSE of having it in the first place, and it rarely functions like that in this game.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Shot him in one second.?......yea, if you have the magic sweet spot rifle.
  • MAADDEE
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Well the enemy is right in my crosshair, I press Q nothing happens. I continue pressing for like 10s, still no spot. Then I started firing it with a automatico from 50m+ and I hit it, but despite I pressed Q right after it, it still refused to mark it.
    Yes... spotting works perfectly....

It's totally random.... Sometimes I press a single Q and the half screen got spotted by it, other times I can't even spot a guy right in my crosshair with a scope.
  • jcupps12
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    What is even worse is when you clearly see someone, try to spot them 4 times, it doesn't work, and then it enters that stupid cool down where you can't spot anything. I get the cool down to deter spamming but it is annoying. It is also annoying that sometimes i can spot someone while just moving my screen on them and they are 200 m away but when i ADS at them i get nothing from 50 m away.
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Darn, that lasted longer than it should.

To the OP: Don't write in caps only, and certainly don't be disrespectful. Be calm and respectful, so that you may be respected as well.

Thread locked.
This discussion has been closed.