LOW FPS on basically all settings and maps.

SlayerNebula
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2017
Lets just cut to the chase this is my EXACT setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J6bpRG

I cannot get good FPS in this game no matter what i do. I have tried doing the user configs where you lower settings and cap FPS, lowering all settings, but i cannot find a fix.
I have DDU'ed my drivers multiple times, cleared my driver cache multiple times via DDU, the only explanation that has been given to me and what i slowly think is the problem is my CPU. Yes i know it is almost a 5 year old chip. I don't understand how i can't even get 60 fps when i have a great graphics card even on the lowest settings. My CPU is overclocked to 4.0 Ghz. My GPU is not overclocked, i should overclock it soon. And i did up the voltage on my RAM but even before thing it didn't perform well. I quite frankly don't know what to do other then save up and overhaul my PC completely and either get Ryzen or Kaby Lake.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Comments

• LcTVirus
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cpu is a bit on the low side. get a i5 6600 or if you got the cash i7 6700k. intel dropped the prices to match AMD new chips
  • MrCrunch08
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Have you tried going in to nvidia control panel and setting max prerendered frames to 1? I'm sure someone will come and say set it to 2 but at least try them both. I know with one it will improve lag and stop the cpu from trying to do more then it can. It may not help but worth looking in to. You should also make sure to go in task manager and shut down everything that isn't essential. If you are using an antivirus try shutting that down or put it in game mode. At the very least it should allow you to disable active scanning and realtime blah blah.
  • SlayerNebula
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCrunch08 wrote: »
    Have you tried going in to nvidia control panel and setting max prerendered frames to 1? I'm sure someone will come and say set it to 2 but at least try them both. I know with one it will improve lag and stop the cpu from trying to do more then it can. It may not help but worth looking in to. You should also make sure to go in task manager and shut down everything that isn't essential. If you are using an antivirus try shutting that down or put it in game mode. At the very least it should allow you to disable active scanning and realtime blah blah.

Yeah i have tried the whole Nvidia panel trick doesn't work. I guess my CPU has had a good run i guess it just isn't enough anymore i'm just going to see if Ryzen delivers good for Multi Media and gaming and if so overhaul my PC and if it doesn't i'll pick up a Kaby Lake or Skylake chip. Thanks though.
  • SlayerNebula
    LcTVirus wrote: »
    cpu is a bit on the low side. get a i5 6600 or if you got the cash i7 6700k. intel dropped the prices to match AMD new chips

Yeah i'm just gonna have to overhaul my PC. Thanks for the reply.
  • AESTViking2121
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, that i5 is a really good CPU, but it just can't cope with BF1. You can try to get your CPU to 4.5ghz, it wont take much effort to get it there, it will help somewhat, if its choppy you can limit the FPS.

If you plan to play this game all the time, I recommend an i7 6700 at least. even some skylake i5s are having some trouble with 100% CPU usage.

If you want a cheap upgrade, I suggest to look around for a i7 2600 or an i7 3770 that will work with that board, of course the K means you can overclock. But the non k Sandy and Ivybridge you can go 400mhz above the base clock. It will help some with its extra threads.
  • Draftus95
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Viking2121 wrote: »
    Yeah, that i5 is a really good CPU, but it just can't cope with BF1. You can try to get your CPU to 4.5ghz, it wont take much effort to get it there, it will help somewhat, if its choppy you can limit the FPS.

If you plan to play this game all the time, I recommend an i7 6700 at least. even some skylake i5s are having some trouble with 100% CPU usage.

If you want a cheap upgrade, I suggest to look around for a i7 2600 or an i7 3770 that will work with that board, of course the K means you can overclock. But the non k Sandy and Ivybridge you can go 400mhz above the base clock. It will help some with its extra threads.

Or maybe ryzen? Seen some leaked benchmarks and it looks promising... I just hope it makes intel reduce their prices so that I can buy an i7 6700k xD
  • SmallBluePapers
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the same CPU and it's OC'd to 4.2, with 8 gigs of ram and a GTX 780 and I can hold a rock solid 60 fps @ 1440p.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

no way is it worth upgrading from a 3570k to a 6600. I have a [email protected] 4.2 + hd7970 and never drop below 60 fps
  • Mediffs
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    B0ng0420 wrote: »

no way is it worth upgrading from a 3570k to a 6600. I have a [email protected] 4.2 + hd7970 and never drop below 60 fps

Have to agree with this. If you're going to upgrade I wouldn't recommend a 6600. I just picked up an i7 7700 to replace my i5 6600.
    My 6600 is barely able to hold a steady 60fps on a 24 player rush server. Others seem to have gotten better performance out of it though.
    With this game there's not much consistency regarding performance.
  • SmallBluePapers
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    B0ng0420 wrote: »

I have the same CPU and was thinking of getting a 2nd hand 3770k or maybe upgrade to Ryzen, but now the benchmarks are out it's not that great for gaming (or not as good as a 7700k). I'd like to see how it performs in BF1 with 64 players. I can max the game out on single player and hold 60 fps. On multiplayer I put everything on low, otherwise the FPS tanks.

But you're right, I wouldn't upgrade to another i5. If I upgrade at all it will be for more cores.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lets just cut to the chase this is my EXACT setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J6bpRG

I cannot get good FPS in this game no matter what i do. I have tried doing the user configs where you lower settings and cap FPS, lowering all settings, but i cannot find a fix.
    I have DDU'ed my drivers multiple times, cleared my driver cache multiple times via DDU, the only explanation that has been given to me and what i slowly think is the problem is my CPU. Yes i know it is almost a 5 year old chip. I don't understand how i can't even get 60 fps when i have a great graphics card even on the lowest settings. My CPU is overclocked to 4.0 Ghz. My GPU is not overclocked, i should overclock it soon. And i did up the voltage on my RAM but even before thing it didn't perform well. I quite frankly don't know what to do other then save up and overhaul my PC completely and either get Ryzen or Kaby Lake.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Dude lowering ur graphics isn't going to solve the cup bottleneck instead increase the workload on ur gpu.By the way the game is poorly optimised.